Eye contact with girls

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had TWO cute guys this summer look at me and smile and it just blew me away. They didn't act rapey or stalkerish, they were just like, "hey, nice day, I'm in a good mood. I see you! My mouth, it moves upward!" and it was nice. And honestly, if they just said, "you look cute, let's go for coffee", I would have said yes. Because they were *that* cute. And I like coffee.

Sarah_Lbnz said:
I had TWO cute guys this summer look at me and smile and it just blew me away. They didn't act rapey or stalkerish, they were just like, "hey, nice day, I'm in a good mood. I see you! My mouth, it moves upward!" and it was nice. And honestly, if they just said, "you look cute, let's go for coffee", I would have said yes. Because they were *that* cute. And I like coffee.

Just curious, but did you give off a magical sign to let them know you thought they were cute? Anything I could add to my understanding? :p

Because unless a girl smiles back at me, I generally feel like smiling at ladies is an excellent way to get myself labelled as a creep :(

Just curious, but did you give off a magical sign to let them know you thought they were cute? Anything I could add to my understanding? :p

Because unless a girl smiles back at me, I generally feel like smiling at ladies is an excellent way to get myself labelled as a creep :(

My magical sign was a sound of *gasp*! So... no, I don't think they knew.

And yes, you're right, usually when guys smile it is rather creepy. And when guys don't smile it's creepy. But in this case, they were my kind of cute, so it wasn't creepy. But I still didn't do anything, because I was a) in a hurry and b) they were walking in the opposite direction and c) gasp!

This is probably why I'm single.

Sarah_Lbnz said:
But in this case, they were my kind of cute, so it wasn't creepy.

SHHHHHHHHH!!!! You can't say that kind of thing or this will turn into one of "those" threads. You know which ones I mean.

Haha, I'll be first.

Some girl looked at me in the eye today, but she was fat and a bit cross-eyed, so I had to run away and wash my eyes.

theraab said:
Sarah_Lbnz said:
But in this case, they were my kind of cute, so it wasn't creepy.

SHHHHHHHHH!!!! You can't say that kind of thing or this will turn into one of "those" threads. You know which ones I mean.

I don't see anything wrong with her saying that. She likes what she likes. Nothing wrong with that.

perfanoff said:
Haha, I'll be first.

Some girl looked at me in the eye today, but she was fat and a bit cross-eyed, so I had to run away and wash my eyes.

Dammit Leibniz, this is what I was talking about. No wonder everyone remembers Newton and not you. Take you monads and go home.

And to ATL, I think you know exactly what what I mean by "those threads".

theraab said:
And to ATL, I think you know exactly what what I mean by "those threads".

I do, but I don't see how what she said could turn into one of "those threads".

^She said that it wasn't creepy because the guys were "cute" - and that she normally thinks that guys smiling at her is creepy - ergo, it's okay for cute guys to smile at her, but creepy for non-cute guys to do so.

theraab said:
^She said that it wasn't creepy because the guys were "cute" - and that she normally thinks that guys smiling at her is creepy - ergo, it's okay for cute guys to smile at her, but creepy for non-cute guys to do so.

But her kind of cute could be "non-cute" to 98% of other women. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

not just the eye if the beholder but more on the approach of the cobtact.
i have a friend thats sensitive and very.intimidated by guys making flirtations or appriaching her. but.. if it was done in the right way with the right sensitivity she would deffinately respond to it.

Hank2 said:
not just the eye if the beholder but more on the approach of the cobtact.
i have a friend thats sensitive and very.intimidated by guys making flirtations or appriaching her. but.. if it was done in the right way with the right sensitivity she would deffinately respond to it.

I was really just kidding about it turning into one of "those" threads - but she did say that she didn't think it was creepy because the guys were cute, and that she normally thought guys smiling at here was creepy.

theraab said:
I was really just kidding about it turning into one of "those" threads - but she did say that she didn't think it was creepy because the guys were cute, and that she normally thought guys smiling at here was creepy.

I'm not sure most women would think it was creepy, but it might make the majority of them uncomfortable if it is in a setting like a library. If it's in a club or bar setting, it's to be somewhat expected.

The only times that looking at a girl in the eyes, isn't creepy, is when they find you physically attractive.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
The only times that looking at a girl in the eyes, isn't creepy, is when they find you physically attractive.

Thanks for letting us know that. After all these years of having a vagina, I never knew that I couldn't tell the difference between someone who is actually creepy and someone who is just making eye contact. I also never knew that all men I have found unattractive are in fact creepy.

I also don't think men smiling at me is creepy. If it becomes excessive I just think a bird shat on me. :(

Latest posts

Back