Do you feel lucky punk

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bluey

Well do ye?

sniperkitty0gr.jpg

This morning I was walking me mums dog like normal and I bump into an old friend that I used to hang with form about the age 7 tell 11. And man do I feel sorry for him. He drinks 4 cans of strong beer the second he gets out of bed. He has absolutely nothing in he's life. Plus he looked a meas. He keep asking me if I would go for a drink with him. I feel well guilty for distancing myself from him but he's not the same guy as he was all them years ago.

My life is not perfect but compared to he's I have it real sweet.

Makes me feel lucky for what I have. It makes me feel guilty cos I do not wont to be friends with this guy. And it makes me feel sorry for him as well.

It is perfectly normal to want the best for your mom and for this man, but not want them to be together. Don't feel bad.

Seeing friends slowly self-destruct is always a very sad thing, and even though we may try as hard as we can to show them the right path, we can only show them the path, and not drag them through it. It is up to them if they just want to keep ignoring your advice, because then they are not being a good friend to you.

I went through a time like that myself. I got up in the morning and grabbed a bottle of Coke and mixed in about 2 shots of JD. I'd drink those all day - even at work. In my way I was escaping my misery.

I know it may be hard. But maybe he needs a friend more than anything right now. After all, isn't that why we're here? Maybe he's in the same boat as we are, but dealing with it in a more self destructive way. Your old friend may be in there somewhere still needing someone to show him how to get out of the self induced prison alcohol can create.

Bluey said:
...I used to hang with form about the age 7 tell 11...

Since i moved around yearly as i was growing up i don't know what is typical. Are most people still hanging out with the same people that they were in grade school? It would seem that intrests change and people go in their different directions.

I have come back to a town after being gone for a decade and looked up old friends. Things weren't the same and we couldn't just pick up where we left off.

I don't see any reason to feel guilty. It isn't like the guy is asking for help and you are refusing. Your interests have just gone in different directions over the years.

My boss has a cousin who, unfortunately, is one of the biggest tweakers (meth addict) in the area. The guy's made the news paper before when he's been arrested. He also drives drunk all the time.

Boss seriously hates the guy. Especially since their last name is pretty well known in this area for being trustworthy and hardworking people, and this guy's basically one of the biggest piles of honeysuckle around.

So every time Boss has a bad day and thinks his life sucks, all he does is think of his cousin, and suddenly everything's bright and happy again because he's glad he isn't him. :p

For all of our problems, perceived or actual, we could certainly have it worse.

Yes, I not much of anything else to say really. I do feel guilty for not wanting to go for a drink with him. But even he's appearance looks a meas. I don't think that has much to do with the drink tho as sad as that may be. I think that's just kinder who he is anyway. He was never the brightest guy in the world. But ye where just from different worlds now.

I Guss it just made me feel grateful for what I have.

M yeah, when you put it this way, one's own problems certainly seem lesser in comparison. I'm not sure how you can help him Bluey, it's not like he's gonna stop slurping beer in ungodly quantities just because you asked him to. But perhaps suggest to him an idea of visiting some AA centre. You really have no reason to feel guilty about refusing to go for a drink with him.

I did suggest the AA meetings to him but he said he was not ready to stop. I also said you don't know what its doing to your liver. But he said he's liver is OK. I pointed out that it is now but it may not stay that way. But he's not ready to stop.

We have absolutely nothing in common at all. me and him have grown to be two completely different ppl. But its hard not to feel guilty when some one reaches out for your friendship and you basically walk away. I think all he might need is a friend. But I am not that fined.

I feel like I have snubbed him and in a way I have if am honest. But I could not trust him ether. We are just into different stuff and have completely different ways to live life.

I mean this guy has to live at home cos he's not capable to look after him self. He's two years older then me and he's mum still controls he's money cos he would just spend it all on the first day if he had it. He even told me this.

But ye put the guilt trip to one side it dose make me feel lucky for what I am and have got.

Dose anyone else know ppl that make your feel lucky for what you have?

Latest posts

Back