Does anyone else EAT to deal with lonlieness/depression?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sonic_95 said:
I saw CAS's thread on using alcohol to deal with lonlieness, so I thought I'd see if anyone here besides me who eats when they get depressed or lonely.

I was never much into drinking, but I will eat and eat and eat, and have had people tell me that I need to get professional help. Unfortunatly, they are right, I just haven't really had the courage to go and see someone about it.

I have eaten so much that I am now up to 375 pounds, not only is it extremely embarrasing to be this big, but my health is now at risk.

Diabeties runs in my family, and my doctor recently told me if I continue down the road I am on, I'm not that far from getting it.

My family and my co workers are always telling me I need to get on the stick and do something before I die.

I was very glad when the doctor told me he doesn't think I have diabeites yet, so I think I am ready to try and lose some of this weight before I do end up with it. I'd love to be "normal" size again some day.

I did the exact opposite
And went weeks without eating.

hell F'ing no.
in fact im teaching myself to stop eating from bored impulses, and start going jogging, doing pushups, sit ups and what not to counter act lonliness
and its way better than being depressed and kicking myself lower. its the opposite actually, i feel great/ accomplished after!!!

What the hell? I just posted but it didn't come up.

Anyway, I just said that I do it sometimes, but I don't gorge myself on food or anything. I'll do something like open the fridge every 5 mins to stare at it, close it and come away empty handed haha.

I've also found that I can go off eating altogether as other people have said, but I'm on a healthy diet now, because if I don't eat, my blood sugar goes out of wack and I feel like crap.

IT IS ONE OF THE WORST THINGS YOU COULD DO TO YOURSELF!

I have been there, and done that.

My school years were nothing short of a self-esteem ripping, painful, lonely, nightmarish experience. After school, I would drop by the 7-11 near my house, and buy 3-4 chocolate bars. I remember my favourite as the Hershey's Cookies and Cream.

I would go home, and then to my bedroom, where I would binge in front of the computer.
Aside from already having a damaged self-esteem and poor body image, the pounds kept packing on and my sense of self-worth was progressively worsening. This terrible habit continued for quite some time, before I said to myself, "ENOUGH!".

I was tired of making excuses, feeling depressed with my weight, and my health declining. What really helped...strangely enough, was my computer. Before, I had used my computer as a distraction from my pain - I would play online games for hours on end. Now, I started searching up information on eating healthy, and losing weight the right way. Joining forums definitely helped me also - I was in a "safe place" to talk to others in the same situation as me.

Motivation towards positive change is what helped me improve my lifestyle, and burn those pounds that were holding me back. Watch "The Biggest Loser", and search Google for success stories - there are many!

There are so many things that I am able to do now that I wasn't able to do before. I've become more involved in outdoor activities that I previously hid from. I feel (more) comfortable in public places and am have more control over my body.

Loneliness is not a simple "problem"...it cannot be entirely whisked away in moments. It is a long journey, but take it a step at a time and work against it, instead of for it.

Latest posts

Back