difference between lonliness and alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyagnew

Reaction score
[/color][/size][/font][size=medium]
garbage.jpg

9:17 AM 7/i've been more than just lonely..i've been alone for years.i don't have any interest in the things that others my age are interested in and i prefer to hang out with people younger than myself.it's almost not possible for me to get along with people my age.i think much younger than them ..neither am i attracted to females in my age bracket/. and being an introvert makes things even worse.see my profile..i'm probably considered an oddball or unusual by most people's standards..i'm lonely not by choice ,believe me ..i'm alone not by choice./i't's been totally impossible for me to make friends in the past years.i try but my interests aren't shared by anyone that i've come across in the past several years.and i absolutely began to hate doing things that others enjoyed doing and never meeting anyone that shared my interests./i'm extremely lonely and alone..for years now.acquaintences aren't the same as having friends.the typical bowling buddy i ever had never turned into the established relationship and i definitely want more in life than the now and then bowling buddies and acquaintances ...(eventual)established relationships are important to me.

but are they common anymore?

9:29 AM 7/22/2011

You can alway date younger women if you want. No one is stopping you.
Stop worrying so much what other poeple think about that Dont let
want toher people think determind
how you should live your life.

Not sure how old you are but Ive dated women half my age. Shes alot
more mature as aperson and we got alone just fine. Her pesonality matches mine...She donst care what other people think anyway.

I dont know where you live and whats avalliable to you as far as your interest. Maybe you might try other interest.

Maybe if you can afford it...try relocating to places with more resouces or more people. More diveersity. Poeple have different
mind set depending on location.
If you travel. Youll notice that.

Maybe take a road trip across the country ..itll give you a different perspective. .

For me loniness its just a phase

I keep a young mind and heart by
chioce.

Some people think theyre old at whatever age..so they live like that.
Dont really know what to tell them.. .

i think that a lot of us on this site are in the same boat as you. i'm like you in a lot of ways that you mentioned, except i'm into making acquaintances with older people than i. people my age bore me to death for the most part, except the few that don't.

it's tough being an introvert, but like those gay commercials state, it gets better. you just have to learn to live with yourself and accept that it's just the way that you are and that you shouldn't try and change yourself for other people's benefit. trust me, i learned the hard way that trying to please everyone else is a grave mistake.

acquaintances are definitely not friends, especially not for an introvert, but it's pretty much a universal fact that real friends are hard to come by, and that friendship is like a delicate rose that must be maintained without fail. i'm a horrible friend, and i know it, but by the grace of God i've been blessed with a few good friends that have stuck by my side all these years.

i meant to give you some sort of advice, but i just kind of rambled on here. hopefully you can draw from what i've said here.

Latest posts

Back