Facebook group

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know... May be this wasn't such a good idea to even bring it up

Whilst I am not sure that I myself would be comfortable with in having a Facebook presence- for the reasons others have put forward, I don't see why you shouldn't have put the idea forward. I think it is great that you are thinking what other users of the forum might like to do.:)

jaguarundi said:
I don't know... May be this wasn't such a good idea to even bring it up

Whilst I am not sure that I myself would be comfortable with in having a Facebook presence- for the reasons others have put forward, I don't see why you shouldn't have put the idea forward. I think it is great that you are thinking what other users of the forum might like to do.:)

Awww, shucks... Thank you... Thank you for your nice comment... You know the old saying, "Shoot first & ask questions later"... Well, I have a bad habit of that... And combine that with what I've been told "brutal honesty", I've gotten myself into whole lotta trouble before, lol... First in, first out... Usually that's what happens with my thought process, whatever I'm thinking at the moment, I tend to blab it out, guess I'm trying to make room for next thoughts.. I was starting to get an impression this might have been one of those cases...

^ Just because you may not get the answers you want doesn't mean you should never ask the question.

jaguarundi said:
^ Just because you may not get the answers you want doesn't mean you should never ask the question.

Well, in this case, it's not that I was looking for particular answer, I was looking for some sort of response & I guess I got what I asked for, responses...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying not to do it. I'm just saying to those that are interested in the idea should think about things before doing so.
The other FB group might still be functional and someone might chime in to link you to it.

TheRealCallie said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying not to do it. I'm just saying to those that are interested in the idea should think about things before doing so.
The other FB group might still be functional and someone might chime in to link you to it.

If I were to do it, it would be closed group & it would be "invitation only" type of thing...

sk66rc said:
If I were to do it, it would be closed group & it would be "invitation only" type of thing...

Sure.

But you'd still have to clear it with the forum mods if the facebook group is going to represent people from this forum in any way.

Again... contact the forum mods and see what they have to say. (Unless you already have done so). If the mods agree, then they'll be able to help you set things up and decide what sort of privacy settings to use.

TheRealCallie said:
I don't really understand why a forum would need a facebook group.... If you want to talk, why not just talk here or the chat room? I wanted nothing to do with the last fb group, because I prefer to choose who I let know who I really am. I've had issues before with people from here knowing who I really was. So, I would advise everyone to think about it before deciding to go ahead with the idea and/or joining such a group.

Hey Callie just to say that i like our avatar¡ is so sweet

I would totally join! Had I known there was an FB group back in the day I would've joined that too and I've scoured FB looking for something even if it was just similar but found nothing. I understand some want anonymity but I'm sure I'm not the only one here on this site that does not see this as a problem, actually that's the last thing I'd be worried about, anyone who knows me knows I have issues so its not new news but there aren't many that I can talk to about topics of loneliness to, so having more accessibility to others that have shared interest without having to come directly here since I have FB in my mobile phone definitely appeals to me! So please let's do this!!!

sk66rc said:
Triple Bogey said:
start one up and see if it takes off !
I would join definitely !

LOL... Ok, thanks... I think I'll wait to see if more people seem to be interested... I think if I start one up, there'll be only 2 of us, so far anyway...

Well now there's three of us! So why don't us three be the moderators of the group then maybe we could make sure it doesn't end up like the last one. Times change and people change, just because the other group didn't work doesn't mean this one won't. I get a strong feeling it could work because things seem different now but the group should only be for people who are cool with others knowing they have issues, which is not a problem for me because I think everyone has issues and would call you liar if you say you have none! Some are just worst than others. So I'm ready whenever you guys are! Pm if you really are interested in going ahead and doing this, I'd like to be there every step of the way! 😉

Ok...!!! I started a group called "Solitary Nights" in Facebook... This for anyone to join... I did set the group under "secret" setting so even if you join, nobody would see it except for the members... Draw back of that is, I don't think it's visible to a general public, hence the reason for being a "secret group"... After reading some of the responses, I figured that's what most people wanted... If you're interested, there's a link in my profile to my facebook... Hit me up for friend request so I can add you into the group... Allalone1 is in there as a member, too, so if he's ok with it, then you can go through him as well... Once you're in, I think you can start inviting people... I didn't do this to "represent" people from this forum alone, hence the group's name, so feel free to invite other people who might be interested as well... Thanks...

I'm cool with anyone wanting to get invited through me as well. My FB info wil bel on my profile too. I look forward to seeing some of you there!

Just a reminder, the group is not exclusively for this forum members but anyone you feel can benefit from being a part of it... Once you're in it, feel free to invite anyone as you see fit... Keep in mind this group isn't there to replace this forum or anything else people belong to... It's there to perhaps enhance and/or to have a bit of intimate setting such as more personalized communications & easier way of keeping in touch, perhaps getting to know about each other on a more personal level... Not to say this forum doesn't provide any of it but some might find it difficult in an open forum... Hope to see you there...

It's a slow process but we are starting to get few people into the group... Just a friendly reminder, purpose of this group is not to replace this forum or solely for those who belong to this forum... If anyone is interested, let me or allalone1 know... Due to the set up of the group, you need to be friend a member in Facebook... But that's strictly for getting into the group & what happens as far as the "friendship status" in Facebook afterwards is entirely upto you... Hope to see more people in the group...

NeverSunset said:

I sent you a friend request in facebook... Once you're in my friend's list, I'll add you to the group... Like I said in previous post, that's only to get you into the group... If you decide not to remain in my friend's list, obviously, that's totally up to you & I can totally respect that... I just gotta figure out a way to invite people to the group without having to put them in my friend's list so that people don't feel uncomfortable...

Speaking of inviting people, once you're in it, feel free to invite people you know into the group... Like I said, it's open to anybody who can use the company, not just for this forum members... Thank you...

Latest posts

Back