Feeling sub-human

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MisterLonely said:
M_also_lonely said:
why are you here?

Just helping people out.

If you have something, enjoy it. If you don't have something, enjoy not having it. Its a unique experience of its own, don't miss out on it.
A very simplistic look at something that isn't simple, if it works for you, why are you here?

Nothing else worked, only the realization of this helped.

Thanks for this picking apart of my post and analyzing it sentence by sentence, word by word, what I learned from it is that even with my efforts to construct a post in an unambiguous way, people will always find something... I will do better next time.
I think it means I took the time to read every word you have to say.
But oh, I am really sorry if I hurt your feelings. I will go with the conventional way then:

Title says it all, from time to time I get ........

................these things? I swear that I'm not an *******, I'm not condescending and I'm easy to give trust, and easy to get along with. I'm not afraid or anxious of people. I have everything my heart could desire when it comes to materialistic things, and then some more, yet totally unable to take care of those basic human needs, and am then made to feel bad for even having them.

Sub-human existence for short, so sick of it.  

TL;DR (in head).
Join some club, memorize some jokes, go out there and talk to people, join the gym.

My feelings weren't hurt :)
Great. I saved it in a txt file and will copy paste it on everyone asking for help. Very efficient sugarcoats are these, the listener's problem gets solved, speaker comes off as good without him having to listen what the other one has to say and without actually trying to help the other. Nice.

I also felt like M was getting bogged down by semantics and missing the point there. I believe there's nothing selfish about trying to do your best and still wondering why certain things don't ever seem to work out very well.

Also fwiw, my post wasn't because of your previous posts. It was just from interactions and what I've seen in the chat room over the past couple of years. I haven't been active in a chatroom that you've been active in for a while now though so it is possible that things have changed a lot in the last year.

kamya said:
I also felt like M was getting bogged down by semantics and missing the point there. I believe there's nothing selfish about trying to do your best and still wondering why certain things don't ever seem to work out very well.

Also fwiw, my post wasn't because of your previous posts. It was just from interactions and what I've seen in the chat room over the past couple of years. I haven't been active in a chatroom that you've been active in for a while now though so it is possible that things have changed a lot in the last year.

I know Kamya, you're a good egg. don't worry about it! and sorry I was snappy

Hi, Mr, my friend, I want to echo kamya's words a bit. I think that you do, as many others I have met, have a bit of a chameleon personality. As i've said before, you're definitely not the only one, though I feel I have seen it more often in women than in men, and I don't think I have met a person your age who is like that. Please don't take it the wrong way.

I want to talk to you about perception. I have a problem with it myself. When I get in a way sometimes, I feel completely and utterly alone, to the point sometimes that I start to make up fantasies in my head that i am not that isolated, to the point where I start to believe them, and other things. But if there is anything I have learned, it is perception can entirely warp somebody into believing something the complete opposite of truth. I am not dismissing your feelings of loneliness, I know that is completely real, but I want to tell you something, and as usual, it is about myself.. I can get paranoid when I get too defensive and when the loneliness comes, I start lashing out at others. For example, one particular friend I have IRL texts me often, and I respond, but because her behavior confuses me I get scared and defensive and become short with her and start to drive her away.

That is because I don't feel I understand her, who she is and what she is about, what her motive is for being my friend, and that scares me. I'm not saying others feel that way about you, but consider that everyone is their own person with their own story and that you can only occasionally catch a glimpse of what's going on in their mind, and even then you cannot be sure of them. I think this girl scares me because I don't sense any guile in her, and I don't understand it, and so I shut her out. That, and the fact that whenever I see her she brings a friend over, and it makes me think that she is not genuine in her wanting to be friends with me because she just wants to add me to her friends list so that she can seem more popular, either that or she is scared of me, so I shut her out. Anyway, I digress. Maybe the people around you are like me and have issues that keeps them from being friends with you. I think that you are a wonderful person.
Also maybe consider that you might be shutting out people from being close to you as well..

Not sure if you got anything out of my comment. Anyways.

wallflower79 said:
I can get paranoid when I get too defensive and when the loneliness comes, I start lashing out at others. For example, one particular friend I have IRL texts me often, and I respond, but because her behavior confuses me I get scared and defensive and become short with her and start to drive her away.

This is me :O 

Hi me!

kamya said:

Its not semantics, I was just trying to say, don't make efforts, don't change yourself, you are perfect the way you are, everyone is. But nvm, I have a more efficient script to copy paste now where i don't even need to read the OPs troubles.

I don't think any of us is perfect. How boring would that be?

We are imperfect. Joyously imperfect. Wonderfully imperfect. Wa are balls of neuroses. We are awkward and weird. Defective units. And this is GREAT. It is as it should be.

TheLoadedDog said:
I don't think any of us is perfect. 

I said, "you are perfect the way you are".  
The difference is that when you say, "Everyone is perfect", it conveys that nobody has any flaw, everyone is the same, human with 100% efficiency in every aspect. I don't mean that. 

When I say, "[size=small]you are perfect the way you are", its more about your uniqueness and originality than about your efficiency. For example someone with a round face.  If you see it with "Everyone is perfect" eyes it would mean that there is an ideal face that a person should have and this guy doesn't.
When you see it with, "[size=small]you are perfect the way you are" eyes, it means it doesn't matter, it is only a flaw if you see it as a flaw, otherwise, it is just your uniqueness. 
[/size][/size]

M_also_lonely said:
kamya said:

Its not semantics, I was just trying to say, don't make efforts, don't change yourself, you are perfect the way you are, everyone is. But nvm, I have a more efficient script to copy paste now where i don't even need to read the OPs troubles.

You have posted this bs about your "more efficient script" here at least twice now, and even dragged it over to another persons thread at least once M, I have even taken the time to clarify that the "my feelings weren't hurt" comment was in reaction to you saying "sorry if my feelings were hurt", I know you read it because you take the time time to read anything very well, your words not mine...

With all your intellectual might I'd like to see you explain how this logical fallacy does not apply, how you are not misrepresenting...

strawman.jpg

I'm starting to doubt if anyone took the time to get to know me, I have gone in to any personal friendship here with my heat on my sleeve, I have been an open book for as much as I could and dared to be, maybe that wasn't enough, or maybe it was too much.

Or maybe I'm just not good at any of this, it is still me, no one here is just one thing, why should I be?

MisterLonely said:
I'm starting to doubt if anyone took the time to get to know me, I have gone in to any personal friendship here with my heat on my sleeve, I have been an open book for as much as I could and dared to be, maybe that wasn't enough, or maybe it was too much.

Or maybe I'm just not good at any of this, it is still me, no one here is just one thing, why should I be?

I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said, I may have come off a bit strong. Maybe it is my own strong and sometimes overbearing personality that makes me see others as chameleon personalities. I am stubborn and don't try and change myself unless the other person gives what I feel is sound and sincere advice, and maybe that is my failing. I just had a friend over last night and he said that he was going to help to do what I can so that I can date more and finally get married and I was polite to him but resistant to the idea and just agreed with him finally because he had to go. But later thinking about it, I became very scared and angry and I was just on the verge of writing him a long letter explaining why he can't help me and why I can never just go to a dance and go up to guys and flirt with them and ask them for their numbers when I am about 7 years older or more than almost all of them, and explain why I belong in a corner away from everybody else instead when I decided to log in here and respond to your post.

This all makes me realize that maybe I am inadequate in being overbearing, needy, and generally too much. What I'm am trying to say is that we all have issues, MrL, and that especially here in a place like this, neurosis and insecurity runs rampant and makes our perspectives distorted. You are doing what you need to do, MrL, but I think you need real world contact, and the majority of us here at ALL can't give that to you. I'm sorry.

wallflower79 said:
MisterLonely said:

I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said, I may have come off a bit strong. Maybe it is my own strong and sometimes overbearing personality that makes me see others as chameleon personalities. I am stubborn and don't try and change myself unless the other person gives what I feel is sound and sincere advice, and maybe that is my failing. I just had a friend over last night and he said that he was going to help to do what I can so that I can date more and finally get married and I was polite to him but resistant to the idea and just agreed with him finally because he had to go. But later thinking about it, I became very scared and angry and I was just on the verge of writing him a long letter explaining why he can't help me and why I can never just go to a dance and go up to guys and flirt with them and ask them for their numbers when I am about 7 years older or more than almost all of them, and explain why I belong in a corner away from everybody else instead when I decided to log in here and respond to your post.

This all makes me realize that maybe I am inadequate in being overbearing, needy, and generally too much. What I'm am trying to say is that we all have issues, MrL, and that especially here in a place like this, neurosis and insecurity runs rampant and makes our perspectives distorted. You are doing what you need to do, MrL, but I think you need real world contact, and the majority of us here at ALL can't give that to you. I'm sorry.

I know you're right, I also know I don't do well in the real world, I did not take offence, I just don't agree with the chameleon persona.

MisterLonely's kindness toward wretched creatures like me indicates that he's superhuman rather than subhuman.

Erasercrumbs said:
MisterLonely's kindness toward wretched creatures like me indicates that he's superhuman rather than subhuman.

It's a rare thing to see such an eloquently formulated statement. Which lends credence to it's poster's opinion.
As such, I second  :D

Latest posts

Back