Does loneliness drive you to do foolish things that you regret?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans

Reaction score
Well, I was just in a group conversation sometime last week and this older guy who's a divorcee was telling us not to do something you'll regret just because you are lonely. Yep.

Have you experienced anything like that? Did your loneliness drove you to do something bad/foolish/stupid/ugly to the point you even lose your self worth?

When I was at my worst...was pretty lonely and desperate for friendship.
Met some guy off Plentyoffreaks and he lied to me and lured me into his vehicle and then drove me to the other end of his city to his home. I reluctantly followed him into his home as I figured; I'm in the middle of nowhere anyway - and he's my friend! Afterall, we talked online for quite a while.
Then he asked me to sneak myself into his bedroom so we could hang out...I thought: "Maybe this is what friends do! I always hear of people hanging out with their friends at their homes! :)". However, it pretty much ended me being pushed onto his bed and him touching me and trying to fresia me for a few hours.
I'm really lucky he didn't rape me.
Never ******* again.

Another time I foolishly thought another young man was my friend. This one I was romantically interested in - he was introduced to me by a good family friend. On paper, he's a stereotypical "nerd boy" and well-liked by everyone.
It was a rainy day and I let him stay over because he traveled so far to visit me on motorcycle. I asked him to stay over because it I was worried for him as it was extremely windy and just pouring and past midnight.
He knocked on my bedroom door...then asked to lie down with me. He then pretty much said he wanted to fresia me.
Because I felt he didn't love me (and he didn't)...I told him I wasn't comfortable and not ready.
That night was the last I ever saw him again. He didn't even want my friendship.
I used to keep thinking...maybe if I didn't have him stay over that night; he would have still kept visiting me many weekends after.
Maybe would have grown to love me...but I wouldn't say it's a big regret now. But the 8 months that I cried every night over him back then...it would have been nice if I could have dragged his friendship a bit longer and not to have tormented myself for so long over him.

I have managed to to keep my "loneliness" at bay and hardly anyone who sees me would think I am lonely.

However, I drinks tons of coffee at work (up to 6 times/day) and I keep inviting people to come for coffees........ I think it's a form of madness (and attention seeking)

People ask me why I drink so much coffee and I usually just make up some BS lies like I was up late last night and need to stay awake with coffee

Not really. I don't do self-destructive things.

Unless I determine that the fleeting pleasure of doing so is worth the price I pay. :p lol

I cant say it was a foolish thing... I isolated myself into a deep depression. It was dark warp place to be. But after that...Ill never go back there again. My mind and body feels the warning signs totay. Its like natural relex. A deep learning experince.

While some people might think it was a bad thing to do. I seriously didnt regret dating and having sex with lots of women and partying my ass off. Better than staring at the 4 walls continplating suiciide or feeling sorry for myself..

The biggest regret I have in my life is not living it. Not loving someone or letting her know I love her cuase i didnt think situations was right.
After her death fucken nothing was right.

There were times in my life when loneliness was what drove me to act out, whether by putting myself in dangerous situations, or simply seeking to burn bridges.

Nowadays, I mostly prefer to be alone. But now anger drives me to desire the worst for myself, though I don't act on those thoughts. I just drink entirely way too much coffee, and chain smoke, pace endlessly, and wish I could just get away from everything.

fortunately, i've never done anything foolish because of my loneliness.

i'm quite comfortable being lonely. i've learned to live with it, and it's not so bad. sure, i have friends and i'll occasionally go out on a date or whatever, but by the next day, i'm back to being alone and lonely. i don't think i can even thik of a single time when i came close to doing something foolish. i'm very sure and confident of myself, so i don't think i'd ever do something foolish because of my loneliness.

Latest posts

Back