Do you believe in the paranormal?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghosts, telepathy, psychokinesis...etc. Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
D

DayvanCowboy

Yes or No?

I have had two experiences that I still can't explain to this day. I do believe in the paranormal BTW.

The first is the three shadows that would stand on my front porch while I was inside waiting for my father when he would come home from work. I was only 6 or 7 at the time and I was deathly afraid of the dark but somehow I would be so calm while waiting for my father at the staircase near the front door in the pitch dark. The front window was draped with a thin white cloth so i can't see the outside clearly at all except for the shadows of trees, but once in a while I could see three shadows on my front porch just standing there. They always had their backs to me as well.

The second is that I used to have an old Italian neighbor that would like to smoke cigs on the sidewalk in front of his house. He has passed away for over two years now. Last November I was driving home from a night out and when I turned into my driveway I noticed this little bright light getting a bit brighter and brighter that looked exactly like the amber glow of someone smoking a cigarette. It occured in the exact same spot where he would always smoke. I was terribly freaked that night.

So do you believe? Do you have any stories or weird experiences that you cannot explain?

No.

Sometimes I wish I did, but then my brain has these things called thoughts and I realize the last thing I need is honeysuckle outside of reality to start worrying about as well.

Yes I do, I believe in there being a spirit world and sometimes the spirits come here to help us. I have had things happen to me that I think is moor then a cowincedence. Ive not really had what happened to you. But I have had some other things happen that makes me think there is moor to this world then meets the eye. So I well leave it there with just the yes I do believe there is something moor. If you wont to call that the paranormal then so be it. I think it would have many names. paranormal is as good as any other thing to call it :)

I think DayvanCowboy that you are one of those ppl that are moor subjectable to this things. You should embrace it not run or be scared of it.

I believe there is far more to this world than what we can ever see, but I'm not really sure what all of it is.

iamben said:
I believe there is far more to this world than what we can ever see, but I'm not really sure what all of it is.

I'm with Ben on this. I think it would be pretty cocky to think that something doesn't exist, just because we can't see it. :p

EveWasFramed said:
iamben said:

I'm with Ben on this. I think it would be pretty cocky to think that something doesn't exist, just because we can't see it. :p

Ye, exactly

What? You think I would let this one pass!:p
Probably not the answer you would expect from me, But I'm not sure.
I've done many investigations of "real" haunted houses. 97% had scientific explanations and not ghosts. The other 3% keeps me going back. I know there is something out there but is it ghosts. IDK.
Yesterday I was walking the dog past an old house site, I was spoken to there once last summer by something unseen. I was kidding around and was telling my daughter that in years past people would invite you to come sit on the porch and talk, well, I yelled hello in the house and got no answer, (it's just a stone fireplace in the middle of a small clearing) the next day as I past the site someone said, "come on down and sit a spell" I was shocked and ask"what" and the voice said "come sit a spell" there is nowhere to hide, it's all open and you could see anyone that would be there. Kinda freaked me out!
Yesterday walking past this same spot something fell out of tree's, I thought it was a walnut and ducked but a bone landed beside me. Thats right, a bone, about a foot long and old and bleached white. then in a couple minutes my dog went nuts and ran, trying to get off her lead and pulling me with her. She is a 70 pound boxer that isn't afraid of much but she wanted out of there bad. She had a hell of a time catching up with me because I split.
I plan to go back with my stuff and take some readings soon, if I get anything, I'll set up a team investigation. I've never had something thrown at me before so this could get fun! My guess is that a preditor carried a bone up a tree alone time ago and I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, But, What scared my dog so bad?
I plan to walk the dog there again today. There is only one thing on this Earth that I'm afraid of, and it aint no ghost. LOL:p

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
What? You think I would let this one pass!:p
Probably not the answer you would expect from me, But I'm not sure.
I've done many investigations of "real" haunted houses. 97% had scientific explanations and not ghosts. The other 3% keeps me going back. I know there is something out there but is it ghosts. IDK.
Yesterday I was walking the dog past an old house site, I was spoken to there once last summer by something unseen. I was kidding around and was telling my daughter that in years past people would invite you to come sit on the porch and talk, well, I yelled hello in the house and got no answer, (it's just a stone fireplace in the middle of a small clearing) the next day as I past the site someone said, "come on down and sit a spell" I was shocked and ask"what" and the voice said "come sit a spell" there is nowhere to hide, it's all open and you could see anyone that would be there. Kinda freaked me out!
Yesterday walking past this same spot something fell out of tree's, I thought it was a walnut and ducked but a bone landed beside me. Thats right, a bone, about a foot long and old and bleached white. then in a couple minutes my dog went nuts and ran, trying to get off her lead and pulling me with her. She is a 70 pound boxer that isn't afraid of much but she wanted out of there bad. She had a hell of a time catching up with me because I split.
I plan to go back with my stuff and take some readings soon, if I get anything, I'll set up a team investigation. I've never had something thrown at me before so this could get fun! My guess is that a preditor carried a bone up a tree alone time ago and I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, But, What scared my dog so bad?
I plan to walk the dog there again today. There is only one thing on this Earth that I'm afraid of, and it aint no ghost. LOL:p

Oh man I love your sense of adventure. I would love to go and do that with you. Anything like this just totally intrigues me.

I'm still undecided, I've experienced some things that were pretty strange but maybe it's just unexplained so far and is a perfectly good explanation for things like ghosts that involves the human mind er something, the other part of me says that like Eve said, we can't be so cocky as to say we can explain everything, I mean look at how small of a percentage of things we can detect with our eyes only a tiny portion of the electromagnetic spectrum,visible light there are tons of others we see less than 1%....

I don't have to see microscopic things to know they exist.

However, no one can mathematically, logically, or rationally prove that there are phantoms wandering around or goblins in your microwave or whatever else there is. I can't see the wind but we have windmills, I can't see Malaria but there are the millions of dead Africans to prove it, I can't see an Atom but I'll be damned if Nukes aren't a very real terror.

I'd like to think maybe they did. I've tried going to haunted places, I even snuck into supposedly haunted places around town by myself at odd hours of the night, I've messed around with a Ouija board, I've been to all these weird new age and hippy stores with my ex, I have yet to find anything in the slightest giving me a hint of there being boogey men or angels or zombies or whatever in existence.

If this stuff is real it's all going to end up being exploited by some company full of ******** anyway. Honestly do we really want to end up paying a ghost's rent?

ya, one time about a year ago i was just sitting on my bed doing my homework, and all of a sudden my radio just turned on, and then then the tuner moved off of the radiostation and just started playing static and white noise. It was freaky and it was on the other side of the room and there was no one else in my room. It hasn't happened again and i hope it doesn't.

the world we live in is not profound. It's very shallow, most things you see are as they are. no I don't believe.

I don't believe in fairytales or rubbish like that, and I end up falling out with people in arguments about it.

It's lies there's no such thing as ghosts or fairies or magic.

Silence KId said:
the world we live in is not profound. It's very shallow, most things you see are as they are. no I don't believe.

PieBeNice said:
I don't believe in fairytales or rubbish like that, and I end up falling out with people in arguments about it.

It's lies there's no such thing as ghosts or fairies or magic.

I agree with the above points.

That makes four of us in a row. The one thing I do believe in is the openness of the human mind to suggestion.

People talk about the "unexplained" all the time. "Morglops" are unexplained, and that's because I just made them up. Things are unexplained because science hasn't mapped out everything in the universe yet: that's no argument for why we should accept things with no logical basis whatsoever for them.

Latest posts

Back