Do you have trouble sleeping?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

luciddisconnect

Just a curious thought here: I'm up a 3:45 AM writing this because my sleep cycle is a mess. A big part of the problem, I think, is that I never want to welcome the new day. Because it offers nothing new. I just wake into the same stale cycle all over again. So I stay awake really late and some days just find myself exhausted. (like tomorrow)

And I wonder, for those of you that know, is it better if you have another body to fall asleep beside. Because it's this kind of comfort that I feel like I'm maybe missing out on the most.

I have sleep troubles. Mostly with depression.

I always toss and turn a fair bit before sleeping, unless I'm outright -tired-, like to exhaustion (say, after a hard day of physical labor...not common since I changed jobs). Comfort has become a fussy thing for me to get hold of.

Some nights I'll have to come lay down on my couch, which logically could be deemed as the exact opposite of comfort. It swallows you, it has very little cushion left to it, especially in the arms. And it's almost only half my body length. But sometimes I have to lay on it to be able to sleep.

Other nights, I barely sleep more than a couple of hours.

Sometimes it's due to an inactive day, sometimes my mind is just racing. Sometimes I'm just really sad or feeling alone. I think that might be why the couch is comfortable for me to sleep on some nights when I have trouble: It's sort of like being embraced, even if by an inanimate object.

Yeah i have sooo much trouble sleeping sometimes, i feel restless and lay awake all night or maybe get an hour, but it doesnt make much difference. Other days im the opposite and want to sleep for ages but more often that not, i cant. I do think if you have someone with you its a big comfort, just laying there in the dark during the early hours of the morning when you know nobody else is around, can be a lonely time.

Yes I do. Partly because I love the relative tranquilty of the night but also due to the unfortunate regularity of my sleep being interrupted by nightmares.

Yes, I've gone through it before.
Yes, due to depression, loneliness, stress, fustrations...etc.
Stress can be a major factor....it's dosn't matter if I was single or with a partner.

If I was sexaully active....I'd definietly wouldn't get any sleep.
If my partner snores...I'd definitley would have a hard time sleeping.
If i was stress from my job or had an argument with my partner...I definitely couldn't sleep.

Yes, the last time i had trouble sleeping was due to depression and my attitude towards life in general.
It feeds on itself. I'd stay for 3-4 days or until my body collapes.
It's sloth or procastinations to the extreem. Yes, i felt exhausted from doing nothing.

The cycle had to be broken. i had to break my routine and make changes.
I was living a messed up life style...I had to change my life style

Any little changes helps...Such as cleaning my living enviornment....clean house.
And of course it took forever for me to clean house. I had to force myself.
I also had to force myself to go outside more often....or not hang out in my bed room.

Excersize helps my depression also...So I started doing that.
Reaching out to other people helps a lot.
Being more aware of my body or what i eat also helps.
Meditations also helps.

To change my attitude towards life...I had to make a gratitude list.
Yes...it took forever for me to write a gratitude list....mmmm I was procastinating that honeysuckle too.lol
Of course i thought my life sucked big ass and there wasn't anything to be grateful for.
Evidently i was depressed..lol My depression is in my fucken head...
I had to break my depression...I HAD TO WRITE. I HAD to DO it.
PUT ALL THE THINGS I HAVE TO BE GREATFUL FOR ON PAPER..so my fucken head will get a fucken different perspective.
CHANGE MY THINKING......CHANGE MY LIFE.
To a cretain degress...i create my own heaven or hell.

I really don't believe that would be a reason for you to not be able to sleep. If everything was the same and you had someone to sleep with do you think that you would be able to sleep well as long as you are with that person? Sometimes relationships can bring more stress than happiness, especially with what I have experienced.

My biological clock is non existent. I stay awake to the point where I end up passing out and almost sleeping in a coma state. The kind where I have to be shaken to be able to wake up from. I just keep on going to the point where I know when I get home I will be able to knock myself out as soon as I lay down. There is no such thing as a sleep pattern in my life at the moment.

DayvanCowboy said:
I really don't believe that would be a reason for you to not be able to sleep. If everything was the same and you had someone to sleep with do you think that you would be able to sleep well as long as you are with that person? Sometimes relationships can bring more stress than happiness, especially with what I have experienced.

Wasn't necessarily connecting A directly to B. Just that most of the married couples that I know seem to fall into the same cycle as one another. I suppose as much out of convenience as anything.

It probably shouldn't surprise me that there are others here with worse sleep issues. Really, it's more going to sleep that I was bitching about. Because the evening is my own time. I can do and think whatever I want to. So even if I'm having a hopelessly dull time, I feel more free at night.

Lonesome crow also reminds me to be less whiney.

I usually end up talking myself out of sleeping if I know I have to get up early for something the next day. When I say 'early', I mean anything before nine a.m. So yes, I have trouble sleeping.

Latest posts

Back