Do You Think It's Unethical To Invite Your Dentist To Your Home For Dinner?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi All!

My dentist is a great guy. He's expensive like any other, but once filled a tooth no charge. As a sign of appreciation I want to invite him to dinner, but am not sure if it's some sort of crazy idea. It just feels a little awkward for some reason. Any thoughts?

God Bless.
LK

I would send a token of appreciation. Dinner is a bit too personal for a professional relationship.

What I did to show my Doctor and nurses that I appreciated them in the past,
was to bring freshly picked tomatoes from my garden,
and I went to a bakery as well and got some treats for them. They really liked that a lot! :)

LoneKiller said:
Hi All!

My dentist is a great guy. He's expensive like any other, but once filled a tooth no charge. As a sign of appreciation I want to invite him to dinner, but am not sure if it's some sort of crazy idea. It just feels a little awkward for some reason. Any thoughts?

God Bless.
LK

Nah don't see anything wrong with it really, it's just someone showing their appreciation. It's not like your bribing him or anything.

You think that's weird? My dentist's assistant asked me to go to a protest in Times Square during the whole Gaza bombing thing years ago. Also, when they were doing my root canal, she took out the nerve and showed it to me, telling me it looked tasty.

I may never recover.

flaneur said:
You think that's weird? My dentist's assistant asked me to go to a protest in Times Square during the whole Gaza bombing thing years ago. Also, when they were doing my root canal, she took out the nerve and showed it to me, telling me it looked tasty.

I may never recover.

BEST.DENTIST.STORY.EVER. :D

flaneur said:

I may never recover.

Wow. That's kind of off. :eek:

If you think he's a "great guy" and you like to have dinner with him- invite him! Can't see any problem with that. He's a dentist- not your undertaker!:) Use lots of sugar- that will give him hope for future work to do.

painter said:
LonelyInAtl said:
I would send a token of appreciation. Dinner is a bit too personal for a professional relationship.

Yep agree with this.

I'd agree with this too. Unless you and the dentist get along very well to the point where you can call him a friend or a buddy, then I think dinner would be fine. But if there's still that line that defines him as just your dentist - then there could be a weird feeling. But who knows really, who's to say what's weird lol.

Perhaps get him something to show your appreciation. :)

kamya said:
He. Wants. The. D.

Go for it buddy. =P

Lol kamya. This made me laugh.

flaneur said:

I may never recover.

And this made me laugh - in a sorry kind of way. That's terrible really, sounds almost creepy too.

quintus said:
Use lots of sugar- that will give him hope for future work to do.

LOL :D

bodafuko said:
Will there be a massage after dinner?

Lol I see where you're going with this. :p

LK's a great guy who gives a lot to others but I don't think there'd be any form of massage either from him or on him lol since this is just to show appreciation for the dentist's work. But you know, having said that - I'm usually scared of dentists and what they can do. Maybe I watch too many scary movies. :\

ladyforsaken said:
painter said:
LonelyInAtl said:

Yep agree with this.

I'd agree with this too. Unless you and the dentist get along very well to the point where you can call him a friend or a buddy, then I think dinner would be fine. But if there's still that line that defines him as just your dentist - then there could be a weird feeling. But who knows really, who's to say what's weird lol.

Perhaps get him something to show your appreciation. :)

kamya said:
He. Wants. The. D.

Go for it buddy. =P

Lol kamya. This made me laugh.

flaneur said:

I may never recover.

And this made me laugh - in a sorry kind of way. That's terrible really, sounds almost creepy too.

quintus said:
Use lots of sugar- that will give him hope for future work to do.

LOL :D

bodafuko said:
Will there be a massage after dinner?

Lol I see where you're going with this. :p

LK's a great guy who gives a lot to others but I don't think there'd be any form of massage either from him or on him lol since this is just to show appreciation for the dentist's work. But you know, having said that - I'm usually scared of dentists and what they can do. Maybe I watch too many scary movies. :\
I'd massage him and his entire staff if it meant free tooth implants and case of Sensodyne samples.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with asking him for dinner. The world is too socially paralyzed by thoughts of labels and professions. All that does is separate us. Big deal, he's just a dentist, he puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else. Invite him over, the worst thing he can do is say no.

Latest posts

Back