Fears/Phobias?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest fear is not being happy in this life.
Losing my mom.
Being alone without anybody to care for me.

9006 said:
ChocolateMoose said:
Yep! Only groups of holes set it off. Just a singular hole doesn't induce it. I always feel like something's living inside of them, or I get the scary fear of "what if I wake up and suddenly am covered in tiny holes!?"

I think everyone has this to a certain extent, there's something about it that makes you feel a bit grossed out.

I have to disagree with you 9006, on this point. I have zero fear of grouped holes. And I grew up in a family of bee keepers, where there were actually things living on/in grouped holes (bees raise larvae in comb, not just use it for honey storage). Still, not even a twinge.

ladyforsaken said:
1. Heights: Especially if I'm standing on a bridge or a ground where you can see through it - I bet you I will stay frozen and never be able to move.
2. Roaches: Just.. I literally shake at the sight of one and have developed panic attacks from this.
3. Automated sliding doors/machinery: I mean, who doesn't get paranoid about the elevator door closing on you as you step in? That's one horrible way to be stuck in pain and crushed to death from. *gulp*

I freeze with heights. Literally start shaking, heart goes into rapid mode and my eyes get watery. Even second stories on a mall. I watched a video of a glass bridge in China and it almost made me sick. I'm horrible.
People can do the same. Either really nice ones or of I'm being yelled at, and I didn't start it.

I got my shoelace stuck in an escalator once. That was trippy - literally. Landed flat on my face. I have a hard time with those and elevators. I will climb stairs before I use either, if possible. I'd rather go up a 100 stairs before a 30 second ride in/on either.

ringwood said:
One common to many: heights...

Enclosed places - this wasn't a phobia at all until fairly recently and I think there were two things that contributed to this: I watched a thriller-type movie about a serial killer at the advice of my hubby who said it was really good...this is not the type of movie I would generally watch as the disturbing parts get stuck in my head for days. Anyway, a lady was kidnapped in this movie, and it turns out she was buried alive. Fast forward to a few weeks later - I was playing with my kid and he wanted me to hide in a box. So, I crawl in and a few moments later, I'm having this massive panic attack and freaking out. It was weird, I was not prepared for my strong reaction, but thinking about it later, it's those two things that coincided to suddenly produce a phobia in me.

And last, but not least, dolls - like the life-like sort of dolls...ugh.

I'm extremely claustrophobic. Weird, I never really classified it as a fear. I can't even stand being held down, even wrestling like.

Dolls freak me out, but I wouldn't call it a phobia. I can walk by them no issue, but I don't think I could sleep around one. For some strange reason I picture little souls stuck in them, so life-like ones are worse. It's just creepy.

This thread is making me realise I am a major chicken honeysuckle. :/

My biggest fear/phobia is getting fat and/or gaining weight. (I have no intention of finding the name for the phobia, but I know there is one)

Some lesser ones I have are losing my hair, needles and spiders (much less than it used to be, not even sure I'd call it a fear anymore, just an intense dislike really)

TheRealCallie said:
My biggest fear/phobia is getting fat and/or gaining weight. (I have no intention of finding the name for the phobia, but I know there is one)

Some lesser ones I have are losing my hair, needles and spiders (much less than it used to be, not even sure I'd call it a fear anymore, just an intense dislike really)

Pocrescophobia.
But now they make speed for that.

I love spiders. Especially big ones. Because they kill moths which is another of my... issues. How could I forget. I think I repress it because it makes me look like a pansy.
I flipped my visor down in my truck and there was a moth the size of my head there. After slamming into my door and finally untangling myself from the seat belt I fell out of my truck while it was still in reverse. I mamaged to get it stopped before I hit anything but I had to have one of the welders near by get it out of my truck and produce a dead body before I could get back in it. It was not one of my finer moments and I never lived it down.
If I forget my window down, I flip the visors before I start my truck and that usually involves me flipping it and running away a few paces.
There was one that was baseball size this summer - I shot that one.
I'd fight a grizzly off someone, but if you are surronded by moths you are on your own.
And I have no issues with butterflies. Just moths.

ladyforsaken said:
1. Heights: Especially if I'm standing on a bridge or a ground where you can see through it - I bet you I will stay frozen and never be able to move.
2. Roaches: Just.. I literally shake at the sight of one and have developed panic attacks from this.
3. Automated sliding doors/machinery: I mean, who doesn't get paranoid about the elevator door closing on you as you step in? That's one horrible way to be stuck in pain and crushed to death from. *gulp*

I forgot to add:
4. Clowns: They are just freaky.
5. Large surfaces of water: Swimming pools, sea/ocean.

JHK said:
ladyforsaken said:

I freeze with heights. Literally start shaking, heart goes into rapid mode and my eyes get watery. Even second stories on a mall. I watched a video of a glass bridge in China and it almost made me sick. I'm horrible.
People can do the same. Either really nice ones or of I'm being yelled at, and I didn't start it.

I got my shoelace stuck in an escalator once. That was trippy - literally. Landed flat on my face. I have a hard time with those and elevators. I will climb stairs before I use either, if possible. I'd rather go up a 100 stairs before a 30 second ride in/on either.

Oh yeah. Once my friends made me take a skyride with them and we were way high up above huge tall trees sort of high, and I literally cried the entire way.

Oh man, that sounds like a really horrible experience, JHK. I would've honeysuckle my pants if I were you, getting stuck at the escalator.

This reminds me of that incident in China where that woman and her son fell into a hole at the top landing of the escalator, cos the metal thingy gave way... and she pushed her son out to save him, but she got rolled in and died. What a horrific and traumatising thing for the boy to witness of his mother and for the way the woman died. :\

JHK said:
I'm extremely claustrophobic. Weird, I never really classified it as a fear. I can't even stand being held down, even wrestling like.

Dolls freak me out, but I wouldn't call it a phobia. I can walk by them no issue, but I don't think I could sleep around one. For some strange reason I picture little souls stuck in them, so life-like ones are worse. It's just creepy.

This thread is making me realise I am a major chicken honeysuckle. :/

I am claustrophobic too, but not to a large extent. It's something that I can manage still.

Also, hey.. we all have our own personal fears in some way. Don't feel badly, yeah?

Spiders, Thunder and Lightning storms, Crowds and finally this don't even want to write what it is..

[video=youtube]

Today I just fear being ridiculed for being lonely.

Only real phobias I'd say is that I'm really uncomfortable and wary going out at night, call it hypervigilant. It stems from growing up in a town where I really wasn't safe outside for a long time, daytime I could manage cause there were people around, but the chance of running into the wrong person at night has kept me from going out at in the dark for over a decade.

Latest posts

Back