Ex pat living overseas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PutOnHold

My wife & kids are away for now; living in the USA because one of the kids needs medical treatment (not for a life threatening or fatal disease. So I am overseas living by myself. Yes, it is lonely. It is the first time I have been alone in 5 years (been married for 10+). This is week 4 of our separation of what may be 6-12 months. I feel like a wimp.. can't even stand to be apart for a month!

On the other hand, I believe in God. I know that if I pray more, I can bear this better... so why don't I just pray more, instead of surfing the net?? Or is that the mind is willing but the flesh is weak? May God give peace to your souls and mine.

Hi PutOnHold,
It's normal to miss the people you love. There aren't any short cuts, majick formulas, or even prayers that will keep that from any of us.
It shows we love them.

Just keep focusing on that moment when she walks through the door and you two can be together again:)

Sounds like there is a lot of love in your family, and that you have a good life

PutOnHold you are lucky cos you have ppl that you love and love you and ppl that wont to be with you and who you wont to be with, pluss you have your faith. But in another way you are not lucky. I mean I could spend that amount of time on my own and it not bother me at all. I suppose in this way am stronger cos I have what you do not.

I hope your kid gets the treatment he needs. I was poorly a lot when I was a kid. My mum was always there for me. It meat a lot to me and still dose mean a lot to know that she did that. Must be harder on you seat at home not being able to do anything tho. You have to keep a home there for them for when they get back tho :) Your doing a good job mate.

Latest posts

Back