Don't know what to do.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
I haven't posted on here for a while, but, once again, I'm finding myself sitting in my darkened room, drinking and brooding. My life is so utterly pointless and empty. On top of this I've got family problems at the moment too. I've not quite hit rock bottom yet, but I'm not far off.

Don't even know why I'm bothering to write this, but I'll probably go crazy if I don't.

Regards.

Unacceptance said:
Van Hooligan said:
Unacceptance said:
Stop drinking.

sometimes i think it's scary that you're a 999/911 operator

And you would suggest what... that he keep drinking?

no point stopping something you enjoy doing, if he enjoys drinking let him drink but i'd say cut back and learn to drink responsibly.

nothing wrong with a little srict with stuffz :3

Van Hooligan said:
Unacceptance said:
Van Hooligan said:
Unacceptance said:
Stop drinking.

sometimes i think it's scary that you're a 999/911 operator

And you would suggest what... that he keep drinking?

no point stopping something you enjoy doing, if he enjoys drinking let him drink but i'd say cut back and learn to drink responsibly.

nothing wrong with a little srict with stuffz :3

You aren't listening to what he is saying. He is in his room alone, brooding and saying things that border on suicidal, it's not healthy. And it's not responsible. I never said he should stop drinking forever, just to stop drinking right now, I see the result of this sort of behavior on a daily basis and it doesn't lead anywhere good.

Van Hooligan said:
well i can't assume all that off just 'stop drinking'

and i never got onto the other factors thats in his problems but i'm sure someone else could give him better advice then i'd give him...i was just saying lol

I was just giving a suggestion based off the title of this thread.

I'm not qualified to give counseling, but I think common sense would dictate that what he is currently doing is probably statistically not going to end well.

CAS,
I'm often in a similar situation, and definitely in a helluva mess wrt family problems right now.

See a counsellor immediately - tomorrow! Sorting things out will get you started on how to resolve things. Doing that yourself is usually impossible when things get really muddled.
Sitting in your room drinking and ruminating won't go far to solve any problems.

olg

Unacceptance said:
Stop drinking.

x2 on this.

You are going to make things much worse for yourself and you will NEVER EVER feel better by drinking the pain away. Especially if you even think a sliver of a thought that it does you some good you are going to just end up hurting yourself even more.

Get a clear mind on things now. Drinking is just one of the many things you can do to try and numb it, but if you really want to feel better you really should stop.

Please take care of yourself.

Latest posts

Back