Does anyone here feel as though you are younger than you actually are?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete528

Reaction score
I have always felt as though I was younger than my age and I wonder if that may have any influence on finding a partner.

Your mind feels young but does your body feel that way too? thats why i exercise. i work out lol

Yes... but not in a good way. I feel like I'm years behind I where I should be in life. At 30 most of my friends are no married and having or about to have their first baby.

I actually feel older than I am because i am told to be too mature for my age haha. On your subject, Pete, no i don't think it will influence you finding a partner, it may even be an advantage for you, since some girls like the easy-going air of youngsters.

Sometimes I act boyish and immature, but other times I feel old in my ways.

hm.. i think there is something that needs to be defined first...

young = silly/energetic/lively/still up for something new
or
young = immature

there is a huge difference in the two definitions.. and depending on what you mean when you say "younger than you actually are" you will get different answers.

im 27. i feel like im 21, but i act responsibly like im 30. im "young" but im mature.

what do people want in a partner? someone that is still 'young' and fun, but is also 'older' and responsible.

My nickname reflect these kinds of thoughts. I do feel younger than my age, but not in a good way. It's about lacking the experience most people my age have. Like I'd be a 10 year old hanging with 16 year old people, struggling to fit in.

...I also feel old. Having passed most of my opportunities for joy and exciting experiences..

:rolleyes:

lostatsea said:
Yes... but not in a good way. I feel like I'm years behind I where I should be in life. At 30 most of my friends are no married and having or about to have their first baby.

This is precisely where I am in my life.

lostatsea said:

Something like this. It's down to a lack of life experience, feeling perpetually stuck on the starting blocks. When you haven't lived it, friendships, relationships and the like still seem mysterious.

I do in some ways. I'm pretty much in the same position I was in when I was 18 except my parents don't try to tell me anything anymore... That kind of makes me freak out when I think about how old I am now...

It's a real existential sort of feeling, seeing people get married and have children when you've never had a girlfriend or the slightest bit of non-platonic contact with the opposite sex.

rdor said:
It's a real existential sort of feeling, seeing people get married and have children when you've never had a girlfriend or the slightest bit of non-platonic contact with the opposite sex.

This is why I am always wondering what's wrong with me.

I don't just feel younger than I really. but I am actually younger than I really am!

I find what ages people, is partly a lack of expanding or learning. when we stop learning, we stop growing and we begin to decline.
in my generation I find that very few of my peers are into technology, gadgets or exploring anything that is outside of their current realm.
I have always been a tinker. I need to know how stuff works.
when I was around 8yrs old I took my sisters watch apart to see how it worked and I've never stopped taking things apart.
I look at my father in law, and how he never really had hobbies or interests, never concerned himself with new technologies and lived by the code of "if it aint broke, don't fix it"
they come from the era of WW2 and the cold war when knowledge was on "a need to know basis" and if they didn't need to know, they didn't want to know.
and now he is retired, he has no interest in anything. he has NOTHING to do!
he lays around watching tv, going for walks and aging.
since he retired from work his decline has been swift and noticeable.
while my dad is much the opposite. he's more like me and always has some project on the go. although he is the same age as my father in law, he looks a generation younger and acts like it too.
careers and relationships are the center of focus in a middle aged life. but self satisfaction and mastering yourself is what can carry you through your entire life.

Latest posts

Back