Does anyone wish that they didn't have to work?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I see. It's nice that you're able to do what you want to do, and to make your own hours. But I don't think that would work for me, as I don't have a disability that I know of.

Also, "making due with less" is something that I've always been frustrated with and always wanted to escape, and I hope I can find a way out before I either go crazy, and/or give up on life. Our quality of life was never great to begin with - it got a little better in the '90s and probably peaked in the early '00s, but it's been getting increasingly more miserable every year especially as the 2010s wore on to the present.

So it looks like I'm going to have to find some career I can live with, that I hate less than I hate my current lifestyle. Which should be possible to find. I'm just not sure what that is yet. Sometimes I wish I was one of those people that's always known what they want to do, and just does it, and that's it. But I have no idea what that would be for me. Money is important to me, whether I want it to be or not. But so is being an interesting person/having a personality. And all the while I worry that I'm going to be stuck in a shitty quality of life, because I don't have enough ability to do either.

I fully agree with your last three sentences, though.
You could always marry a rich old man.. and take all his money 🤑 Okay okay im joking before I get dragged out of here by my ankles.

You know Ska, I know some guys who dont earn the most but they work from home and they feel like they have the best of both worlds like they travel work play sorta thing, would that lifestyle appeal to you? If I was poor and even though im not I still do this, I'd get into property, I'd find a way... thats the quickest way to gain and retain wealth in my opinion. Just having 1 well managed property can eliminate the need to work. You have to learn all about it though, you cant just jump in with no prior knowledge.... as that can be costly.

A more accurate question would be who WANTS to work, who isn't already rich like a sheikh and doing it just for ishts and giggles?

Latest posts

Back