Firefox vs. Chrome

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which browser do you prefer?

• Total voters
kamya said:
I used firefox for many years. Everything became bloated and glitchy and every time a new version came out it just got worse. I switched to Chrome and havn't looked back. If you want a spell/grammarcheck check out After the Deadline. I use it with Chrome and it works nicely.
http://afterthedeadline.com/

Just thought I would let you know how it went. I just downloaded Chrome again and just installed after the dead line on it.

It works OK but dose not give me the correct spelling. The one on google tool bar for me is way better.

I did a simple test.

I know I can not spell "dickshonary" That's my spelling be for spell checked BTW

The spell check on Chrome told me the correct spelling was this, "discretionary"

And the one on google tool bar that I use in FireFox told me this, "dictionary"

But hay thanks for the link still. Always good to try new stuff :)

I find "google taking over the internet" a slightly worrying term...

I've used Chrome, but I actually feel it tries to be "too clever"... Everything you do in Chrome is also probably logged and stored somewhere for Google to throw into a load of analytics... wouldn't be surprised at least anyway =x

I stick with Firefox :) It's never given me any issues, and I'm very well accustomed to using it.

Thomas] said:
I find "google taking over the internet" a slightly worrying term...

I've used Chrome, but I actually feel it tries to be "too clever"... Everything you do in Chrome is also probably logged and stored somewhere for Google to throw into a load of analytics... wouldn't be surprised at least anyway =x

I stick with Firefox :) It's never given me any issues, and I'm very well accustomed to using it.

Hehe, they do it so well and nobody argues.

Google really does log everything, but that includes Google search too so even by using Firefox you're really never safe. Except if you use Bing.. o__O

I like firefox too, and it hasn't had any bugs since they fixed the ones I was originally ranting about. I'm so lazy to change. xD

Bing. I lol'd.

But yes you have a point :) But I, like you perhaps, am just like... ergh... switch? noooo this one works okayyyyy.... don't make me go through the effort of changing :( * super sad lazy face *

As far as I am aware chrome is not open source. I think that open source software is the thing of the future and so use firefox.

Not that I am into programing or anything, but I get sick of the crap that is made that you have to pay for.

Thomas] said:
Bing. I lol'd.

But yes you have a point :) But I, like you perhaps, am just like... ergh... switch? noooo this one works okayyyyy.... don't make me go through the effort of changing :( * super sad lazy face *

:O That's EXACTLY my train of thought. :D

I used to run Explorer until I switched to Firefox in 2008, I love it despite the fact that most of my plug-ins no longer work with the current version (e.g. my fingerprint reader).

Skorian said:
Perhaps some of you should try reinstalling firefox.

The main problem really is just that they rushed their newer versions and so there are so many glitches/incompatibilities. Updating should be enough. I think I'm worse off because I'm using the beta Firefox nightly and too lazy to switch back to a more stable version. xP

Skorian said:
As far as I am aware chrome is not open source. I think that open source software is the thing of the future and so use firefox.

Not that I am into programing or anything, but I get sick of the crap that is made that you have to pay for.
The cool thing though is that even though chrome isn't open source, there is an open source version of chrome called chromium.

Google's a great little browser but it's an adware magnet. Firefox gave me hassles a few versions back so i've mainly been using
IE9 of late. On another note, there's a great program out there called SUPERantispyware, it gets stuff your antivirus misses. Shouldn't harm
your current antivirus software, just cleans up after it.

Latest posts

Back