first date help?!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xeta

Reaction score
Ok, i wasn't sure where exactly to put this thread, but i figured this is the best spot. So sorry if it is in the wrong area.

But, i recently was just accepted for a date (after about a million no's :) )! However, i have absolutely no clue what i am doing. This is the first date i have ever been on in my life. Ive gotten some advice from others so i think most of my problems are answered. But i do need some huge help with this : i want to get like one or maybe two little small cute things as a surprise gift. she really loves that kinda stuff, so i want to get something. any ideas please? thank you!!!

heres a fact i think will help: we have been really close friends for a while. we basically know each other inside and out. so its not like shes new and i dont know her well. any help is appreciated!

Xeta said:
Ok, i wasn't sure where exactly to put this thread, but i figured this is the best spot. So sorry if it is in the wrong area.

But, i recently was just accepted for a date (after about a million no's :) )! However, i have absolutely no clue what i am doing. This is the first date i have ever been on in my life. Ive gotten some advice from others so i think most of my problems are answered. But i do need some huge help with this : i want to get like one or maybe two little small cute things as a surprise gift. she really loves that kinda stuff, so i want to get something. any ideas please? thank you!!!

heres a fact i think will help: we have been really close friends for a while. we basically know each other inside and out. so its not like shes new and i dont know her well. any help is appreciated!

Flowers and chocolates. Don't forget to take some condoms with. Good luck! :)

Thanks! I've heard very mixed responses about flowers on a first date.
And does anyone else have any ideas or input? Anything works! i need all the ideas i can get

A dead fish, or a severed horse head. Throw it in her lap before she can leave her car and sneer at her menacingly and tell her it's her last warning before 'lights out'.

Alternatively, you could get her like a small box of truffles or something. Give it to her before saying goodnight.

Anyway, goodluck!

Brian said:
A dead fish, or a severed horse head. Throw it in her lap before she can leave her car and sneer at her menacingly and tell her it's her last warning before 'lights out'.

hahahahahaha!

but thank you much!

Just be in the moment and lower your expectations.
Just be yourself and have fun.
Think of it as one of many, many, dates to come.

Take her to places of activities...so you'll minimize those fuckie...nothing to say moments.

And don't forget to asked her ..if she's avaliable to do somethings else next weekend.
You don't have to kiss her on the first day...If she lets you hold her hand...then do so.

If she makes body contact with you...She's giving you hints it's okay to hold her hands
and stuff like that. She might just tap you on your arms, tugging at your arms or tap you on
the shoulders....

That's why dates with activities are cool, becuase during the course of the activities...you'll
make body contacts.

At the end of the date..if she standing there..looking kind of stupid, waiting for you to say something...
Kiss her...lol
Or you can just give her a hug....

Just be yourself and show confidence. Be humorous, and don't let her beauty intimidate you. Remember, women love confidence ! Try taking her somewhere that is fun like maybe mini golf or go-carting. It sounds cheesy, but it's a great chance to get to know her AND have fun. Also, try not to buy her heart that often. I use to buy my one ex a lot of gifts for each date and she just used me. I've gotten better results by giving her the gift of my personality and humor over gifts.

Have fun and relax. Worst comes to worst, you will at least gain a friend out of the deal.

Congratulations! Lonesome has some good advice there. Since you know this girl for a while, a little something would be nice - something that she likes; but don't overdo it, because after all, it's only the first date. It's also important to not get too excited and think too far ahead into the future - just enjoy the moment.

Have fun and keep us posted! :)

Everyone here has given you some real good advice and I would just be rambling on the obvious. Instead of a bunch of flowers I would suggest only one. Try not to be giving so much when you haven't even had one date yet. Stay away from the chocolates though. Have fun and enjoy yourself. I wish you the best and good luck.

fadingaway22 said:
Just be yourself and show confidence. Be humorous, and don't let her beauty intimidate you. Remember, women love confidence ! Try taking her somewhere that is fun like maybe mini golf or go-carting. It sounds cheesy, but it's a great chance to get to know her AND have fun. Also, try not to buy her heart that often. I use to buy my one ex a lot of gifts for each date and she just used me. I've gotten better results by giving her the gift of my personality and humor over gifts.

Have fun and relax. Worst comes to worst, you will at least gain a friend out of the deal.

I agree. Don't worry about getting her anything yet...just have a good time. It's better to not think of it as, or call it, a date...women seem to hate that. That way you can still have all of the fun, without so much nervousness.

I came up with a new one straight out of my own book of Pro Tips.

Don't throw up. And remember to breathe.

Thank you very much Lonesome Crow, fadingaway22, Tramp, DayvanCowboy, and Snow!!!!

Unacceptance said:
If you know her so well, you shouldn't have to ask.

Haha i know its kind of a paradox. I know a bunch of things i can get her, i just didn't know if they qualified as first-date material.

And thanks Brian lol.

Xeta said:
Thank you very much Lonesome Crow, fadingaway22, Tramp, DayvanCowboy, and Snow!!!!

Unacceptance said:
If you know her so well, you shouldn't have to ask.

Haha i know its kind of a paradox. I know a bunch of things i can get her, i just didn't know if they qualified as first-date material.

And thanks Brian lol.

Instead of letting strangers suggest random stuff they have no clue one, give them a list or idea and maybe get opinions on what's better to pick. Otherwise you'll end up with nutjobs like me suggesting you buy her a machine gun.

BEWARE my friend, these things are tricky. Don't go all out giving her gifts at first. Don't spend $300 on the first date. DO get her something small but with meaning (i.e. if she likes Spongebob get her something related to that). Start out small. Don't overwhelm her at first; take it from one who's made that mistake enough.

Lonesome Crow said:
Just be in the moment and lower your expectations.
Just be yourself and have fun.
Think of it as one of many, many, dates to come.

Take her to places of activities...so you'll minimize those fuckie...nothing to say moments.

And don't forget to asked her ..if she's avaliable to do somethings else next weekend.
You don't have to kiss her on the first day...If she lets you hold her hand...then do so.

If she makes body contact with you...She's giving you hints it's okay to hold her hands
and stuff like that. She might just tap you on your arms, tugging at your arms or tap you on
the shoulders....

That's why dates with activities are cool, becuase during the course of the activities...you'll
make body contacts.

At the end of the date..if she standing there..looking kind of stupid, waiting for you to say something...
Kiss her...lol
Or you can just give her a hug....

Haha, That was actually a very useful post. One question though? Do slaps around the face count has body contact and a sign that she wants a kiss? LMAO

Latest posts

Back