Do others sense something bad in me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocebo

Reaction score
My friendships & relationships aren't working out very well.
Is there something about me that others sense...so they stay away?

I'm not sure I believe in the theory of auras exactly. But if I did, then I would feel as though I had a bad one!

Lol Alienated.

Nocebo, I don't think anyone here can exactly tell what you're like because you haven't posted much and we haven't learnt much of you.

If you're talking about in physical life, then perhaps, but we can't be sure either since we're not around you in physical.

This is the only post so far i've seen of you.

It might be that you're insecure, or have low self esteem. People tend to notice that, and the way people act when they have low self esteem is often off putting.

It could also be in your head, that you feel things are going bad, while in reality they might be doing much better. Insecurities will keep you from seeing that.

Or it might be just that you act in ways, which are completely normal to you, but "weird" to other people, that they take their distance.

You can also be too clingy.

You might be associating with the wrong people.

That's pretty much all i can come up with on the top of my head.

How DO people see you? Do they react a certain way when you say/do something?

I'm finding that all through my life I am easily 'forgotten' about.

It's hard to explain without going into many, many details. And I don't have the mental energy for that right now :(

ok..
I happen to be one that can sometimes sense people. I do get feelings and vibes from certain people, and can sense the auras sometimes.
but I don't sense anything bad here..
what I do sense though, its some kind of emptiness.
maybe because you are holding back, or maybe because you feel forgotten about or over looked, you are putting out that type of signal.
how we feel about ourselves is how we portray of ourselves to the world.
positive thinking and displaying a positive attitude to people you cross paths with is the key.

finding the right match for you is also key. whether it be a relationship or friendships, they both rely on reciprocating feelings.
just because it doesn't work out sometimes, doesn't mean that you are at fault. it could just be that those you thought you fit in with, turned out to not be a good match?
I am known to do the same. injecting myself into a group of friends only to realize down the road that I didn't really fit in and I was not seen by them, the same way that I thought I was being seen. and then feel rejected and at fault when it fails.

if you would like to chat more or in more detail, feel free to pm me =)

Nocebo said:
I'm finding that all through my life I am easily 'forgotten' about.

It's hard to explain without going into many, many details. And I don't have the mental energy for that right now :(

for most of my life I had the same problem, I think the cause was (sometimes still is) that low self esteem was making me very apologetic, so the vibe I would give out was: "well, if you really want to be my friend/boyfriend, but you'd really be better off with someone else".
Also being a bit quiet and not stupidly opinionated, looking for fights just to feel important like some people I used to know and who would eclipse me all the time, I would disappear in the background.
As Walley rightly calls it, that "emptiness" is also unwillingness to engage oneself, and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Now I understand that discussion is one of the basis for communication and being recognized, so I force myself to be a bit more outgoing in my opinions, which ends up being obnoxious at times.

I also don't believe in auras, but there must be some animal subliminal smell that people with low self esteem have and that is acknowledged by others.

Latest posts

Back