Do You Feel That Punishment For Animal Cruelty Should Be More Severe?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I was going to post this in my Scrapbook, but not all members read it, so I decided to post it on the GD.

I have seen some of the most horrendous and disturbing videos that depict animal cruelty. I have a tremendous amount of respect for all animals. This
magnitude of crime in my opinion, warrants a much stiffer penalty for those scum who abuse animals for their sick amusement.

fresia faces who are cruel beyond belief, should receive much stiffer punishment then most of them receive. If I was a judge, I'd turn their life upside down.

Do you agree that the laws should be stiffer?

Yes, I definitely do.

I eat meat, and can't be vegan (I have tried, but just can't do it.) However, I hate eating hamburgers, thinking that animals were tortured just to get me my Big Mac!

They definitely need to enact stricter laws against animal cruelty. I definitely agree.

Well, I'm going to be weird and put a counter-argument (not necessarily saying that animal cruelty is a good thing)
Since we all know regardless of your personal choices the fact remains that there is an enormous industry operating entirely ignorant of you and your life-aspirations. Animals will still be tortured and killed in order to create burgers.
In the jungle, you kill an animal - you have to look it in the eyes and watch the life fade from it. You understand that the life you took is what furthers your own. Humankind has lost touch with this, and confused people get the idea that killing is wrong, when its a part of nature - more natural than abstaining from a sort of food we've evolved to rely on. What is really the crime is the IMPERSONALIZATION of death. Death is taken from your hands and put into the hands of massive factories where animals are locked in tight, overcrowded pens and wade knee deep in their own honeysuckle, looking forwards only to an end.
That's why I'm against Vegetarianism, since I think you're basically letting that suffering go to waste. And no, that doesn't mean go and eat every **** thing on the menu at Burger King and McDonalds simply to justify the death...but in a very strange way by taking what you need and at least acknowledging on some level that something else died so that you could live, maybe just being aware of the fact, of what it means.

Getting back to animal cruelty in general, people are animals as well. We're all critters of varied species. The reason certain critters are not protected by laws as strongly as certain other critters is that those critters don't yell loud enough in certain courts using the book of corrupt laws certain rich courts full of rich people made up to keep the poor and the down-trodden stay that way.

Non-human animals can experience pain and fear just as much as human beings, so why should only we be entitled to ethical treatment? I think punishment and rehabilitation for torturing or needlessly killing an animal should be equal to that of torturing or needlessly killing a fellow human being.

TheMaul said:
confused people get the idea that killing is wrong, when its a part of nature - more natural than abstaining from a sort of food we've evolved to rely on.

Rape is also "natural" or a "part of nature". That doesn't make it any more ethical.

I don't think veganism is an effective solution to reducing the suffering of non-human animals, as it's not a real boycott. A boycott means you stop using a product in favour of another one in the same niche until the producer of the first product changes what you don't like about them. Vegans don't boycott meat produced by cruel factory farms in favor of meat produced by "humane" farms; they refuse to eat meat altogether permanently and offer no compromise. This means the meat producers have no reasonable business option but to continue as usual. If on the other hand they bought only meat from "humane" farms, they would create realistic pressure on producers to change their practices to reduce the suffering of their animals and gain more customers. Plus there would be much more support because people who refuse to give up eating meat could join the cause.

Of course it would be even more effective to stop playing their game and change the system that promotes profit above all other interests.

P.S: Why do vegans refuse to eat honey because it would promote the exploitation of bees, but are quite happy to support an industry that kills countless other insects using pesticides?

I look in the eyes of my pets every day, and I thank god that they're not being slaughtered for food. I also see that they all have souls, personalities, and lives. They may not be "human", but if humans create wars and fight over religion and stuff like that, I'd rather be an animal than a human, personally.

The most severe punishment in the UK is 6 months in prison and the largest fine is £20 000.

However I doubt many sickos get anything close to this :(

LoneKiller said:
I was going to post this in my Scrapbook, but not all members read it, so I decided to post it on the GD.

I have seen some of the most horrendous and disturbing videos that depict animal cruelty. I have a tremendous amount of respect for all animals. This
magnitude of crime in my opinion, warrants a much stiffer penalty for those scum who abuse animals for their sick amusement.

fresia faces who are cruel beyond belief, should receive much stiffer punishment then most of them receive. If I was a judge, I'd turn their life upside down.

Do you agree that the laws should be stiffer?

I agree... those heartless idiots who have no respect for life must be severly punished.

However, I don't approve the death penalty in any case. But a nice life sentence for killing endangered species seems like something we need.

You have seen videos of ANIMALS getting cruelly tortured and you think the perpetrators deserve more severe punishment. For me thats a load of sh** becuase I've seen videos of absolutely far more cruel things done to human beings, and my sympathies will always go to human beings first before they go to animals. I really think its a load of honeysuckle because somehow its perfectly legal to watch an 18 year old get their head cut off, but watching a dog get beaten is illegal. And some people get more offended by the video of the dog, its really pure horseshit.

passage said:
You have seen videos of ANIMALS getting cruelly tortured and you think the perpetrators deserve more severe punishment. For me thats a load of sh** becuase I've seen videos of absolutely far more cruel things done to human beings, and my sympathies will always go to human beings first before they go to animals. I really think its a load of honeysuckle because somehow its perfectly legal to watch an 18 year old get their head cut off, but watching a dog get beaten is illegal. And some people get more offended by the video of the dog, its really pure horseshit.

I think you may be misinterpreting LoneKiller. He doesn't seem to be asking for animal killers/torturers to be punished more severely than those who kill/torture humans, just more severely than they are currently being punished. If you cut off a person's head, you'll get locked away for a loooong time. If you do the same to someone who happens to be a different species but is just as capable of suffering, you usually get a slap on the wrist. Some people get more offended seeing non-human animals suffer because they are more vulnerable and defenseless than people. Just like many people are more offended seeing children suffer than adults because they are more vulnerable.

And what makes the ape species we call humans so special that they deserve more sympathy than other species?

DesertWolf, the short answer to your question is empathy. The long is that what you consume or utilize is deemed inferior by the mind, unless you're superstitious you don't truly believe that a cow is greater than you because it feeds you. Its what you use to stay alive, you take its life so yours can continue.
As for torture for enjoyment, well my brain is a little fuzzy. I've been up for too long. This conversation requires greymeat...brb. Getting brain.

TheMaul said:
DesertWolf, the short answer to your question is empathy. The long is that what you consume or utilize is deemed inferior by the mind, unless you're superstitious you don't truly believe that a cow is greater than you because it feeds you. Its what you use to stay alive, you take its life so yours can continue.
As for torture for enjoyment, well my brain is a little fuzzy. I've been up for too long. This conversation requires greymeat...brb. Getting brain.

I'm not sure what question of mine you're referring to. I don't deem what I consume or utilize to be "inferior" (less entitled to respect/ethical treatment). I'm not superstitious, and I don't believe that a cow is "greater" (or "lesser") than me. I suppose it would help this discussion if you clarified what you meant by "inferior", "greater", etc.

Pgnezza said:
The most severe punishment in the UK is 6 months in prison and the largest fine is £20 000.

Actually, being sentenced over animal cruelty is quite common.

Plenty of cases here were people have got more than six months in combined charges.

passage said:
I once saw a video that I can't post here called "Squishy Kitty". A woman in high heels driving her heals into a baby kitten's stomach and then proceeded to crush the kitten's skull flat as a pancake. I've also seen a cow get put in a shredder, screaming in pain.

I understand that we do some very tragic and disgusting things that to one another. The Eugene Armstrong beheading comes to mind. What hits home about animals is their innocence. They aren't out to cause us harm. How can you look into a baby kitten's eyes then squash it's head, when it hasn't done anything to you.

Terrorists made a choice to saw Eugene Armstrong's head off on film. Osama Bin Laden made a choice to terrorize those poor American's by taking down the World Trade Center. That ******* farmer made a choice to kill a cow in a shredder.

Animals are innocent. We as humans have a habit of moving into an animal's living space, and then have the audacity to call them annoying when they get into our garbage. My point is, we humans make a choice to hurt animals for no good reason then to get a thrill from seeing them suffer at our hand.

Humans choose to cause harm to one another to suit whatever agenda they have. Animals don't. They attack if they are threatened, hungry, or provoked. Not to get their point across, or further their cause like humans.

Poguesy said:
Pgnezza said:

Actually, being sentenced over animal cruelty is quite common.

Plenty of cases here were people have got more than six months in combined charges.

What I said applies to all animal owners under the Animal Welfare Act.

People do get more than this for doing truly horrible things but the amount of people who never get caught or even found out about is very high. Just imagine how many chavs strap animals to fireworks or tie them to bonfires, it's really common now and yet hardly any of the cases are even known about :(

Talking about animal cruelty, whats a Pgnezza? A half Poguesy half Pezza would be a formidable beast but the world is simply not ready for it :p

Sorry, LoneKiller. Americans deserved 911. Their country has never NOT been at war with some other country over wither legitimate reasons or illegitimate, killing millions and millions. 3000 Americans in a well-off city die...oh heavens noes! Such a tragicallicy!
And yes, I hate America. If it were deleted from the face of the earth I think the world would be a better place.

Eugene Armstrong reminds me of the film "Buried" with Ryan Reynolds. You can't be ignorant of the job you're going into when you go into a country that yours just finished bombing the honeysuckle out of to try and rebuild it. There just might be some pissed off people who, oh I dunno - might want to take their anger out on some of the American folks that are wandering around. honeysuckle, if someone came into your house flipped all your honeysuckle up and killed your family I don't think you'd care if the rest of the world thought you were a terrorist for getting revenge on the ******* who did it. You'd try to hurt anyone helping them to steamroll into your country and take it. You don't want to get beheaded - stay the fresia in Michigan. (Also George Carlin said something to this effect)

/rant

On topic, about animal cruelty. I believe that in all seriousness, we in western society place TOO MUCH value on the lives of some animals. Did you know there are pet cemeteries? I didn't know there was anything so pathetic. Sure pets are cool and all but fresia...going to the effort to PAY FOR A FUNERAL and have a **** service for them complete with weeping and hysterics. Jesus mary and joseph.
Meanwhile in China...you can pick which puppy you want out of a cage and they will kill and prepare it fresh for you as a delicacy. Simply because we aren't accustomed to it we deem it cruel.
I think people will most likely consider me heartless, and I probably am. I've not a soul to care for as I've pushed all those who could away because they bored me and could not understand my way of looking at things. They were too busy believing in heaven and UFOs.

TheMaul said:
Oh right, I have a different opinion. How novel and entertaining.
Well, I respect your right to speak your mind, but bashing someone's country might not be prudent. Especially in this forum. The members here aren't very tolerant of that kind of thing is all.

Latest posts

Back