Forum Friendship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you made friends?

• I have made friends

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • I have struggled to make friends

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
P

Poguesy

Simple one.

Who here feels they have made good friends with other people on this forum?

Equally, who has struggled to make any friends whilst here?

Is there anyone that lurks about and speaks to no-one?

There's probably lots of people that lurk here and don't say anything because lots of people suffer from social anxiety here. I've made lots of friends here, they've come and gone. A good method is to speak to people in IM or in the chat room. That's how i've made friends here. I don't go in chat as much anymore, I've become more of a poster as time has gone on but occasionally i'll pop into the chatroom and say hi. I find postin gon the forum is less likely tomake friends unless you reach out to someone in PM, somehow make your experience here more personal and immediate. Forum posts have a way of making me and i assume others feel more emotionally removed from other people.

I have made a few, but I'm rather quiet until I get to know someone better.

Have not made any friends here. I am petrified of Chat have never tried it and I also think because of the age gap.

Peter Lorre said:
I have made some great friends on this site/

And a wife-to-be if you ever get your arse out of Belgium. :cool:

I've also made some friends on the forum.

I voted, "I have struggled to make friends", but it is not entirely accurate, as I have not tried for that.

There are a few that I consider friends in a way, or at least cool people that I enjoy hearing from.

I am somewhat friends with ak5 and the Weezer girl (forget her name, just remember her tag.) I also get along well with most people here (although had a spat with VanillaCreme.)

I haven't really formed friendships here, like I have on other forums, because I've only been an active member for about a month. On the social anxiety forum, for example, I have 7 thousand posts and 70 people in my buddy list, and a wall filled with posts.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I am somewhat friends with ak5 and the Weezer girl (forget her name, just remember her tag.) I also get along well with most people here (although had a spat with VanillaCreme.)

I haven't really formed friendships here, like I have on other forums, because I've only been an active member for about a month. On the social anxiety forum, for example, I have 7 thousand posts and 70 people in my buddy list, and a wall filled with posts.

You can't remember your friends name :p Her name's Hoffy :)

Pezza said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

You can't remember your friends name :p Her name's Hoffy :)

Thank you!

I do better with avatars and writing styles. I am very forgetful of names, even screennames. It's my ADD kicking in.

I've made some good pen pals here. But it wasn't easy. Lots of folks just come and go.

Barbaloot said:
Peter Lorre said:
I have made some great friends on this site/

And a wife-to-be if you ever get your arse out of Belgium. :cool:

I've also made some friends on the forum.
He must hurry :p

And yeah i've made a lot of great friends here. They're all awesome people.

swanlake said:
Have not made any friends here. I am petrified of Chat have never tried it and I also think because of the age gap.

What age gap?

I've made some friends on here,and one or two enemies,but that's life.:cool:

That depends on what you mean by 'friend'. There are people I dislike, people I have no opinions of, people I like, and a few people I like very much. No idea how mutual those feelings are, though, for good or bad. :D

Bread said:
I've made some good pen pals here. But it wasn't easy. Lots of folks just come and go.
Sometimes I wonder why so many new members leave so soon. I understand that newbies can be intimidated being the new ones to the forum, but even some still leave even though they are treated good by the members.

Latest posts

Back