Feeling old at 19...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bluey said:
I think when ppl say they are the best years of there life they forget all the bad stuff. Us humans have a great ability to only remember the good stuff. Just like I remember what it was like to have a GF over 15 years ago. But there must had been a reason why I spilt with the girls I went out with. Reason was cos we was arguing all of the freaking time. But normally I don't remember them times. just the other good times.

It depends on your outlook on life. Some who are naturally more pessimistic take note of the more negative stuff more often than those who are predisposed to the contrary. I'm sure having a gf was nice while it lasted. I have yet to ask anyone out even or go on a single date :(

Bluey said:
At 19 you still got parents telling you what to do when your old enough to do what you like. You got no money so can not go anywhere or do anything. You normally don't have your own place so have to live under someone else's roof and abide by there rules. Why would anyone wont to go back to that?

Yeah well, 19 is what I consider to be a 'transition age'- not really a teenager anymore though not a young adult either. It can be an exciting age where lots of new things are happening or same old, same old. Depends on the person and their circumstances.

ExtensivexLDL said:
Yeah well, 19 is what I consider to be a 'transition age'- not really a teenager anymore though not a young adult either. It can be an exciting age where lots of new things are happening or same old, same old. Depends on the person and their circumstances.

Trust me mate. Your a young adult. When I was about that age I was stood in a que somewhere and this little kid bumped into me and he's mum said watch that man. I looked around looking for someone else then realized she meant me lol I was like christ. Am a man. honeysuckle when did that happen.

At 19 you are very much a young adult. You can get served drink. Well here in the UK you can and you can go die for your country if that's what you wont.

But ye it is a transition age. I think in the first 3 years of leaving school most ppl grow up faster then at any other age. But you are right its different for everyone.

Bluey said:
ExtensivexLDL said:

At 19 you are very much a young adult. You can get served drink. Well here in the UK you can and you can go die for your country if that's what you wont.

Yeah, same thing here

This is exactly how I feel. I am 19 as well, and it just feels like all the people that achieve, that changed the world started doing this before they were eighteen. My childhood is over and I have not achieved a thing.

Funny thing; I read a theory a while ago that stated the reason times speeds up as you grow older is because you measure it relative to your life experience.

If you are 0, 1 year will take up 100% of your life. When you are 1, 50% etc. Meaning that by the time you are 15 (I think) you have spend over 65% of your 'relative' life. Basically this means that you have had over 65% of your new experiences in life (assuming that these decrease with the amount of time ou have spend on this earth). This also means that there are just 45% of these chances left to perform at. I think the number at 20 years old was about 75%
And I must say, it feels like that. If you weren't special in your childhood you will not be special in the rest of your life. If you had a shitty childhood you wasted the biggest part of your life.

Hylke said:
This is exactly how I feel. I am 19 as well, and it just feels like all the people that achieve, that changed the world started doing this before they were eighteen. My childhood is over and I have not achieved a thing.

Funny thing; I read a theory a while ago that stated the reason times speeds up as you grow older is because you measure it relative to your life experience.

If you are 0, 1 year will take up 100% of your life. When you are 1, 50% etc. Meaning that by the time you are 15 (I think) you have spend over 65% of your 'relative' life. Basically this means that you have had over 65% of your new experiences in life (assuming that these decrease with the amount of time ou have spend on this earth). This also means that there are just 45% of these chances left to perform at. I think the number at 20 years old was about 75%
And I must say, it feels like that. If you weren't special in your childhood you will not be special in the rest of your life. If you had a shitty childhood you wasted the biggest part of your life.

I got robed from a lot of my childhood. It was no one persons fault but still it happend.

Let me tell you that if you had a shirty childhood that dose not mean that your life is wasted. I have found if you had a difficult childhood that can make you appsheate adult life a lot better and there for make you a happier person in later life. Just my veiw of course :)

Oh, absolutely, Bluey! I love how you're able to use sublimation here... using that negative energy to make something constructive. Every negative experience can be used to craft a positive one; each bad thing that happens can prepare us to avoid even worse potential experiences.

We're all the sum of our experiences, and what we make of them is up to us; do we regret the past, wallow in misery, and lament the future? Or, do we appreciate the lessons, look forward in hope, and greet the future's offerings warmly?

aFIREinside80 said:
Oh, absolutely, Bluey! I love how you're able to use sublimation here... using that negative energy to make something constructive. Every negative experience can be used to craft a positive one; each bad thing that happens can prepare us to avoid even worse potential experiences.

We're all the sum of our experiences, and what we make of them is up to us; do we regret the past, wallow in misery, and lament the future? Or, do we appreciate the lessons, look forward in hope, and greet the future's offerings warmly?

You put that Superbly.

I do believe that every negative has a positive if you look hard enough or Wait long enough.

aFIREinside80 said:
Or, do we appreciate the lessons, look forward in hope, and greet the future's offerings warmly?

Right now am in kinder a positive mood so I go with this :D

Latest posts

Back