Dunno what to do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warmblanket

Reaction score
I'm trying to complete a degree, but I'm failing to complete work, even though I can, I was looking for some advice. I've worked so hard, and only have a few weeks left.

Sometimes I feel I'd rather kill myself, than not complete it again for the third time...looking for an easy way out cos it been so hard

There are no easy routes to success.

Look at me. I've fought and clawed to get where I am, and after a rocky 2 years I'm just a part-time ambulance guy. But it's my foot in the door. Or my buddy Jeremy, who runs a brush clearing business. He fights for it every day and it takes it's toll. Or simply look at other college students, the hours and hours we/they spend studying to pass the difficult subjects and prepare for tests. If it were easy, everyone would do it, and the bar would just be raised to another higher tier and referred to as 'success'. I cried through 30% of the work required for my last math class. It was ******* misery; I'm not a math guy. But I did it anyway because I had to. I cried from anxiety and fear when I first became a firefighter and found out how social you really have to be, just to function as part of the team. If I can plow through that crap and turn it in to success; if Jeremy can fight through muscle pain and swarms of bees to run his business every day, then I think you can probably do a couple weeks of book work (and probably find out what you really are capable of).

You're a few weeks away. You say you 'can' complete work, but you're failing to? That sounds like you're setting yourself up to fail, if I'm reading your statement properly. Stop being your own barricade. Fire up the steam engine of diligence and work, and make a power charge down the rails of success. You've only got a few weeks. Just buckle down and do it. If you feel like you have it hard, if you feel like you're disadvantaged somehow or like you're at the bottom of the ladder and the top is in the clouds, take a look below you. Look at the drug addicts and the people trapping themselves in dead end lives. Look at the people so depraved that they scheme to have more kids or stretch out injuries to collect welfare to scrape by. Look at the slums and the thugs that live there, never admitting that they could be any better.

That's the bottom of the ladder, my friend. You and I, we're in the middle. It's from here that we make our choice to go up or to go down. So you've tried three times and failed. I failed my driver's test twice! Do it this time. Make this the last time; don't ******* throw it away.

Try going for a run or doing some plyometrics for exercise, if you don't have an exercise program. Sometimes that helps me get motivated to do something. Gets the blood moving. You don't have much time; you simply have to do it.

v46uk1.jpg

Don't forget how bad you want this, how long and how hard you've been working for this!
Nothing comes easy in life.

You only have a few weeks left and you'll be done.
Don't give up.

Back when I was in college, I was so close to dropping out after I failed one of my classes, I had to retake it, it was coding PHP and I had to redo the same project over a month. It was complete hell on my mind, especially after having 8 months of coding behind me, I was completely fried and I wanted to die because I couldn't handle anything.

I gave it my all, stayed up for days one end, literally going 72 hours staright, coding almost 30 pages of content which I was terrible at. I ended up passing the class with a 71, 4 months later I had a bachelor's degree and I felt accomplished and amazing and strong.

Remember, your strength and patience now will pay off in the long run, you just have to know that!

As Rob Schneider would say it, "You can doooo eet!!"

If you keep giving up, you'll be even more unhappy with it than if you were to keep trying. It's not failure until you admit defeat.

warmblanket said:
...looking for an easy way out cos it been so hard

We never celebrate the easy outs, it's those hard-fought battles which end up being the most meaningful.

If you quit now, I can pretty much guarantee that you will regret it for the rest of your life especially since you are so close to finishing.

Ask yourself why you are not completing your work?

Is it because it is too hard? - Get a tutor, talk to your professors, do something proactive.

Is it because you fear the next step, the great unknown after you get your degree? - Welcome to the club. It is a scary place out there particularly in the current economic climate, but closing your eyes, curling up and trying not to see what's coming your way won't change the fact that it will still bear down on you like a freight train.

I know I sound like my dad when I say this, but now is the time to grit your teeth, put your head down and finish that last quarter mile. You can do it. :)

feeling really suicidal today...getting really dizzy when walking, keep bumping into things, and finding it hard to lift myself like my arms and legs, passing a discharge all the time...could be infection? my heart pounding, and feel like im gonna collapse from my chest...dont have anyone to call so came here...

is it just anxiety? panic attack? cos im starting to feel weak with anxiety in my chest

Latest posts

Back