Finding the "happy medium"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imjustme

Reaction score
Ok, so how comes it's so hard to find that "happy medium" I would love to have a contented feeling, I crave routines that others may dislike a nervous first date or even the tedious task of food shopping for a family I crave a family I really do. I do enjoy my own company to a certain degree and I think my feelings of lonely stem from being single (perhaps not 100% ) or that friends lives are taking them in different directions ( but they certainly contribute.) I guess what I'm asking is when you have such a small amount of confidence in yourself how can It be easy to meet and involve new people into your life? Im 28 years old and It's like I am watching people live there lives whilst Im standing in the wings willing my life to happen
People say I'm impatient and that life doesnt just happen in any particular order, but I don't even seem to be anywhere near

it's extremely tough. I'm in a very similar place too where i feel like im running out of time to find my "happiness" There's this sense of urgency due to all the years of sadness and despair so i have this dire urge to have everything happen now but it doesn't work that way.

You have to do things that intrinsically make you happy and feel fulfilled and those things radiate outward

I totally relate to the urgency it like if I had one or 2 things I wanted I don't think it would feel so intense but the thing is I feel I'm getting nowhere ....I am my own worst enemy

I understand only too well what you are going through, as I have been in the same boat for longer than I want to remember.

Hi Imjustme.

If you stay in the wings for much longer,they will become home to you.You need to get out and act your life out!

You aren't the only one....

I think the moment I started to really take this to heart is when I started to actually value and do stuff with my life. But you know, you can be on top and come crashing down again.... life is funny that way. I don't think anyone is really ahead in the game, even if they think they are. No matter where we are we have unique pressures and will wish we are somewhere else.

Heh, I'm rushing myself as well.

But I can very well sympathize with you and what your feeling. We just got to do the best we can to move forward.

I know the feelings all to well and I am the same the boat with everyone. In fact, it is one of the reasons of how I found this site last week. I keep thinking over and over ... is there a point where you reach an age if it matters anymore if you find someone? To much life has already passed me by.

Latest posts

Back