Favorite movie of all time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Equilibrium and other beautiful movies that put the mind on silent for awhile.

Presence said:
Equilibrium and other beautiful movies that put the mind on silent for awhile.

Equilibrium was a sweet movie not too many people have seen or even heard of it. Christian Bale is a great actor he was cool in that movie and great in the new batman.

Oh my favorite movie would probaly have to be the lord of rings trilogy or star wars do hard to decide for me.

hmm... don't watch a lot of movies but a few I have seen a hundred times and still love are:
*A Very Long Engagement (French, with Audrey Tautou... from Amelie)
*Amelie
*The 13th Warrior
*the old starwars movies
*V for Vendetta
*Aeon Flux

Qui said:
hmm... don't watch a lot of movies but a few I have seen a hundred times and still love are:
*A Very Long Engagement (French, with Audrey Tautou... from Amelie)
*Amelie
*The 13th Warrior
*the old starwars movies
*V for Vendetta
*Aeon Flux

Awesome movie taste, Qui!

Well thank you. I tend to be very picky about them. I'd rather see one of these than a new one most days.

Qui said:
Well thank you. I tend to be very picky about them. I'd rather see one of these than a new one most days.

No wonder with so much crap being released at the cinemas.

In no particular order:

Godfather 1 and 2
Road to Perdition
Equilibrium
Pulp Fiction
A Beautiful Mind
Die Hard 1-4
Star Wars 4-6
Fearless
What Dreams May Come
Mr.Brooks
Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Dragonball Z movies 5, 8, 10, 12 and 13

hmmmm those are all I can think of at this very moment. I'm sure there are tons more. I'm big into movies

I haven't seen sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, but I have seen Lady Vengeance, and it was all right. Not as good as Oldboy in my opinion, but it's worth watching ^^

^^ why is it quote-quoteing me? I didn't say that.
I've never seen any of those movies. I haven't got an opinion on them.

Taxi Driver(1976)

I truly enjoy this movie for various reasons. Being a loner, I can completely relate to the movie but that is not the only reason I love this movie and consider it my all-time favorite. I enjoy it for what it truly is; a work of art. I just love the ambiguity and gloominess portrayed in this movie. It provides more questions than answers.

It is an excellent character study of a lonely man desperately seeking recognition and companionship. This mans years of loneliness and isolation have transformed him into a Sociopath. This man desires something in his life that he doesn't have. What it is isn't clear, He just wants to be somebody.

I would recommend this film to any person regardless of being lonely or not. It is a work of art. Robert De Niro's performance as Travis Bickle(God's Lonely Man) was remarkable. As usual, Martin Scorsese shows us what Cinema and Directing is all about. Excellent movie. 5 out of 5 stars.

Just one?
That's not fair...

These are just the ones that I have seen myself that I would give the title favorite movies...

Ben-Hur
Ten Commandments
Spartacus
Lawrence of Arabia
Citizen Kane
Casablanca
The Godfather
Its a Wonderful Life
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
E.T.
Apocalypse Now
Schindler's List
Jaws
Doctor Zhivago
A Clockwork Orange
Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid
Fantasia (cartoon)
Indiana Jones movies
Starwars (original trilogy)
Star Trek (movies)
Silence of the Lambs (it puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose! that creeped me out)
The Manchurian Candidate (original of course)
The French Connection
Forrest Gump (ok it's always joked about but that's part of the reason it makes the list)
Rocky (the first)
The Deer Hunter
Platoon
Goodfellas
Pulp Ficion
(Most of Alfred Hitchcock's movies.... i.e. Vertigo, Psycho, The Birds)
The Wizard of Oz
Oliver Twist
To Catch a Thief
The Pink Panther (with Peter Sellers... he was brilliant)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Shining
Predator
The Hunt for Red October
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Ghostbusters
Alien
Full Metal Jacket
The Matrix
Heat
Die Hard (the original)

Well, I could go on forever, but these are a couple that I would recommend for everyone... I watch too many movies and I have so many favorites.

I can't believe I missed these...

Groundhog Day
Caddyshack
The Blues Brothers
The Longest Yard
Scarface
Raging Bull
Reservoir Dogs
Field of Dreams
The Princess Bride
Cocoon
The Manhattan Project
War Games
Enemy Mine
Unforgiven
Back to the Future
The Shawshank Redemption

Okay I'll just stop now... this list will never end...

Qui said:

Eh, I'm not sure ... I may have just effed up the reply. Sorry, I know. :p

ThatOneGuy said:
Janus said:
Same vibe as in ... melancholy?

I probably used the wrong word. I liked the visuals. The way the story progressed. It was slow but always the right pace. So many aspect of the movie were well done.

Only part i didn't like was how the sister came back near the end. Turns out the only reason he brought her back was because she would allow them to talk more "loose" with her.

You should watch "Man on the Train." Or "Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter." If you're thinking similar vibes and/or visual creativity, those are what I'm reminded of. But yeah, I'm with you, great film.

Janus said:
Qui said:

Eh, I'm not sure ... I may have just effed up the reply. Sorry, I know. :p

Hey, it's cool. Just with that troll using my name I've been kinda suspicious of anything that might be misconstrued as suspicious... I am slightly paranoid so don't mind me... lol.

I think my favorite movie of all-time has to be Yojimbo or Ran. The Departed was also very good, but just doesn't have the same kindred feeling as Yojimbo or Ran.

Here's my list of favorite movies:

High and Low, Ikiru, The Departed, 300, Ran, Yojimbo, Throne of Blood, Leon: The Professional, Lucky Number Slevin, American History X, Sin City, The Wedding Crashers, Little Miss Sunshine, Children of Men, Pulp Fiction, Collateral, Ghost in the Shell, Lost in Translation, Fight Club, The Shawshank Redemption, Rashomon, Thank You For Smoking, Equilibrium, Pan's Labyrinth, Shrek 2, Brazil, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Donnie Darko, The Last Samurai, Walking Tall, Silent Hill 2, Boondock Saints, Suicide Club, Dogma

*I know, what a loser I am to watch so many movies. hah :p *

Latest posts

Back