Films that you truly can NOT STAND

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinzeUK

Reaction score
I know there's a similar post with "Worst films you've seen" and after recently contributing my vitriolic rant on "Moulin Rouge" on that thread, I thought I'd find out what movies that you guys and gals have seen that truly irked you beyond belief. What films have rattled you to your very core in the worst way possible? I also mentioned "Meet The Spartans" in my post on that topic so I shall include them both again here as my most hated two movies. I honestly would rather have a botched root canal than EVER be made to sit through those ungodly pieces of celluoid excrement again :club:

Ok folks, let's have 'em then....

Speed.

Literally brought me to tears with rage and annoyance.

Barney

I truly hate that purple peckerhead.

"Shadow of the Wolf" with Lou Diamond Phillips is one of the only movies I can recall walking out on- I want that 40 odd minutes of my life back!

Cloverfield. I can never get those moments of my life back. I could have been doing things 100 times better....such as.... stabbing needles into my eyes.:p

If I was single (which I am) ANY kinda chick flick. I'll sit through one for the missus but I can't stand em'.

sylvestris lybica said:
Romantic comedies are the work of Satan himself. Also, Tyler Perry movies.

I must be one of his minions then because I love romantic comedies ;) To be fair though, I am a hopeless romantic (Libran, that's my excuse). But don't get me wrong; I can totally see why they annoy the piss out of some people, especially guys. Especially single guys. Which is me. And yes I have been pissed off with them at certain times of my life.

I'm enjoying the responses so far, I agree with a few of them but Eve you take that back about "Cloverfield" :p

Keep 'em coming, kids...

(I've never seen a Tyler Perry film but from what I read/hear about them, I don't want too either)

Paranormal Activity 1 & 2

Awful movies!!! I'd rather watch ******* teletubbies, only watched them cuz they made me >.<

chick flicks. I am a chick but I hate em. all sappy movies where kids get mistreated, and all horror movies where kids are the evil ones.

Top Gun.

Only seen bits of it, but found it to be a macho cheese fest with a stupid plot.

My old English teacher summed up her own dislike of it in a rather hilarious way:

"Oh God. That load of old bollocks? It's just a bunch of men waving their willies around for two hours." :D

Ah, she was awesome...

All the Chronicles of Narnia films. How dare they mess with my childhood.

The BBC adaptation was clearly the definitive one. I will still watch pretty much anything narrated by Sam West.

That's another thing Prince Caspian is supposed to be a little boy in Prince Caspian. That's the whole thing! Then in Voyage of the Dawn Treader he's a grown man and the others are the same age. In this new remake film fiasco he's like a teen hunk.

Its all thats wrong with modern cinema.

TheSolitaryMan said:
Top Gun.

Only seen bits of it, but found it to be a macho cheese fest with a stupid plot.

My old English teacher summed up her own dislike of it in a rather hilarious way:

"Oh God. That load of old bollocks? It's just a bunch of men waving their willies around for two hours." :D

Ah, she was awesome...

You gotta admit the soundtrack is pretty awesome! :p
I agree is cheesy as hell, I still like it but I understand why someone might not...

Arsenic Queen said:
chick flicks. I am a chick but I hate em. all sappy movies where kids get mistreated, and all horror movies where kids are the evil ones.

Oddly enough I can’t stand “male” films like the Hangover or that new one, The Goon or something?

Latest posts

Back