Facebook group

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sk66rc said:
I just gotta figure out a way to invite people to the group without having to put them in my friend's list so that people don't feel uncomfortable...
I just looked it up - you can invite people using their email address.

murmi97 said:
sk66rc said:
I just gotta figure out a way to invite people to the group without having to put them in my friend's list so that people don't feel uncomfortable...
I just looked it up - you can invite people using their email address.

Oh, cool... Thank you... It still goes with the idea of how comfortable do people feel giving out email addresses to, for all intents & purposes, random stranger, lol... But it's nice to know there are options...

And being that it's facebook group, does it have to be the email address associated with their facebook account? That sortta defeats the purpose of going around the facebook though I guess it's better than nothing... But the offer's still out there for anyone to join, however they prefer... And for those who are already in it, feel free to send out an invitation to anyone who's interested... Being that the group is still small, I still gotta approve it but as the group gets bigger, I'll start making few others admin so they can help me out with having people approved for the group...

I'm in a few closed/secret Facebook groups and I find that it is much more intimate than a forum and even in groups with hundreds of people you still get to know people/what people in the group are like whereas I find in a forum its much harder to get to know people.

One suggestion often used for secret groups is to setup a separate Facebook page explaining what the group is and how to join so that there is a way for the general public to 'see' the group with out letting people see the members.

I actually have a separate pseudonym Facebook account to keep my privacy in a-lot of the groups I'm in although I realise that may be too much of a hassle for most people.

ThisMember said:
I'm in a few closed/secret Facebook groups and I find that it is much more intimate than a forum and even in groups with hundreds of people you still get to know people/what people in the group are like whereas I find in a forum its much harder to get to know people.

One suggestion often used for secret groups is to setup a separate Facebook page explaining what the group is and how to join so that there is a way for the general public to 'see' the group with out letting people see the members.

I actually have a separate pseudonym Facebook account to keep my privacy in a-lot of the groups I'm in although I realise that may be too much of a hassle for most people.

I've actually thought of that about 2 month ago when I first posted about the idea... I have few secret groups I've made that has exactly that... I just didn't wanna do it with this one because more people voiced their concerns about it, having some sort of "portal" page to get to the group... Once the group gets bigger, I'll ask around to see if people are willing to go that route...

The group is slowly but surely growing... Just another friendly reminder, if you're gonna friend request me on facebook to be added to the group, please let me know either by the pm here or on facebook messages... I'm running into a situation where I've gotten friend request from other people I've known & wasn't quite sure where I've known them from... I've mistakenly added one of them to the group & she asked me, "what's this group you've invited me to?", lol... Also, I just wanted to bring it up again that it's open for anybody... Feel free to invite anyone you feel as though they can benefit from being in the group... Allalone1 can also approve members into the group as well... And I found out not too long ago, thanks to murmi97, people can be invited through emails as well...

Thank you...

Group is called "Solitary nights"... For those of you who feel a bit lonely, out of place, and/or find themselves in an empty & lonely place wanting a company of others at times, come on in & join us... Waters warm & so are the hearts of others...

Well, I'd be damned...!!! Who'd thought...!!! Group started out sortta slow... Then I've gotten a message popped up on my Facebook notification that I've gotten a message in the group... I looked it up & I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised... With a small group of people, something nice has sprung up... For the purpose of "privacy", I'll leave the names out & it's up to those individuals to disclose of any details but I must say, it feels very nice to be a part of a start of something great... Congrats, you two & you know who you are...!!!

ladyforsaken said:
Sounds like some good news. Best wishes to whoever and for what it is about. :)

Yeah... All the bad experiences I've heard about on-line stuff & with the general idea behind this forum, it's nice to see some people breaking out of their shell... When things are meant to be, I guess it has a way of happening...

The above person, chris girard, is my fiance. We use the same computer and I accidentally posted above as him. i am sorry.

What i was going to say was, is it okay to pm somebody when i feel ready to join skype. Again i am sorry. And have a nice day. :)

johnny196775 said:
What i was going to say was, is it okay to pm somebody when i feel ready to join skype. Again i am sorry. And have a nice day. :)

I think you might have meant to post this in the skype group chat thread right? Hehe it's all right - and of course it's okay to do it when you're ready. No need to pressure yourself. :)

ladyforsaken said:
johnny196775 said:

I think you might have meant to post this in the skype group chat thread right? Hehe it's all right - and of course it's okay to do it when you're ready. No need to pressure yourself. :)

opps. your right. Wrong thread. Thank you LF and have a nice day. :)

I did join the facebook group for awhile but left.
Somebody was been clever and a bit insulting.
So I couldn't be arsed to stay.

Triple Bogey said:

Sorry about that... Wish I knew the problem when it happened & may be I could've fixed it... I know how it can be when you leave with bad experience, sometimes it doesn't leave that good of an impression of people who run it... Hope someday, may be when it gets little more people into it, may be you can give it another try...

sk66rc said:
Triple Bogey said:

Sorry about that... Wish I knew the problem when it happened & may be I could've fixed it... I know how it can be when you leave with bad experience, sometimes it doesn't leave that good of an impression of people who run it... Hope someday, may be when it gets little more people into it, may be you can give it another try...

it wasn't you. I am glad your group is going strong !

Triple Bogey said:
sk66rc said:
Triple Bogey said:

it wasn't you. I am glad your group is going strong !

Wouldn't exactly call it strong but few more people have joined in... I know it started out really slow but seems to be putting along...

Latest posts

Back