Favorite treats?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aztorak

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm sure that many of you, like myself, have that one special treat that you gift yourself with when feeling down and out. When I'm in that state of mind I'll go out to my favorite Japanese restaurant and get a big udon-noodle soup bowl. That always calms my nerves :)

What are your favorite pick-me-up foods?

Interesting topic. :)

I find chicken soup a great pick-me-up, likewise a nourishing recipe for Japanese Hotpot by Allegra McEvedy which I'll post sometime. It's very easy to make.

lately I developed a pretty disgusting/tasty recipe:
very brown bread, possibly barley or something fancy, spread peanut butter, and pour over maple syrup and make it soak a bit - I know it's weird...

Mouse said:
Interesting topic. :)

I find chicken soup a great pick-me-up, likewise a nourishing recipe for Japanese Hotpot by Allegra McEvedy which I'll post sometime. It's very easy to make.
There's just something about a nice hot bowl of soup that makes it a great escape for a while. And that hotpot sounds like it's delicious!

Peaches said:
lately I developed a pretty disgusting/tasty recipe:
very brown bread, possibly barley or something fancy, spread peanut butter, and pour over maple syrup and make it soak a bit - I know it's weird...
And I thought my dad was weird because that was one of his favorites snacks.:D

I hate to say it, but beer. It doesn't even matter what kind, although if it is a treat I suppose something special would be nice. Or some other kind of alcoholic drink. Something to soothe my worried, sad or angry mind and chase the bad thoughts away.

There's not really anything specific that always serves as a pick-me-up for me, it really depends. But I like to go to a convenience store and browse for something that strikes my fancy. I'm not a regular coffee drinker, so oftentimes a mint mocha is a nice treat for me. =]

Solivagant said:
There's not really anything specific that always serves as a pick-me-up for me, it really depends. But I like to go to a convenience store and browse for something that strikes my fancy. I'm not a regular coffee drinker, so oftentimes a mint mocha is a nice treat for me. =]

Same. I think it goes with the mood at the time of the much needed pick-me-up.

My favorite place : Rumah Makan Padang

2e5o3rq.jpg

It's really popular and can be found anywhere in Indonesia, dang.. now i'm hungry

She-ra said:
Some really smelly cheese, olives, houmous and luxury crackers yum.

Yummy, but I'd substitute the crackers with some really crusty sourdough bread!

Never put camembert in the fridge. El Pongo.

Latest posts

Back