Energy Drinks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not like only teens drink that stuff. Went to an internet/gaming cafe. five or so kids, probably around 8 or 10 playing games, all buzzed on energy drinks.

Tear of the Goddess said:
my sister drinks a shitload of energy drink and she gets palpitations and headaches. But she's either addicted or is just naive (ignorant) because she keeps drinking that many anyways.

She is drinking energy drinks that thicken the artery walls in her heart. If you can't get her to quit, at least try to get her to consume more garlic, onion, or ginger as this will help reduce the palpatations and improve blood circulation. I am not a doctor, but I've been to doctors, and have dealt with this myself. I used to drink Rockstar energy drink every morning. Sometimes two or three.

As much as I love the taste of coffee nature supplies the best energy boost available, the humble yet delicious apple supplemented with lots of water. This is not bullshit- when I switch from my 2 twelve hour day shifts to my 2 (4 if I'm doing overtime) twelve hour night shifts I pack a few apples and several bottles of water. I've tried energy drinks, coffee, caffeinated soft drinks, and five hour energy- none of them helped with the alertness the way apples and water do.

Major bonus- no buzz, rush, or anything of that nature to keep you awake after work to mess with your sleep.

Be as skeptical as you wish, I don't care. I am quite grateful that the majority of my co-workers feel the same though- nasty honeysuckle can happen if you fall asleep at the wheel of 500 tons of truck and payload.

Energy drinks- huge waste of your $

LoneKiller said:
princess_valium said:
I drink water, juice or decaff coffee or tea. I try to stay away from stimulants as I suffer from anxiety and they only make it worse.
Decaff?! Blasphemy!!

Haha, I think they taste better than caffeinated tea or coffee especially with some nice soya milk. :)

princess_valium said:
LoneKiller said:
princess_valium said:
I drink water, juice or decaff coffee or tea. I try to stay away from stimulants as I suffer from anxiety and they only make it worse.
Decaff?! Blasphemy!!

Haha, I think they taste better than caffeinated tea or coffee especially with some nice soya milk. :)
I shall petition for your immediate dismissal from these forums. I personally, am offended by this, and won't rest until you are are banned for life.

I remember not too long ago everybody was obsessed with the energy drink "Monster"
I hate energy drinks now, but they did give me a boost whenever I drank them, sometimes I would end up feeling low after the effect.

The ones that do give you a boost also make you crash about 30 mins later... I had a friend who loved drinking them along with alchohol.

Sorry to get all controversial but I had lots of orange lucozade today it reminded me of the college days where you have a sugar rush ;) still affects me now so when am low on it I will be taking that, plus it's much cheaper in the UK than the red bull etc

If only these energy drinks work on me !!

I can drink a couple of cans and still be able to fall straight to sleep. Caffeine just makes me pee tbh. No doze on the road works for a good minute before I start to nod off.

Latest posts

Back