Favorite movie of all time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I can't say just one.

To those who are in junior high, high school, or recently out of that hell hole and are in college, I suggest

"Heathers" with Winona Ryder or "Welcome to the Dollhouse" If you work in a crappy office, "Office Space" (EXACTLY what it's like to work in the corporate world!)

Some of my other favorites:

"Empire of the Sun, "Muriel's Wedding," "Gone with the Wind" "A Streetcar Named Desire", "Gas, Food, Lodging (about lonely people).

gone with the wind and muriel's wedding are some of my favorite movies.!!!

lonelygirl said:
Well, I can't say just one.

To those who are in junior high, high school, or recently out of that hell hole and are in college, I suggest

"Heathers" with Winona Ryder or "Welcome to the Dollhouse" If you work in a crappy office, "Office Space" (EXACTLY what it's like to work in the corporate world!)

Some of my other favorites:

"Empire of the Sun, "Muriel's Wedding," "Gone with the Wind" "A Streetcar Named Desire", "Gas, Food, Lodging (about lonely people).

Gunblaza said:
Whats your favorite movie

That would have to be "Tombstone". It has several flaws to be sure, but it is Val Kilmer's finest role. It may not be as historically accurate as "Wyatt Earp", but it doesn't have Kevin Kostner. If you missed seeing Kostner in Wyatt Earp, perhaps you saw him in "Dances with Wolves", "The Untouchables" or "Robin Hood"...same acting, different clothes.
Kurt Russell does a fine job in Tombstone, plays a character with flaws.
Many, Many one-liners from this movie.

Hey Ozzy,

I liked Val Kilmer in The Saint. It had flaws, too, but was pretty cool. Did you see it?

Also, wasn't Val Kilmer in "Willow"?

Hi Clara,

Yay! I love classics. I love the old films such as Alfred Hitchcock, Meet Me in St. Louis, and other great old classics.

Also, I LOVE: ALL of the Lord of the Rings Movies, Labrynth, and the Tom Cruise fantasy from back in the day---what was it called again?

lonelygirl said:
Hey Ozzy,

I liked Val Kilmer in The Saint. It had flaws, too, but was pretty cool. Did you see it?

Also, wasn't Val Kilmer in "Willow"?

Hi there lonelygirl

I saw "The Saint", remember Val Kilmer playing the Lead Role, but I can't remember much about the movie. Roger Moore (pre-007) was the original Saint on the tube.

I thought Davd Bowie was in "Willow". On second thought, you are right, Kilmer was in "Willow" (didn't see); Bowie was in "Labyrinth"

Yeah, David Bowie was in Labrynth. The Tom Cruise movie is called Legend and it's awesome.

I don't have a favorite but one of the films that I have been watching a lot is Pride & Prejudice. Its a truly beautiful film and very well done.

Colette, I agree. Pride and Prejudice was a really good movie.

This is a little late, but I watched the Pursuit of Happiness yesterday and I found it really inspirational. One of those random things that remind me to not give up.

I don't think I could name a single favorite, but as a general rule I enjoy any movie that puts me in a thoughtful mood.  Some recent ones that have done that are Crash, Babel, and Big Fish.

the highlander "thay can be only one" er the gladiator. and also you cernt beat a gd Western like the good, the bad and the ugly. i wish i could chant the music to that one. it wos so cool

bluey said:
the highlander "thay can be only one" er the gladiator. and also you cernt beat a gd Western like the good, the bad and the ugly. i wish i could chant the music to that one. it wos so cool

You can buy the CD. Ennio Morricone is the composer.

Colette said:
bluey said:

ye i know i wos just trying to say i wish i could Wiesel it so every one on hear can hear it that's all lol.

but am impressed in how you know ow composed it. i would have never had known something like that :)

bluey said:
Colette said:
bluey said:

ye i know i wos just trying to say i wish i could Wiesel it so every one on hear can hear it that's all lol.

but am impressed in how you know ow composed it. i would have never had known something like that :)

Don't be. I know a little bit about a lot of things.

Colette said:
bluey said:
Colette said:
bluey said:

Don't be. I know a little bit about a lot of things.

Well when you add all those little things up that's quite a lot moor then me.
Shell we just say I've never been the sharpest tool in the box. Academically any way.

Ennio Morricone rocks.

Anyways, my favorite movie is definitely Fight Club. I'm guessing most have you have already seen it, considering how notorious/popular it is. It seems like the type of movie that would perfectly appeal to us lonely folk. :D

For those of you who were maybe turned away from the movie due to all the fanboys, give this review a read:

http://www.thefilmjournal.com/issue8/fightclub.html

Hell, you'll probably want to read it even more if you liked the movie.

My second favorite movie is Jurassic Park. :D

I don't care that most people who grew up with it have "grown out" of it. It's a beautiful movie.

I mean, hell, it's just gnarly. Remember this?:

and this classic scene?:

and this guy?:

And the BEST scene in the movie?:

To cap it off (beautiful work John Williams did for it, absolutely beautiful! ):

Cool stuff, you've gotta admit ;)

Plus, it just has the coolest logo. \m/

Colette said:
I don't have a favorite but one of the films that I have been watching a lot is Pride & Prejudice. Its a truly beautiful film and very well done.

OOOOOoooooooohhhh Colette...you are SO right about that!

GuestNoLonger said:
I don't think I could name a single favorite, but as a general rule I enjoy any movie that puts me in a thoughtful mood.  Some recent ones that have done that are Crash, Babel, and Big Fish.

Which Crash do you like? I believe there were two of them.

Latest posts

Back