Ever get that feeling?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlonely

Reaction score
I feel like a doormat that people just step on without any regard. I finally get a call from someone who actually wants my help. So I listen to what shes going through, we play shoot some hoops, and we are just..chillin really. She thanks me and now when I need someone to talk to she doesnt answer.

I like helping people, but whenever I need help no ones around. Anybody else get that feeling?

jlonely said:
I feel like a doormat that people just step on without any regard. I finally get a call from someone who actually wants my help. So I listen to what shes going through, we play shoot some hoops, and we are just..chillin really. She thanks me and now when I need someone to talk to she doesnt answer.

I like helping people, but whenever I need help no ones around. Anybody else get that feeling?

Yeah, I think everyone feels like that sometimes.

Maybe she's just not at the phone?

People may use you, but most of the time I don't even think they know they're doing it. I'm sure it's not something intentional and that she's ignoring you. If she didn't want to talk to you at all I don't think she would have come to your aid in the first place.

I sometimes get that feeling (with some people more than others) and it makes me think whether all the effort I make to be there for those I love and care about is worth it. However almost everytime I think about this, I decide that doing the best I can by those people and trying to make them happy is what I'm here for. Seeing them smile makes me smile and knowing that I'm trying to be the person I aspire to be usually makes it worth it.

Sure there are a number of people who i only see when they want something.

jlonely said:

As far as friends, there are a lot of times I feel like no one really sees me or knows who I am; and I wonder if they even want too. I go into my cave mode when I have something bothering me. I disappear until I can work it out most of the time.

I like to nurture and support people, too :) I think it is important to remember that when we give our love and support to another, that we do it freely and because that is who we are. It is a gift and nothing should be expected in return.

Sometimes people are so wrapped up in their world that they are unable to see someone else's pain. It is where they are in their life at that time. And yes, sometimes they don't care and sometimes they don't know how to help.

If you feel like a doormat, maybe you should take a break from helping your friend or listening to her problems. If you need someone to talk too, I will be glad to listen.

Latest posts

Back