Does anyone here feel like a loser?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WildernessWildChild said:
DAMMIT PEOPLE!

It bugs the Hell out of me there are so many here that're so down about themselves. None of us are perfect, many of us see the 'ideal' lives others have that we don't have, we might not have amazing careers or the love of a partner that we never question but WE ALL HAVE POSSIBILITIES. My life ain't perfect and I'm pretty damned lonely but I'm working towards a better one and there's no way I'm gonna find it if I'm down on myself.

I think this thread should be CLOSED and DELETED....

Even worse- the guy who started this thread hasn't been here for about nine months and it's still encouraging negativity....

It’s very hard to appreciate the little things when everyone around you is being successful… Don’t you think?

Hmmm this feeling like a loser thing.. yeah.. every time I have a shitty day or something. But I have been soul searching for a long time and I noticed something. I didn't do many of the things I would like to do, I felt for a long time like I was buried and frozen without moving forward with my life. But I realized my life isn't frozen or bad it just went in a different way, my path is different from what I planned but it's danm good.
Did anyone watch Up? It's just like that, my grand abroad adventure hasn't happened yet but I had a good time and did many different weird things :) Who knows if in this life I'll do the thing I dream about it..but I'll do something. Maybe better..or maybe just weirder... I don't believe on this loser thing - it's a very American way of thinking - and as long as it makes you happy your life shold be lived to the fullest. Maybe your fullest is going to the movies and eating pizza later, I mean not everyone can climb mountains and stuff..can you imagine the crowd? ;)

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
I don't feel like a loser, I just KNOW I'm not attractive to women. That doesn't make me a loser, it only makes me unattractive and single.

I know how you feel on the appearance front, I've never been chatted up and I don't want to offend anyone by trying to chat them up, but there is someone for everyone, at the end of the day its about love and companionship, not looks.

... Oh and ice-cream, there has to be ice-cream :cool:

I don't feel like a loser but I feel more like abandoned, outcast, isolated, too different, too weird, too shy, too quiet, too whiny, too negative... and the circle goes on and on. No matter what I do or what I achieve, still like a ghost. Someone who is not worth of anything.

I can jump on this bandwagon. I really have no talents, I have no prospects, still live with my parents at going on 30 years of age and no friends, no relationship, I feel out of place whenever I'm around any group of other people. Don't feel that life has anything to offer me, but I cannot be allowed to die because it would offend the religious beliefs of others in my society... I could go on and on.

No, I don't really feel like a loser ... more like an alien. I seem to have only superficial similarities to other humans, when it comes down to the nitty-gritty it's always them v me. I want to go back home .. just don't know where that is!

When I was young I felt like a loser, nothing would go right for me. At school I was ignored to the point of been nonexistent, I could of stayed away from school and know one would of missed me. But I suffered from fear so I went to school and sat in the back of the class room and did nothing. It carried through to adult hood and eventual I decided maybe I was not human, for humans did not like me. Maybe I am some kind of creature from out of space. Now even today! I feel I do not belong here on this world. I feel separated and look at everything as if it is a movie been played out before me. Some people think that I think I am superior, because of my aloofness, but that is far from the truth.

In most peoples eyes, I am probably a loser. I fail at many aspects of my life, especially relationships with other humans.
Right now, I have little to no motivation to even improve on any of these personal failures.
Right now, I have little to no motivation to even live... I am not suicidal but I don't really want to live either.

SpaceDreamer said:
When I was young I felt like a loser, nothing would go right for me. At school I was ignored to the point of been nonexistent, I could of stayed away from school and know one would of missed me. But I suffered from fear so I went to school and sat in the back of the class room and did nothing. It carried through to adult hood and eventual I decided maybe I was not human, for humans did not like me. Maybe I am some kind of creature from out of space. Now even today! I feel I do not belong here on this world. I feel separated and look at everything as if it is a movie been played out before me. Some people think that I think I am superior, because of my aloofness, but that is far from the truth.

Same here. Until now people still ignore me. My teacher didn't notice me even when I WAS STANDING IN FRONT OF HER. She got out of the classroom and when she came back she asked me "when did you come here?" With the fact I was there the WHOLE time. I don't have any close friends now. In high school my friends told me that I'm like a ninja. Appearing and disappearing without a trace. But the fact is I'm there, staring at them, where they didn't notice me at all. I got fed up. I left. The next day one of them asked, "when did you leave?" Heck, even my mother ignores me constantly.

All that I'm saying is I don't care at all if people notice me or not. I started thinking that , I'm just a non existent freak, unimportant for them. My mother even took me to a psychiatrist saying that why I'm not like the other kids.

But you know what, I can cope with it with a positive attitude. Where being a freak is better than a normal person.

DAMMIT PEOPLE!

It bugs the Hell out of me there are so many here that're so down about themselves. None of us are perfect, many of us see the 'ideal' lives others have that we don't have, we might not have amazing careers or the love of a partner that we never question but WE ALL HAVE POSSIBILITIES. My life ain't perfect and I'm pretty damned lonely but I'm working towards a better one and there's no way I'm gonna find it if I'm down on myself.

Even worse- the guy who started this thread hasn't been here for about nine months and it's still encouraging negativity....

Bump- especially "I think this thread should be CLOSED and DELETED...."

Seconded... after I tell you all why I am a loser. :)

Here is the thing. I am NOT a loser. If you guys saw my resume you would be thinking I am a bragger. I am not with anyone in a relationship but I have this feeling like I could. The thing is... I never quite allow myself to be a winner.. a winner like the rest of the world sees a winner. I want to be me... and me is someone that most people don't think is a winner. So I will always be at a disadvantage in employment and in popularity. I have some physical challenges that will always make it so I don't look *right* though, I don't look as unright as to be obvious... I always trend toward people that can't help me in employment or career ... I don't want to have 700 facebook friends.. if people are nice to me and they are winners.. typically I run. I kind of don't want to be with anyone because, by and large, they are too much trouble.

So all of these things make me a "loser" and I know it... I know it will cause me challenges and hardships... but I am good with that.

As to the idea of things never going right... my story is this.. after a 14 year period of things not going right... this year, I have had an unparallelled stroke of good luck. Last year I tried something and it was a spectacular failure... and a co worker of mine said, everything happens for a reason. She was right.. had those things not gone wrong, I would not have gotten what i wanted this year... and now.. I wonder...

LonelySutton said:
Seconded... after I tell you all why I am a loser. :)

Grrrrrrr.......
a1g.gif

But you get an 'Atta girl' for your persistence in making things better for you :D

I feel like a loser because i am mentally ill. And it is very bad to the point where i can't work.

but i feel happy so the hell with all of those judgmental people saying im less than human because im not well.

when i was around ten they said i had adhd.
around the age 25 i developed a nervous condition they did not want to call ptsd.
and a few years ago bi polar.

have a great day everybody. :)

johnny196775 said:
I feel like a loser because i am mentally ill. And it is very bad to the point where i can't work.

but i feel happy so the hell with all of those judgmental people saying im less than human because im not well.

around the age 25 i developed a nervous condition they did not want to call ptsd.

You should never feel like you are a loser because of mental illness. Never. It isn't your fault no more than it is my fault for being short.
You aren't a loser, Johnny - or at least not because of that ;)

VeganAtheist said:
johnny196775 said:

You should never feel like you are a loser because of mental illness. Never. It isn't your fault no more than it is my fault for being short.
You aren't a loser, Johnny - or at least not because of that ;)

Thanks. Did i mention i was gay and i am only 5 foot 6. Truth is i am happier than i have ever been before. I do not consider suicide any more and haven't drank since 2008. So i guess i'm okay.

johnny196775 said:
Thanks. Did i mention i was gay and i am only 5 foot 6. Truth is i am happier than i have ever been before. I do not consider suicide any more and haven't drank since 2008. So i guess i'm okay.

No problem being gay. And I am the same height.
I am glad you are so happy! I hope it continues for you!
Sounds like you are more than just "okay". Sounds like you are doing pretty great to me.

SpaceDreamer said:

Feeling unnoticed and blending into the wallpaper is what inspired my username. So I can empathise with how you feel. A good way of describing it is that I find it hard to get on the same 'wavelength' as someone else. I think that I would have the capability to be a kind of background friend in a group, but I'd probably feel even worse about myself knowing that my friends didn't care and barely noticed whether or not I tagged along on the latest group activity.

Latest posts

Back