End of ze vorld!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ punisher: ty :)
@ spare: godamnit man! theres still a chance!!! :'(
@ evsfan: you suggested probably the sexiest way to die
@ haven: if this situation develops i'm becoming a traitor and i call being pyramid-head
@ nyktimos: yeah but malaria is smelly, therefore not worthy of killing us

Brian said:
2012! 2012! Apocalypse in 2012!

11:11 a.m on 12-21-2012

I am a 2012'er....I am placing my bet on that.....and all the mormons will be heading my way to the massive limestone caves in Missouri that are stockpiled with all that will be needed to survive....atleast for awhile.......

Brian said:
I'm actually hoping for a zombie epidemic. Fast ones, like in 28 Days Later. Because I think I could make it.

And then I'll find one other survivor, a girl, and we'll band together for survival, the last two humans in existence. And maybe we'd fall in love.

:(
Just three more years...

It'd be a right bugger if the one last human woman was someone really unlovable. Imagine if it was Paris Hilton or someone like that.

Nyktimos said:
Brian said:
I'm actually hoping for a zombie epidemic. Fast ones, like in 28 Days Later. Because I think I could make it.

And then I'll find one other survivor, a girl, and we'll band together for survival, the last two humans in existence. And maybe we'd fall in love.

:(
Just three more years...

It'd be a right bugger if the one last human woman was someone really unlovable. Imagine if it was Paris Hilton or someone like that.

Paris hilton's a girl?!

...I wouldn't even touch her...and its me :S

What about the outbreak in Raccoon city people were getting infected by the t-virus you get it by people or animals bitting you google it

lol you silly head,
raccoon city and the t virus is from a video game called resident evil (you already knew that) :p

i beat the 5th one last night sweet go me :p

hm sexiest way to die
Yesh *fist pumps* go me :)
thanks van

ya i've been reading into the 2012 a lot too i think there's a thread on this forum somewhere from like 07
well by then i'll be 21 so i expect i'll just get wasted
and maybe throw in a couple of volunteer hours, hope that'l be enough to get me into heaven

Nyktimos said:

Well that'd be fine. Because then I would soon be the -only- last person on earth, and I could live happily despite my solitude because I finally got to kill Paris Hilton. :cool:

And I'd mount her mummified skull on a tall oaken staff, and perform dark rituals every night, and become immortal for my sacrifice to the Dark Ones. >_>

Freya said:
Hay...whats your Zombie plan?

My zombie plan, Freya, is somewhat contingent upon my furthered employment because I still need to stock up on some things. But it starts with a stockpile of MREs and water tablets, and several weapons: A hip-sling shotgun, a full-auto AR-15, backup pistol, and as many molotov cocktails as I can carry. Also, a steel baseball bat. I believe this to be the most effective against the zombie menace. I would divide my supplies in to four stores: Here in my house, in an emergency pack, in my vehicle, and on the roof of the adjacent fire station which we will get to. Unique to my house would mostly be food...and on the roof, food and ammo and a length of extra rope. My car would have food, ammo, fuel, a small tent and some other things, and my pack would have all needed survival supplies so that it's always with me. I would have a duplicate pack also in my vehicle.

My appartment is second story and the only entrance is on my deck, at the top of a flight of stairs. I plan to hide out here as long as possible, in stealth and secrecy, with the stairs completely filled with debris and junk and boarded off at the top, and then the two front windows boarded up. The door will be left unboarded, but I will have a four-beam drop bar system in place to secure it so I can still get outside if I need to.

I have a good vantage point from the deck to fight from, in addition to easy roof access, so if the zombies find me out I can fight them off from a safe distance. I think I could even manage to fight them back somewhat if they got through my barricades. From here it depends on the level of sentient intelligence they retain; do they acknowledge -what- a house is, and determine a reason to enter it? Or do they only react to evident signs of life, such as movement or a sound? Luckily my area has a low-moderate population density; so I think I'll have time to make these observations.

If I'm over-run, I'll have an emergency pack ready to leave asap with food, basic survival gear, clothing etc. I have two options: From my roof I can make it to the stupid tree in my yard, whose branches overhang the fire station which is a flat roof with no other access. Easily defensible, and I could probably flee to other roofs from there with a rope and grappling hook. So now I'm on the rooftops, and can disappear.

Other than that, I would have my car fully stocked with additional supplies and ammo, extra gas cans, and a jerry can of diesel to help make more molotovs. I estimate I could be to my car in the span of six seconds; it's right at the sidewalk, and I could exit a bedroom window and slide down the roof outside and be within fifteen feet of it. I think I'll have some noisemakers set up down the street and in my back yard that I could trip either by pull-string or remote; hopefully this will distract the horde, and I can throw a couple of molotovs in the street to the north to create a partial barrier to additional hordes while I get in my vehicle and haul balls.

In this situation I could flee in to the mountains, or head further north to Priest Lake; it's highly probable that they would not be infected, although it depends on the time of year as they are a tourist hotspot. At any rate, they have an even lower population density than we do here, and since there is only one road to get there (not counting bike trails, which are a minimal consideration), and almost impassable terrain besides that, I think if I went there and showed I could contribute, we could form a significant defensible zone there. I'm a good worker, I can shoot, and I do possess some emergency medical knowledge and supplies...so hopefully they would accept me.

I could also sneak back in to Priest River at night and steal a plane if I wanted...we have several small aircraft at our airport here, as long as the owners haven't already taken them. My parents also have a home located in a remote area, which is just off the highway to Priest Lake; I would probably check in there and evaluate their precautions. Somehow I get the impression that they haven't thought this out, but they do have significant stocks of survival supplies. If they are ill-prepared I could grab my little sister and take her with me; if they're all zombified, god forbid, I would evaluate the feasibility of clearing the premises and possibly taking some supplies. I don't think I would stay there...there's only one way out by vehicle, and it's too much for one man to defend.

So that's my plan. I'd essentially try to wait out the infection and keep an ear on the radio frequencies. If somehow they are not dying off (which I don't anticipate), then I am lucky enough to live in an area chock full of gun owners for additional ammo and there are plenty of sources of fuel for my vehicle. I actually think there's a good chance of there being other survivors here; I would have to evaluate the possibility of banding together or staying secluded from them, because it's possible they would eventually want to steal my supplies, or even kill me and each other if rations started running low.

Brian said:
Nyktimos said:

Well that'd be fine. Because then I would soon be the -only- last person on earth, and I could live happily despite my solitude because I finally got to kill Paris Hilton. :cool:

And I'd mount her mummified skull on a tall oaken staff, and perform dark rituals every night, and become immortal for my sacrifice to the Dark Ones. >_>

Freya said:
Hay...whats your Zombie plan?

My zombie plan, Freya, is somewhat contingent upon my furthered employment because I still need to stock up on some things. But it starts with a stockpile of MREs and water tablets, and several weapons: A hip-sling shotgun, a full-auto AR-15, backup pistol, and as many molotov cocktails as I can carry. Also, a steel baseball bat. I believe this to be the most effective against the zombie menace. I would divide my supplies in to four stores: Here in my house, in an emergency pack, in my vehicle, and on the roof of the adjacent fire station which we will get to. Unique to my house would mostly be food...and on the roof, food and ammo and a length of extra rope. My car would have food, ammo, fuel, a small tent and some other things, and my pack would have all needed survival supplies so that it's always with me. I would have a duplicate pack also in my vehicle.

My appartment is second story and the only entrance is on my deck, at the top of a flight of stairs. I plan to hide out here as long as possible, in stealth and secrecy, with the stairs completely filled with debris and junk and boarded off at the top, and then the two front windows boarded up. The door will be left unboarded, but I will have a four-beam drop bar system in place to secure it so I can still get outside if I need to.

I have a good vantage point from the deck to fight from, in addition to easy roof access, so if the zombies find me out I can fight them off from a safe distance. I think I could even manage to fight them back somewhat if they got through my barricades. From here it depends on the level of sentient intelligence they retain; do they acknowledge -what- a house is, and determine a reason to enter it? Or do they only react to evident signs of life, such as movement or a sound? Luckily my area has a low-moderate population density; so I think I'll have time to make these observations.

If I'm over-run, I'll have an emergency pack ready to leave asap with food, basic survival gear, clothing etc. I have two options: From my roof I can make it to the stupid tree in my yard, whose branches overhang the fire station which is a flat roof with no other access. Easily defensible, and I could probably flee to other roofs from there with a rope and grappling hook. So now I'm on the rooftops, and can disappear.

Other than that, I would have my car fully stocked with additional supplies and ammo, extra gas cans, and a jerry can of diesel to help make more molotovs. I estimate I could be to my car in the span of six seconds; it's right at the sidewalk, and I could exit a bedroom window and slide down the roof outside and be within fifteen feet of it. I think I'll have some noisemakers set up down the street and in my back yard that I could trip either by pull-string or remote; hopefully this will distract the horde, and I can throw a couple of molotovs in the street to the north to create a partial barrier to additional hordes while I get in my vehicle and haul balls.

In this situation I could flee in to the mountains, or head further north to Priest Lake; it's highly probable that they would not be infected, although it depends on the time of year as they are a tourist hotspot. At any rate, they have an even lower population density than we do here, and since there is only one road to get there (not counting bike trails, which are a minimal consideration), and almost impassable terrain besides that, I think if I went there and showed I could contribute, we could form a significant defensible zone there. I'm a good worker, I can shoot, and I do possess some emergency medical knowledge and supplies...so hopefully they would accept me.

I could also sneak back in to Priest River at night and steal a plane if I wanted...we have several small aircraft at our airport here, as long as the owners haven't already taken them. My parents also have a home located in a remote area, which is just off the highway to Priest Lake; I would probably check in there and evaluate their precautions. Somehow I get the impression that they haven't thought this out, but they do have significant stocks of survival supplies. If they are ill-prepared I could grab my little sister and take her with me; if they're all zombified, god forbid, I would evaluate the feasibility of clearing the premises and possibly taking some supplies. I don't think I would stay there...there's only one way out by vehicle, and it's too much for one man to defend.

So that's my plan. I'd essentially try to wait out the infection and keep an ear on the radio frequencies. If somehow they are not dying off (which I don't anticipate), then I am lucky enough to live in an area chock full of gun owners for additional ammo and there are plenty of sources of fuel for my vehicle. I actually think there's a good chance of there being other survivors here; I would have to evaluate the possibility of banding together or staying secluded from them, because it's possible they would eventually want to steal my supplies, or even kill me and each other if rations started running low.

That all seems like a lot of work. I think I'd just roll around in some mud and do my best to fit in with the zombies. It shouldn't be all that bad. Heck, even living people eat brains in some parts of the world.

I'd just have to make sure I stayed clear of Idaho; I wouldn't want Brian lobbing molotov cocktails at me!

We'll have to have a sign, Spare. Like some sort of hand signal so I don't shoot at you.

You know, it's just occurred to me that the winter, just as we're starting to get our real snow, would be an interesting time for the epidemic to occur. It would actually make my parents' situation quite survivable, and I might just consider hiding out with them if they would take my advice on fortifications and such (because I know I've thought about it more than they have). Because though people are zombified, they are still a human, bodily. And I dont foresee them lasting much longer in the cold than a sentient person, simply because the body stops working after a while and at the least, frostbite would have to set in. And enough snow would create a thorough barrier between the former bastion of civilization (now an epicenter of zombie activity) and my parents' house, slowing their advance as well as increasing the damage done by the cold. Yet at the same time, my parents have a good truck with a plow blade mounted on it, so we'd be able to get places if need be.

Hmmm.

And on the subject of fuel, you know, people talk about "well, if the pumps dont work, how do you get gas?" But really, all you need are some non-ferrous tools to pop the refill caps off the underground tanks at the stations and a hand pump of some kind to draw fuel out and you've got a lifetime supply of gas.

You make a good point about the onset of winter, Brian. If one had access to a good pair of snowshoes and a few firearms with plenty of ammunition (which I do), and had an intimate knowledge of survival in the wilderness (which I do), AND knew the locations of one or two back country cabins (which I do), then a person could possibly make it through, provided the zombies were mindless enough.

Maybe I won't have to roll around in mud after all.

Brian said:
We'll have to have a sign, Spare. Like some sort of hand signal so I don't shoot at you.

You know, it's just occurred to me that the winter, just as we're starting to get our real snow, would be an interesting time for the epidemic to occur. It would actually make my parents' situation quite survivable, and I might just consider hiding out with them if they would take my advice on fortifications and such (because I know I've thought about it more than they have). Because though people are zombified, they are still a human, bodily. And I dont foresee them lasting much longer in the cold than a sentient person, simply because the body stops working after a while and at the least, frostbite would have to set in. And enough snow would create a thorough barrier between the former bastion of civilization (now an epicenter of zombie activity) and my parents' house, slowing their advance as well as increasing the damage done by the cold. Yet at the same time, my parents have a good truck with a plow blade mounted on it, so we'd be able to get places if need be.

Hmmm.

And on the subject of fuel, you know, people talk about "well, if the pumps dont work, how do you get gas?" But really, all you need are some non-ferrous tools to pop the refill caps off the underground tanks at the stations and a hand pump of some kind to draw fuel out and you've got a lifetime supply of gas.

WOW Brian...you have clearly thought about this a great deal :cool: I'm kinda speachless tbh & that doesn't happen often :D

Huh. No chicks have ever been interested in any of MY zombie plans. I guess this shouldn't surprise me, since most of them involve rolling around in various types of mud.

I dunno, I thought hillbilly girls were all about mud wrestling?

Have you suggested that they practice with you?

Hillbilly girls! Why didn't I think of that!? It would be perfect, as long as their father/brothers and mother/sisters aren't around. Hey! The hillbilly girl and I could use them as zombie fodder!

Also, on the topic of survival tips, if you ever want to stockpile some SERIOUSLY good fire starters, get:

-Some egg cartons
-A bunch of dryer lint
-some wax

First pack the dryer lint in to the little egg cups in the egg carton, then drizzle some hot candle wax over the top. One of those cup candles in the glass container would work really well for this, or melt candle ends (or even canning parafin) by putting it in a clean tin can and placing this in boiling water. Then all you need to do is light 'er up! The wax will make a good long term fuel bunched in with the lint as well as hold it together during storage, and for anyone who's ever had a wood stove, I'm sure you know how easily flammable egg cartons are.

For a bigger fire starter, pack dryer lint in to a toilet paper tube and cap the ends with wax. This will burn for about 20 minutes.

Voila! Fire when you need it.

Keep looking back to see if they beset him. A molotov cocktail right then and there could thin the numbers. Remember: Flee, but also fight. Fighting on the run means less zombies to chase you.

If he is a useful member of the group besides his weakness, you may want to consider a rescue. Leaving a doctor behind could be a bad move. But if the horde is large, you are ill-equipped, and the area is not defensible, keep going.

Whatever you do, don't leave any hillbilly girls behind. You'd be surprised how thrifty they can be in the wild.

lol

well a what great tidbit to add to my what to do in case of zombie outbreak

right at the top

for best chance of survival find Brian

:p

:D

Latest posts

Back