Do you speak foreign languages?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I speak fluent Southern, & I used to speak Midwestern Hick but now I can understand it but don't speak it that well anymore. I know a few Spanish words (I can mostly read it), a few Hebrew words, & I'm learning how to curse in Latin!

ladyforsaken said:
I am learning Dutch. :)

good for you :) Can you suggest any good courses/methods? Have been trying to learn that for a while now…

Chinese. I'm hoping to learn French, Italian and Spanish so I can follow cycling commentary and spew French cycling terms to my brethren on two wheels.

I guess French is also good for wooing the ladies and ordering at higher class restaurants.

I speak 5, 7 if you don't count me often flailing at one and some basic understanding.

I can greet you, tell you goodbye and call you a turtle or a donkey in Spanish. Does that count? Oh....I can ask you if you've had lunch yet also.
Don't ask. lol, long story.

Peaches said:
ladyforsaken said:
I am learning Dutch. :)

good for you :) Can you suggest any good courses/methods? Have been trying to learn that for a while now…

:)
I am actually used a self-learn book called Teach Yourself Complete Dutch. It's pretty good.. in terms of understanding the rules etc. But I've not compared it to any other self-learn books so I don't know if there are any other better ones out there. What do you use?

Apparently I do- I've discovered that potential landlords have a completely different understanding of cost-effective, clean, quiet, private, and habitable than I do. I think I'm going to be in the RV or at least another year as I know it's affordable, clean, quiet, private, and livable....I need to put out a sign saying 'I am The Trailer Trash' or something like that....

WildernessWildChild said:
Apparently I do- I've discovered that potential landlords have a completely different understanding of cost-effective, clean, quiet, private, and habitable than I do. I think I'm going to be in the RV or at least another year as I know it's affordable, clean, quiet, private, and livable....I need to put out a sign saying 'I am The Trailer Trash' or something like that....

Moveable as well.

jaguarundi said:
WildernessWildChild said:

Moveable as well.

True Dat

I work with a guy that sometimes dream in Russian... And he has no clue what he said in his dreams... Apparently, he was adopted & came to U.S. at a very young age... He says he can make out few words here & there but not enough to really hold any type of meaningful conversation... He told me once he was talking to his mom in full blowing Russian & didn't know what the conversation was about when he woke up...

I speak, at various levels of competency, Serbo-Croat, French, German and English. I also have some GCSE-level Italian and disappointingly little Japanese considering how long I was in that country.

English itself is foreign to me. I can also speak Urdu, can communicate with Basic Swedish, now learning German.

Finnish fluently, English almost fluently, some Swedish, also used to study French and Korean.

The lack of motivation now I suppose. And lack of time during the weekdays. Language learning is something you gotta do consistently and daily to master it. I guess once I stopped that consistency, my brain just thinks it's a failure.

I speak English and Urdu (not so fluently) and I'm currently learning Japanese and soon Korean.

Latest posts

Back