Does anyone here feel like a winner?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatso

Trannie
Reaction score
If I really felt like a winner would I be using this forum?

Not that I respect society's definition of a winner which is mostly based on bank balance.

If you have no serious addictions, I'd rate you a winner. eg. gambling, on line gaming, smoking, drinking, drugs etcera...oops better be careful not offend here...

I'm not quite a winner in my own eyes really. Will elaborate further if necessary.

I'm quite confident in myself... I know my strenghts and accept my weaknesses. I'm just a nerd with a lack of interests and social skills. That doesn't make life easy for me. However my technical skills are good, I learn fast, once I got into informatics studies I never had any problems. I do have some organisational skills as I managed some small online events in the past.

It is just unfortunate you need "people skills" to be considered succesful in life.

I guess I should feel like a winner, thinking about it. Don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, grade A's at university, no crazy addictions...

But then i wouldnt say that really catagorizes a winner, all of those facts could mearly state than I'm boring, or don't know how to have a good time

I can say I'm addicted to online gaming and I'm also addicted to cigarettes. But I don't feel like a loser at all.

I really enjoy my job and make some decent money out of it, and I am very happy for that.

However I think being a loser/"winner" is a matter of attitude rather than anything else. The winner will strive to succeed in whatever they hold important and the loser will just give up about it.

perfanoff said:
However I think being a loser/"winner" is a matter of attitude rather than anything else. The winner will strive to succeed in whatever they hold important and the loser will just give up about it.

This.

However spending time to ponder if you're a winner or loser, is wasted time in my opinion, can be better spend to make yourself a better person.

I don't like lables such as those, they're all subjective anyway, they have no meaning.

MindsArmor said:
I'm quite confident in myself... I know my strenghts and accept my weaknesses. I'm just a nerd with a lack of interests and social skills. That doesn't make life easy for me. However my technical skills are good, I learn fast, once I got into informatics studies I never had any problems. I do have some organisational skills as I managed some small online events in the past.

It is just unfortunate you need "people skills" to be considered succesful in life.

Yeah people skills seems to be a clincher for most prospective employers.

GioRocket said:
I guess I should feel like a winner, thinking about it. Don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, grade A's at university, no crazy addictions...

But then i wouldnt say that really catagorizes a winner, all of those facts could mearly state than I'm boring, or don't know how to have a good time

But it means you aren't controlled by any addiction. You are in control. Not many people can say that. Just need to find your passion.

perfanoff said:
I can say I'm addicted to online gaming and I'm also addicted to cigarettes. But I don't feel like a loser at all.

I really enjoy my job and make some decent money out of it, and I am very happy for that.

Sorry i don't mean to offend in regard to addictions. I know I'm proud of the fact that I quit smoking and gambling which were essentially ruining my health and making me bankrupt. But now I guess I eat too much. (which is nothing to be proud of)

Rosebolt said:
perfanoff said:

This.

However spending time to ponder if you're a winner or loser, is wasted time in my opinion, can be better spend to make yourself a better person.I don't like lables such as those, they're all subjective anyway, they have no meaning.

Of course I know what you mean.
I merely responded to other thread.."does anyone feel like a loser.."

I think it's at least useful to reflect on the superficial labels being put on us by society in general...and ourselves.
A person who labels himself a "winner" may in fact be delusional or not have a deeper understanding of what constitutes "happiness".
Not having kids for me (at times) makes me feel I was left out of the winner's circle.

isthatso said:
MindsArmor said:

Yeah people skills seems to be a clincher for most prospective employers.

GioRocket said:

But it means you aren't controlled by any addiction. You are in control. Not many people can say that. Just need to find your passion.

perfanoff said:

Sorry i don't mean to offend in regard to addictions. I know I'm proud of the fact that I quit smoking and gambling which were essentially ruining my health and making me bankrupt. But now I guess I eat too much. (which is nothing to be proud of)

Rosebolt said:
perfanoff said:

This.

However spending time to ponder if you're a winner or loser, is wasted time in my opinion, can be better spend to make yourself a better person.I don't like lables such as those, they're all subjective anyway, they have no meaning.

Of course I know what you mean.
I merely responded to other thread.."does anyone feel like a loser.."

I think it's at least useful to reflect on the superficial labels being put on us by society in general...and ourselves.
A person who labels himself a "winner" may in fact be delusional or not have a deeper understanding of what constitutes "happiness".
Not having kids for me (at times) makes me feel I was left out of the winner's circle.

Hey I'm not offended at all :)
Of course these qualities of mine (and on anyone else) are flaws, but that's why we're people, to be beautiful in our imperfections :)

Well said perf....
You've pinpointed one of my major flaws......obsessive perfectionism.....why can't I just relax and be human! :club:

i am good at some things.

Golf, my job, small talk.

I'm useless at DIY and cooking.

I think I'm a funny ****** especially at work. The times today I made people laugh or smile. They leave the shop happy and it's because of me. I'm good with the customers !

In some ways I'd say I'm a winner; I have a loving family that cares for me and I'm in university. In other ways I'd have to say no; I'm shy, haveterrible social skills and no confidence

isthatso said:
Well said perf....
You've pinpointed one of my major flaws......obsessive perfectionism.....why can't I just relax and be human! :club:

^^

Latest posts

Back