Doctor in the house...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor180185

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Doctor.

I'll come straight to the point and say that I've joined this forum simply because I am at home literally 24/7 due to a lifestyle problem, and it would help me to meet new people and possibly make new friends or whatever.

The problem I have is basically down to confidence. It's a very long story but the bottom line is I don't go out, I don't see people, I miss out on pretty much everything, and I am missing out on birthdays and other occasions.

I do have friends, quite a lot of them actually, but they have naturally gone on to other things now and I don't see them. I think I should also be honest and say that I've never had a serious girlfriend.

I am 24 years old and I technically live with my parents. I say "technically" because I don't live in the same house as them. I live in a small annex building which is next to our main house. Due to the same problem I find it difficult to see or talk to them. Sometimes I go months without seeing them.

I have been through hell trying to find the right strength to see doctors, etc, but to tell the truth I don't think the "cure" to my problems lie with doctors or psychiatrists. I just think I need to get into a new kind of circle with new people and try to find a way of moving along with my life.

There are a lot of things I want and need. I don't have a job, but I can't tell you how much I want one. I would give anything to work. I am incredibly skillful at many things like computers and writing and film work and editing. My ideal job would be in the film making field. I love anything to do with film.

I don't drive. I would love to be able to drive and go pretty much anywhere at any time without having to deal with train timetables, etc.

I wish I were different. I wish I were interested in football, and clubbing, and dancing, and everything that everyone else seems to be into. But I'm not.

I am into computers, writing, filming, editing, films/movies, musicals.

This is me.

Doctor180185.

Welcome Doctor!

There's nothing wrong with being into computers, writing, filming, editing, films/movies and musicals :)

I'm sure you will find someone here to be friends with!

Welcome there,Doctor.(At first,I thought that your profession was a doctor.)

Same here.I never good or interested at things that people are interested in and I am into things that many of my friends are not interested in.You like film making?Reminds me of one of my friends who is interested in such areas.I dun even know what areas in studies I am interested in.

Hey Doctor :)

Doctor180185 said:
I'll come straight to the point and say that I've joined this forum simply because I am at home literally 24/7 due to a lifestyle problem, and it would help me to meet new people and possibly make new friends or whatever.

The problem I have is basically down to confidence. It's a very long story but the bottom line is I don't go out, I don't see people, I miss out on pretty much everything, and I am missing out on birthdays and other occasions.

Thats me :(

:D Why in the world would you want to be like other people???

Your uniqueness makes you even more valuable as a person!

oh, and welcome to the forum doctor. n_n

Please, make yourself at home.

-Soph

Doctor180185 said:
I am incredibly skillful at many things like computers and writing and film work and editing. My ideal job would be in the film making field. I love anything to do with film.

I wish I were different. I wish I were interested in football, and clubbing, and dancing, and everything that everyone else seems to be into. But I'm not.

Hurrah! your in good company here :D

I'm Lou, welcome to the forum.

Welcome!
I'd also love to have a job in the film industry.
Maybe we should all join forces and take over Hollywood!

Hey Doctor welcome to the forum, I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Hello Doctor and welcome to A Lonely Life. There are a lot of film buffs and students here (including myself). Hopefully you have some fun here.

Take care.

Doctor180185 said:
Hi, I'm Doctor.

I do have friends, quite a lot of them actually, but they have naturally gone on to other things now and I don't see them. I think I should also be honest and say that I've never had a serious girlfriend.

I am 24 years old and I technically live with my parents. I say "technically" because I don't live in the same house as them. I live in a small annex building which is next to our main house. Due to the same problem I find it difficult to see or talk to them. Sometimes I go months without seeing them.

I have been through hell trying to find the right strength to see doctors, etc, but to tell the truth I don't think the "cure" to my problems lie with doctors or psychiatrists. I just think I need to get into a new kind of circle with new people and try to find a way of moving along with my life.

There are a lot of things I want and need. I don't have a job, but I can't tell you how much I want one. I would give anything to work. I am incredibly skillful at many things like computers and writing and film work and editing. My ideal job would be in the film making field. I love anything to do with film.

I don't drive. I would love to be able to drive and go pretty much anywhere at any time without having to deal with train timetables, etc.

This is me.

Doctor180185.

Hi Doctor,

Welcome to the forum. Hope this forum helps you in remove lonely feeling :)

Tell me one thing. I feel that you are unable to tell why actually you are feeling lonely. So what if you can not see parents. You can phone them? and You can also phone any other friend? U are also getting time to talk in this forum. Here also you can not see anyone. Just talk so why not you make call to your parents or friends?

Latest posts

Back