Do these words describe you? Then its probably why your single

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rust said:
I doubt the problem is having those characteristics is the problem, it's probably more to do with boasting about it, if people want to get to know you they want to find out if you have these characteristics through conversation rather than have you say it in your profile, you shouldn't have to say your caring or respectful if your actions reflect it and let's face it we're jaded as hell so we just assume they're lying

That's how I see it.  Better to talk about things that are interesting or unique about yourself rather than generic "qualities".

I was on OKCupid for a short time and there was one lady who I had a 10% match with. I gave it a shot and wrote her and we went out multiple for a while. She was great in the early evening, but she would drink and turn into a mean drunk. I stayed with her longer than I would have because I was lonely and the first part of the evening was fun and I got out of my room and was doing something.

Her profile was a guide and I knew we had almost nothing in common going into it. The issues I had with her weren't on her profile. I agree with Callie, the profile is only to get you in the door.

ardour said:
Rust said:
I doubt the problem is having those characteristics is the problem, it's probably more to do with boasting about it, if people want to get to know you they want to find out if you have these characteristics through conversation rather than have you say it in your profile, you shouldn't have to say your caring or respectful if your actions reflect it and let's face it we're jaded as hell so we just assume they're lying

That's how I see it.  Better to talk about things that are interesting or unique about yourself rather than generic "qualities".

The low rated qualities arent any more generic then the ones rated highly.

You guys are giving these people too much credit.  Again I doubt they are thinking things through as much as you guys are giving them credit for.  A good percentage of people on dating sites have sex on the first date.  These results indicate people looking for an exciting, easy hookup more then anything.

Latest posts

Back