emptiness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread made me think of a song....

[youtube]tkJNyQfAprY[/youtube]

I hope things look up soon Stella.

Unacceptance said:
You say you don't care until you are diagnosed and spend money on healthcae while your body whithers away painfully.

i get free health care here in the uk that you very much ;)

Lonesome Crow said:
I'm sorry that you're hurting Stella.

Yeah it's normal giving circumstance.
Your mind and body is going into protection mode actaully.
It's trying to protect itself becuase your current situation is too overwhelming for you.
Burn out....or close to a breakdown or a shutdown.

thanks for that comment, i never thought of it that way before, i mean i never questioned why i've been feeling emptier and emptier. Perhaps it is my mind and body going into protection mode. perhaps my situation is too overwhelming for me, i just don't know how to get out of it, especially with the credit crisis at the moment, changing my job isn't going to be easy. but i guess were all in the same boat, and none of us can like having to get up and having to go to work for a money grabbing boss that we never see.

stella said:
does anyone else feel so empty and emotionally dead that they don't care what happens to them?

i feel so empty that if i was diagnosed with some deadly disease now that would mean id drop dead tomorrow, i'd feel nothing, i wouldn't care, and in fact would see it as a relief.

is it normal to feel like that?

I feel like that sometimes but i know i should'nt and you should'nt either. I just keep thinking it will get better, cheer up :)

stella said:
does anyone else feel so empty and emotionally dead that they don't care what happens to them?

Yeppers, right this very second. Emotionally dead for me i'm done feeling anymore. Feeling has just left me so scratched up and bruised on the inside. I don't think I can take giving or feeling emotion anymore. I think someone has tugged on heart for too long now that i just want to give it all up...hm emotionally dead...it just might be how things have to end up.

stella said:
Unacceptance said:
You say you don't care until you are diagnosed and spend money on healthcae while your body whithers away painfully.

i get free health care here in the uk that you very much ;)

SO then your body painfully withering away is fine then?

I think modern life really helped people feel lonely, i mean think about it. In most of the world we have an expectation to go to school, learn to read write, get a job, get married, have children, work until retirement, then die.

All the while we're told to avoid strangers, keep to yourself and take care of #1.

My first job was at papa murphy's (pizza place) and we were told that if we were to be robbed and the police came, to deny them access to the store until a manager came, not to tell them how much money was taken, or give them our names unless someone was hurt. Not tell the police everything? why not?

We're also in a society where we have to worry about crazies, im a little glad i was born a guy because i dont have to be constantly reminded about sex predators and stuff but anyways im getting off topic here : /

Point being almost everyone is living a stale life and its hard for me at least to see what is there really worth living for sometimes. Im getting tired of being told what to worry about, what i have to plan for in life when all i see after doing what everyone else is doing is pretty empty : /

aww now ive done and made myself sad :(

stella said:

i feel so empty that if i was diagnosed with some deadly disease now that would mean id drop dead tomorrow, i'd feel nothing, i wouldn't care, and in fact would see it as a relief.

is it normal to feel like that?

I don't feel emotionally dead, I wish I did........but I, like you ,wouldn't be bothered if I contracted a terminal illness.

I don't think it's normal either, but when life is one long depressing nightmare it does seem like a nice easy "out".

People keep saying "chin up, things will get better".

Well I've waited over 18 months and things are still crap with no likelihood of improvement.

So I'm with you Stella

Latest posts

Back