facebook and myspace, why do you have them?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgecrusher

Reaction score
sometimes i dont even know why i have them. i was really opposed to getting either because i didnt want to "conform" or get sucked into it. lol, but at the same time im strangely addicted to checking them. and i dont even know why because i dont have a lot of friends on either. on facebook its mostly random movies and music that i like that are my friends. i originally got myspace to try to keep in touch with a friend that moved to NY. he ended up not getting on much. then i kept up with it because of the girl at my work that i liked. then everyone started using facebook more so i got one of those. now i have no reason to but i check them everyday. maybe somehwere in my mind im just hoping that someday someone will find me...

Just use it to keep in touch with one friend of mine who travels the world. Always nice to know where he is at the moment. He is one of the rare people I trust with almost everything and respect. So that's the only reason i still use it for.
Don't like the facebook mania to be honest.

I use myspace for music and to keep in touch with certain folks scattered about..For getting music out there it's genius,but I do actually like the friends music on mine..It gets annoying when bands just wanna advertise when it's obvious they couldn't give a flying toss about the music..
Gonna start the facebook thing as soon as poss..again for music only..
and now I'm boring myself to death...:(

My ex talked me into my facebook account. I don't really use it much, anymore, though I do check in from time to time.

I am a facebook junkie... I admit it. My friends are all spread out now, different states, and countries even... so i use it to stay in touch with my friends. Without it, I doubt any of us would stay in touch. Sad that our friendships have boiled down to e-mails and wall posts on Facebook.. but I suppose that is what happens when people are leading full and busy lives, with work, and starting their own families. Plus, i love to see all the pictures of my friends kids, that I wouldn't otherwise see...

I haven't used myspace in a long time now... but i love me some facebook :p

I'm really not sure why I have my profile/social networking sites pages since I hardly use them... I have a few relatives in parts of the world, it's useful to me for that.

I am very bad at keeping in touch with people. Facebook helps me to do this without a lot of effort. My myspace... I do not sign in any more.

Danielle said:
I am a facebook junkie... I admit it. My friends are all spread out now, different states, and countries even... so i use it to stay in touch with my friends. Without it, I doubt any of us would stay in touch.

I haven't used myspace in a long time now... but i love me some facebook :p

Same on both counts.

Because it makes me feel Popular, oh so very popular. ;)

[youtube]0x6VTnjGHjU[/youtube]

people finder

ive found hella of my dads side of the family on facebook and myspace and its awesome!!!
people id never think id hear from again, even though we may never hang out, i now have
the option to drop a line whenever i feel like it.

and im talking to a someone im enamored with online too to set up hanging out this weekend which is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I got a Facebook because my friend kind of pushed me into it. Then all the people I went to school with started adding me... So why the hell not... It's nice to talk to old friends.

Haven't used MySpace in a couple of years. I use Facebook to chat with old friends that are all over the place now, including an old friend that is doing time in a Mexican prison (the guards are controlled by the main gang and he has bribed enough higher ups in the gang where he has a cell phone and occasional computer access). I don't use it as frequently as I used to now that all my relatives are using it too. Mom, aunties, uncles, cousins, sisters, etc... if I wanted advice all the time, I would just get married again.

I use Facebook anyway. My myspace was always dead. Feel free to look up a "Caleb Dardar" and I'll add you no matter who you are o: Shuddup about my name <.<

I have neither.
Never had a facebook.
Deleted my myspace back on Halloween after I was..........
uh, a girl I loved made circumstances that forced me to delete it to both help make a point(essentially punctuate my goodbye) and to assure I would cut her out of my life for good.
She was really the only reason I had kept it around, it had become completely dead for months, and I only stayed on cause of her.

Didn't have any real friends on myspace though, deleting it was just a part of purging my past, which has really been going well until recently.

I have no intentions of making a facebook, I just don't like it, I hear too many privacy issues as well. Although I never had my myspace hidden so....lol.
I like myspace for the music, but I really didn't/don't need a profile to enjoy that part of the site.

I remember what having real friends was like, before it became just another statistic in your friend count. We were closer then I think. Oh well, fresia looking back.

hey guys this is viviana, an old ghots coming back...i can so much relate to this thread. its so truth that i check fb like an addiction even if am not into it. it sadden me most of the time to see other people pictures actually, how theyr living it up somewhere, but like somones says i manage to keep friends online all over the world, without it i have to face these long lonely days too close rigght in the face

so my advice is keep the hope up by keeping one, one day you'll find a definite alternative to replace it forever, then u ll b able to let go of these sites more freely i think

edgecrusher said:
sometimes i dont even know why i have them. i was really opposed to getting either because i didnt want to "conform" or get sucked into it. lol, but at the same time im strangely addicted to checking them. and i dont even know why because i dont have a lot of friends on either. on facebook its mostly random movies and music that i like that are my friends. i originally got myspace to try to keep in touch with a friend that moved to NY. he ended up not getting on much. then i kept up with it because of the girl at my work that i liked. then everyone started using facebook more so i got one of those. now i have no reason to but i check them everyday. maybe somehwere in my mind im just hoping that someday someone will find me...

Latest posts

Back