Feeling upset, angry and depressed - girl I've met yesterday not interested in me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodent said:
Mick Travis said:
BeyondShy said:
I really do not think that because of what your race is -whatever it may be- has anything to do with it.

I've seen evidence to the contrary.

I think race distribution in the environment has a significant influence. But that doesn't mean people are more likely to be attracted to people of the same race by default. There are some studies on dating sites out there that show certain preferences between the races, also linked to gender. Counter-argument is that dating sites are full of shallow people and that these findings cannot be attributed to general population. Make of it what you will.

I wouldn't deny that belonging to a certain racial background can present an advantage or disadvantage but I still think that there are plenty of people of all races that have no problem finding a partner.

Paraiyar said:
Rodent said:
Mick Travis said:
BeyondShy said:
I really do not think that because of what your race is -whatever it may be- has anything to do with it.

I've seen evidence to the contrary.

I think race distribution in the environment has a significant influence. But that doesn't mean people are more likely to be attracted to people of the same race by default. There are some studies on dating sites out there that show certain preferences between the races, also linked to gender. Counter-argument is that dating sites are full of shallow people and that these findings cannot be attributed to general population. Make of it what you will.

I wouldn't deny that belonging to a certain racial background can present an advantage or disadvantage but I still think that there are plenty of people of all races that have no problem finding a partner.

Agreed. It's not meant to imply some absolute case anyway, just that there might be an increased difficulty as a member of a certain race in a certain environment.

GrayAndLonesome...Wow gray you really need to clam down and not take a rejection to heart like this. so what she didn\ said:
I'm feeling really down in the blues today, after having met up with a girl whom a lady paired me up with.

I thought the girl was nice, she was not too stellar looking, but decent for me.

We chatted about her family, my family, our hobbies, our occupation.

I bought her tea, and myself coffee. She then began to feel pain in her arms because of a Tdap vaccine she's received two days ago. So I let her go her way after our conversation died down.

I arrived home about 30 minutes after leaving the coffee shop.

BAM,...she sends me a text message. I thought it was a "nice to have met you" text message.

But nope. It started with a "Hey...." which I thought was rude, because she didn't even include my name, and started to ramble that I'm not a good fit for her. WTF?! We only met for 45 minutes, and she jumps to this kind of f--king conclusion that I'm not for her?

I don't know. I feel that God has let me down. I have been single for a long time, no dates during high school and didn't even budge to go to high school prom because girls rejected me because of my race/ethnicity. I had the same sh-t while in college.

I'm bitter with life because all of my former friends are all married and some of them have kids, or recently their wives gave birth to kids this year. Whereas I'm still working, started my 2nd career, training, and can't find one **** single girl who would want to set her life with me!

Latest posts

Back