disposable

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonely Girl, you hit the nail on the head, but I have one more thing to add: if a guy lives with his girlfriend or is married, they have FREE MAID SERVICE.

***quote LG***
"I did support your controversy post with Robin. However, part of your post seems a bit misogynistic to me. Yes, a girlfriend isn't everything. Having a girlfriends takes the following: Time, money, energy, patience. These are parts of a romantic relationship. However, men do get something out of it, too: A person to care for who cares for you; sex; companionship; a female perspective in life; sometimes good advice. I have helped steer my husband away from many mistakes in life, I think."

Blue Sky said:
Hi Gibo

Well it's good that he called you at work, and you told him how you felt. Maybe thats all he needed to hear.

i think so too.. but theres this voice at the back of my head telling me to be cautious...

we went on a date thursday night, and watched The Simpsons.. it cracked me up.. you know, before the movie started, he reached for my hand and held it until the movie ended. i can see from the corner of my eye that he kept on looking at me.. i really feel happy... but sumthing is scaring me.. its been too long since my last real relationship..

Hi Gibo,

In reading your posts, I'm going to caution you to not set yourself up for failure, as it seems that you may be on that track. I'm concerned that he is going to have "that talk" with you, very soon, because he is becoming uncomforatable with your lack of feeling secure, that he is feeling like he is doing something wrong, but doesn't know what....
From his words to you, it seems he isn't a big talker, or shower of emotion. He has been frank to you about how he feels, "I'm for you and you're for me", etc, and to him, that seems to be enough for you to know he is sincere. However, being female, I'm going to say to you, that I TOTALLY understand your questioning and wondering, worry, etc. We do that all the time! But, my advice, let it go. Enjoy the relationship, don't read more into it that necessary. Take what he has said, and accept it. If you need a guy to give constant verbal assurance, either tell him that you are the type that do like to hear the reassuring words (which is okay to be that way) so that he knows this is why you feel unsecure, or find a different guy who does give this constant confirmation. Let him know, communicate. He may be able to meet what you need, just isn't aware of that need.

Latest posts

Back