Drawings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually making it was pretty easy, imagining it was harder. I've been experimenting for days and this is what I eventually made. I think it kind of looks like a wound if you squeeze your eyes together. I wanted it to look a bit like the skin of a tree.

I was going to say...or what I was thinking at least...that looks like a tree!

Well it's a good thing that different people see different things in it because that was my goal :).

Thanks for the feedback. I have to show my portfolio at the most renowned/best art school in my country (the Gerrit Rietveld Academy), if they think I'm talented enough I'll make it to the next round. I'm pretty nervous because only the best make it. I'm already admitted to another art school but I prefer this one, so I hope I'll be admitted :)

Good luck aspalas. So far, I think your work is amazing. I'll wish for the best for you and hope you'll get a spot in the academy!

I'm not admitted :(. The woman I talked to thought I was very talented but I needed more experience and diversity. I didn't really expect to be admitted because almost all people who are admitted already have a degree in arts or have done preparatory courses. I'm still happy I'm admitted at the other school, I felt much more at home there (and it's also one of the best schools in my country, and one of the biggest in Europe).

Aww I'm sorry to hear about that. But hey, like you said, you're happy to be at the other school and as long as you're happy and satisfied, that's good enough. :)

Made it trough round 1 at the Royal Academy of Art in The Hague today. They gave me some tips and "assignments" (not really assignments, but they encouraged me to try some things), and in July I'll have to come back with new work and if they are pleased I'll be admitted. Everyone was really nice and it's a gorgeous school, so if I'll be admitted I'll definitely go there. I had to wait for a while so I got a chance to talk to some really nice students and other people who had to show their work.

aspalas said:
Made it trough round 1 at the Royal Academy of Art in The Hague today. They gave me some tips and "assignments" (not really assignments, but they encouraged me to try some things), and in July I'll have to come back with new work and if they are pleased I'll be admitted. Everyone was really nice and it's a gorgeous school, so if I'll be admitted I'll definitely go there. I had to wait for a while so I got a chance to talk to some really nice students and other people who had to show their work.

Good luck to you, man. I hope you get admitted. I saw one of your paintings and it was very nice.

Thanks.

I'm planning to make new sketches, paintings, etc. every day to improve my chance of being admitted. The guy who judged my work said I was talented but he also told me to make much, much more artworks in all disciplines (paintings, drawings, sketches, 3D artworks, photographs, etc.). I only took some photographs, a couple of sketches and some paintings. I'm planning to do a couple of realistic paintings with different kinds of paint (I usually use Acryl, but I also have oil), many, many sketches and drawings with different materials (chalk, charcoal, etc), make some 3D stuff (maybe carve a stone or something). He also told me to focus on more realistic stuff, so they could see how I interpret objects, landscapes, etc. I usually make abstract artwork (which was really nice, he said, one of the reasons he let me pass) but I have to show all aspects of my creativity.

I have about 3 months to do this, so I'll just spend a couple of hours a day on art.

Mr Artsy Fartsy! Good luck with your work, aspalas. I'm sure you'll do amazing variety of artwork as required. Show us some when you have any!

Just sketched Stalin, Kim Jung Un and Fidel Castro (well, sketched Stalin yesterday but I did the last 2 today). The photo is made with my phone so the quality isn't really good, I think they look a lot better in real life. I'll upload some higher quality pic's of these and some other sketches I've made in the past week tomorrow :).

I really had a hard job getting Stalin right. It was the first portrait I've made in months and the first time I used charcoal in about half a year, I messed it up about 10 times but I'm pretty satisfied with the final draft. All sketches took me about 15 minutes, but with the failures I think Stalin took me about an hour, Kim Jung Un half an hour, and I got castro right the first time so that was just 15 to 20 minutes :).

Attachments

• IMG_20130317_212039_1.jpg
    IMG_20130317_212039_1.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 20

E:

Here are 3 sketches I've made today for an assignment at another art school. I have to make a painting of a person in a natural enviroment, so I figured I should begin sketching people and a natural enviroment. I want to combine the girl and the landscape I sketched. I especially like the sketch of the girl, apart from the fact that it didn't fit, but the lines are really rough but the total picture looks very realistic IMO. She's wearing a raincoat btw.

http://imageshack.us/a/img547/427/dsc0242hy.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/3039/dsc0243xc.jpg

IMG_7615_zpse1e9c469.jpg

Oil Pastels

Aspalas! Both sketches are so beautiful and moving.

Okiedokes, I am always awed by your art work!

Latest posts

Back