facebook hate!!!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets make facebook a little bit more fun then! Go to the bottom of your page and press "English (US)" or whatever you have. It's on the left side next to "Facebook © 2011". Then, change it to "English(Pirate)", it's funny :)

This is the biggest, ugliest problem I have with Facebook and people who staunchly defend it.
I suppose it's automatically assumed that everyone on Facebook has people they want to connect with in real life.
Not everyone has that luxury. I certainly don't.
So it's pretty wasteful to try and explain this concept to someone (most people, in fact) who already have people they have connections with in their lives that are on Facebook.

Facebook is for people who already have friends offline, or family to connect with.
If you have neither, you're basically wasting time on that site.

I have this love hate relationship with FB!! During the 2 years that I have been a member, I have added friends, deleted them, de-activated my account, activated it again..! All depending on what is going on in my life!

I currently want to delete it into the world of technology altogether, then I think to myself 'What if I miss it?' Dumb really, I mean I had a life 'before' friggin' FB and now it consumes my life and I find that I 'want' to read my friend's status and see their photos to see what they are up to however menial! Dunno why, often it depresses me becoz I wish to be doing some of the things that they do!

To me, FB has a way of making me feel 'inadequate' and 'inferior' of my friends. I am not a jealous person or anything but I feel like they are all happier, doing better than me, that their lives are 'perfect...' Of course, I know this is not true because everyone has their own personal problems to deal with but it's jus how I feel...

Ok, haha! I really should stop ranting! I just wish it has less of a hold on me but then I guess it is only a 'delete' button away!

Latest posts

Back