emptiness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lexicon Devil

does anyone else feel so empty and emotionally dead that they don't care what happens to them?

i feel so empty that if i was diagnosed with some deadly disease now that would mean id drop dead tomorrow, i'd feel nothing, i wouldn't care, and in fact would see it as a relief.

is it normal to feel like that?

It's "normal" under certain circumstances. I think most people feel like that during some part of their life.

I feel like that when i've been taking lots of mental beatings. I'm sensitive, and maybe You are too? It's our minds trying to protect us from our troubles by forcing us to not feel, not remember. Are You forgetful too? I sure am. Horribly.

The old saying still goes; what's the point of living if You can't feel alive? Our minds seem to work that way.

Health is something that apples to body, mind, heart, and soul. Fat and Muscle are things that apply to them too.

So you feel like a slothful fat unemotional zombie? Well how often do you feel any way about anything? Is there anything even worth caring about deeply to you? Whether its love, sorrow, laughter, despair, all the emotions feed off one another going back and forth between the positive and negative increasing with intensity each time.

Its pitiful though, because the whole advantage of being human vs being a robot is being able to feel.

Now I can no more tell you how to get in shape on the inside then I can easily learn how to get in shape on the outside. My sun and moon signs are air and water so the inside comes easily while the outside doesn't.

So in a way we're not so very different.

Catharsis said:
Health is something that apples to body, mind, heart, and soul. Fat and Muscle are things that apply to them too.

So you feel like a slothful fat unemotional zombie? Well how often do you feel any way about anything? Is there anything even worth caring about deeply to you? Whether its love, sorrow, laughter, despair, all the emotions feed off one another going back and forth between the positive and negative increasing with intensity each time.

Its pitiful though, because the whole advantage of being human vs being a robot is being able to feel.

Now I can no more tell you how to get in shape on the inside then I can easily learn how to get in shape on the outside. My sun and moon signs are air and water so the inside comes easily while the outside doesn't.

no i don't feel slothful at all, i work my ass off everyday like a drone, to make money which i never see because of debts. I've seen so much cruelty, misery and despair in this world that i feel sick just being human. we're pretty much disgusting vile creatures who've done nothing but destroy this beautiful planet of ours.

There was one person that i cared deeply about, but then i realised he was cold, self obsessed and just as screwed up as everyone else.

i think we are very different, you have hope where as i don't for starters.

stella said:
no i don't feel slothful at all, i work my ass off everyday like a drone, to make money which i never see because of debts. I've seen so much cruelty, misery and despair in this world that i feel sick just being human. we're pretty much disgusting vile creatures who've done nothing but destroy this beautiful planet of ours.

There was one person that i cared deeply about, but then i realised he was cold, self obsessed and just as screwed up as everyone else.

i think we are very different, you have hope where as i don't for starters.

I didn't mean you were slothful per say, I was talking about the emptiness.

And I agree with everything you said.

You also have more hope then me, because it depresses me so much I can barely muster enough strength to work my ass off for anything. I suspect if you felt things deeply like me you'd have a hard time being a drone.

My motivation lies in doing things for others, if its just me I could care less. Unfortunately everyone is supposed to be out for themselves.

Oh yeah you mentioned debt. This is going to piss you off but read every article here: http://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspot.com/2006/02/asking-vampires-to-donate-blood.html
Asking vampires to donate blood.

You say you don't care until you are diagnosed and spend money on healthcae while your body whithers away painfully.

Unacceptance said:
You say you don't care until you are diagnosed and spend money on healthcae while your body whithers away painfully.

No matter how bad it seems it can always get worse. So true.

I'm sorry that you're hurting Stella.

Yeah it's normal giving circumstance.
Your mind and body is going into protection mode actaully.
It's trying to protect itself becuase your current situation is too overwhelming for you.
Burn out....or close to a breakdown or a shutdown.

You know...like that song "NUMB" by linkinpark

Though it's not too healthy, it feeds on itself and pick up momentum.

I recently went through something similar...I guess.
I lost someone I love ever much. I thought everything was piontless for a long while.
Then i constantly got reinforced with negative images or the news on TV to couple with what
i was going through.
So yeah...i felt the world was going to hell in a hand bag.

yeah...hope ? wtf is that ?
So yeah...I sort of gave up on everything and let myself go.....not good, not good at all.
I've gone through something similar in the past. I knew I'd eventaully come out of it.
This last time ..it took me into some crazy, dark, sick place. It took a lot longer for
me to snap out of it becuase I was isolating myself....I bascailly dug myself a big ass hole.
It's a bottomless pit...you can go as deep as you wanna go.
Eventually i hit sometype of bottom...I got sick and tired living in my own honeysuckle ,so i started reaching out
and started climbing out of the **** rut.

I'm a guy...i even went and bought some flowers...to remind me life is still beautiful.
I also like to spend time in natural...away from people for a while. I find nature healing for me.
That's what I try to do now..is surround myself with beauty or positive things in life.

I like hard rock or heavy metal music...but i even started listening
to more clamer and softer music. Something like new age music.
No words....for a while. Love songs with words triggers too
many emotions for me for a while.

You don't have to hit that deep ass bottom as I did.
You can sort of let this be your bottom.
Some people say..it's like the bottom came up and hitted you.

I hope I never let myself get like that again.
Yes, life is unfair but I'm my own worst enemy.
yeah...loving myself is a challege...giving a honeysuckle or caring about myself is even harder.

Please keep reaching out. Keep trying even though it all seem worhtless at the moment.

I'm sorry you're going through this.

Catharsis said:

errr....if you need help pulling your foot out of your mouth, please let me know.

EveWasFramed said:
errr....if you need help pulling your foot out of your mouth, please let me know.

And replace it with yours? lol

lol whats wrong with what I said. its true. If you don't keep learning things the mind becomes dull. If you don't keep feeling things the heart becomes dull and when you do these things more often you get good at it.

Catharsis said:
EveWasFramed said:

lol whats wrong with what I said. its true. If you don't keep learning things the mind becomes dull. If you don't keep feeling things the heart becomes dull and when you do these things more often you get good at it.

I'd be quite happy to put my foot in your ass, uhhh...I mean mouth after you pull your own out, Catharsis. :D I wasn't agreeing nor disagreeing with whatever point you were making, dear. It was your choice of words -
"So you feel like a slothful fat unemotional zombie?"
Now she didnt say she felt like a slothful, fat, unemotional zombie, now did she? *scrolls down to read Sleep's post again*
Nope, not a slothful fat zombie mentioned any place in her post. :p lol

Catharsis said:
EveWasFramed said:

Well it gets dull and old real quick when you attack someone
or be critical of people.
I can appriciate keeping an openmind but ya know some
of the stuff is old. It's sort of like your attacking her
intelligents.

Anyway, there you go again talking about relationships
when you havn't experince one.
Or i can write it another way....You lack experince
and compassion. How would you know ?
You simply don't know...it's not a myth dude.

WTF...didn't they teach you anything or didn't you learned anything in bible studies ?
okay...so you might know the bible like the back of your hand. But you simply don't apply it.
Don't you at least have one of those "What would JC do" rubber band on your wrist ?
Snaping it before you open you trash hole....
It's sort of retarded....it's like knowing calculest and working at Jack in th Box.
Now...chew on that for a while...and learn something..lmao

You don't have to attack her. Just to be so god **** right.
What's right for you might not be right for others.

Okay, point taken. Go ahead and punish me. :cool:

I really didn't mean it to be insulting. It was supposed to be the fatness and zombieness of feeling dead inside lol, but that just came out wrong and you're right I shouldn't have said.

Words are words and symbols and symbols.

Besdies, Anger is an emotion too. There is an equal and opposite reaction for every action so were I try helping someone who is truly completely dead inside I might try to provoke any emotion at all. Once some emotion is provoked its likely to lead to others.

To me anything is better then emptiness.

Also, I'm sorry if I don't have an authority to speak, and if I'm not welcome I won't, but I would prefer you debate the theory or concept. I don't mean to be insulting and I'm not saying I'm better then anyone else. Quite the opposite. I was trying to help in my own way and so that someone could look at things in a different way. Do not insult the power of our imaginations.

I didn't even bring up relationships in this thread so its completely ridiculous for you to use it against me here. I have had many relationships, they just didn't get to the point of complete intercourse

Catharsis said:

I really didn't mean it to be insulting. It was supposed to be the fatness and zombieness of feeling dead inside lol, but that just came out wrong and you're right I shouldn't have said.

Besdies, Anger is an emotion too. There is an equal and opposite reaction for every action so were I try helping someone who is truly completely dead inside I might try to provoke any emotion at all. Once some emotion is provoked its likely to lead to others.

Also, I'm sorry if I don't have an authority to speak, and if I'm not welcome I won't, but I would prefer you debate the theory or concept. I don't mean to be insulting and I'm not saying I'm better then anyone else. Quite the opposite. I was trying to help in my own way and so that someone could look at things in a different way. Do not insult the power of our imaginations.

I didn't even bring up relationships in this thread so its completely ridiculous for you to use it against me here. I have had many relationships, they just didn't get to the point of complete intercourse

it's alrigth dude...I'm sorry too.
Maybe change some wordings around.
Or start your own threads if you want to go into a debate and exchange ideas or concepts.

I'm sorry stella.

Lonesome Crow said:
Catharsis said:

it's alrigth dude...I'm sorry too.
Maybe change some wordings around.
Or start your own threads if you want to go into a debate and exchange ideas or concepts.

I'm sorry stella.

I'm sorry but if i'm not correct people here are allowed to express there own beliefs and statements. How someone preceives them is not the writers fault. Also, when reading threads things shouldn't be taken so seriously either. Lonesome Crow if i said i believe you need to cool it on how serious you take things you would find what I said to be offensive however I'm actually being as sincere as possible there are just somethings that are said that aren't actually ment in the tone someone preceives them as... please lets not try to attack anyones views. Even you find them ludacris.

stella said:
does anyone else feel so empty and emotionally dead that they don't care what happens to them?

i feel so empty that if i was diagnosed with some deadly disease now that would mean id drop dead tomorrow, i'd feel nothing, i wouldn't care, and in fact would see it as a relief.

is it normal to feel like that?

I think there’s really no ‘normal or not-normal’ (I refuse to say abnormal…lol!) issues when dealing with emptiness…

Every once in a while, people do experience certain amount of emptiness inside them…some tend to keep it to themselves, but some people voices it out…

I believe it’s even healthier if one can express how empty he or she was inside…

Everything’s just a phase we have to surpass.

i hope you'll be okay in time.

I can't stand the emptiness. I like to be inspired about things, even if its just adventures in my head. A creative outlet does wonders.

haha i feel that all the time.... but no seriously...don't do that to yourself...why hate your life when you are alive? Instead live it...maybe you can start by appreciating the little things around you....like how delicious your food taste when you are hungry, how especially sweet water taste when you are thirsty. Start appreciating from small things and move progressively to bigger issues like some one talked to you today and you should be happy because not everyone gets chatted up. =)

Latest posts

Back