Friends wanted... throwing out a bunch of interests here...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lithiumflower

Reaction score
This is probably a long shot, but I figured I'd give it a try. I was hoping to find an online friend around these parts that may share some of my interests. I'm sorry that this post is so long, but I figured that the more interests I share the better of chance I may have in finding someone interested in chatting.

I'm Jenn. I'm a twenty-nine year old black female. I live with avoidant personality disorder, social anxiety and depression. I don't drive, so I use public transportation to get around. I'm a homebody. I spend most of my time watching movies and tv shows online, listening to urban fantasy audio books and playing MMOs and single player games on my PC.

I've been Data Processor for the past five years to pay the bills.

I guess the best way to go about this is to list the things I'm into and hope someone bites.

- Urban Fantasy books: I like The Fever Series (Karen Marie Moning), Anita Blake Series (Laurell K. Hamilton), The Hollows Series (Kim Harrison), Georgina Kincaid Series (Richelle Mead) and many, many more.

- Movies: The Social Network, Fight Club, Stay, Away We Go, Garden State, I Love Your Work, Wicker Park, London, The Dreamers, 28 Days Later, 30 Days of Night, Silent Hill, Serenity, The Matrix, Star Wars, Underworld, Shaun of the Dead, Queen of the Damned, Donnie Darko, Sky High and tons more.

- TV: Fringe, Misfits, Lost Girl, The Vampire Diaries, The Office, True Blood, The Guild, The Walking Dead, Firefly, Dollhouse, The X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daria, Moonlight, Blood Ties, and a few others.

- Anime: Gantz, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Kimi ni Todoke, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vampire Knight, Gunslinger Girl, Devil May Cry, Hellsing, Ergo Proxy, Noein, Witch Hunter Robin, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Scrapped Princess, Serial Experiments: Lain, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Ouran High School Host Club, Death Note, Bleach, Trinity Blood, Blood+, The Wallflower and more.

- Musicians/Bands: Chiasm, Collide, Android Lust, Linkin Park, Lacuna Coil, Portishead, Sneaker Pimps, Air, Tom and Andy, NIN, Thievery Corporation, Kidney Thieves, Massive Attack and more.

Soundtracks: Fight Club, Wicker Park, Loving Annabelle, The Matrix, The Animatrix, Queen of the Damned, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Bleach, Death Note, Gunslinger Girl, Witch Hunter Robin, Noein, Cowboy Bebop and more.

Genres: Trip-Hop, Ambient, Chill Out, Trance, D&B, (almost anything Down tempo), Dubstep, video game soundtracks, some R&B, some pop… also, 2NE1, BoA, Se7en, (Bi) Rain.

- Games: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (1&2), Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age & Dragon Age II, I've also play through some of The Longest Journey and Dreamfall… haven't finished them yet though. I've played Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest II, WoW (till about level 46), Guild Wars, Hellgate: London, The Matrix Online and a few others.

-----

I took a test over at similarminds.com which told me I was an INFP. Just about all of the words describe me…

[creative, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer...

easily distracted, does not like crowds, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter-culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic]

---

For anyone that actually didn't get bored two paragraphs into this, thanks for reading. I hope to make some new friends eventually...

Wow **** most of your interests mirror mine, except the k-pop music. Welcome to the site.

I've seen and approve of all of those anime, except Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Serial Experiments Lain is probably my favorite, and I have a wall scroll of Gunslinger Girls rolled up somewhere :). I haven't watched anime in a while though. You would probably like Welcome to NHK. I haven't read much urban fantasy but I'm right in the middle of the Anita Blake series. It just turned from bad-ass necromancer chick to nothing but sex. It started out amazing but I dunno if I will be finishing the series >>.

I've played a few MMO's but not any of the ones you listed. And...I've never met another person who has played The Longest Journey + Dreamfall.
I don't live near PA but you can pm me anyways if you want to.

Awesome! Lain is the first one I saw that really got me into anime. I actually have a Lain wall scroll. I've wanted to watch Welcome NHK but never got around to it. I'll have to readd it to my 'to watch' list!

I agree about the Anita Blake series. It started off as an amazing story and has pretty much jumped the shark. I will keep reading those because at nearly 20 books, I'm pretty much invested in the story, even if I'm not a huge fan of where it has been going lately.

Eventually I need to finish The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. From what I've played they are amazing games. I'm not sure if you've heard about the MMO that Ragnar Tørnquist is behind (if you didn't already know but probably do, who is behind those two games), called The Secret World. There are a few CGI trailers and a couple game play trailers out. I think with Ragnar's ability to engage you in story, I think that game will be pretty fun whenever it comes out eventually.

I don't mind at all that you aren't near PA, I'd like to find any friend online to chat with. Thanks for responding :) I'll PM you soon.

kamya said:
Wow **** most of your interests mirror mine, except the k-pop music. Welcome to the site.

I've seen and approve of all of those anime, except Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Serial Experiments Lain is probably my favorite, and I have a wall scroll of Gunslinger Girls rolled up somewhere :). I haven't watched anime in a while though. You would probably like Welcome to NHK. I haven't read much urban fantasy but I'm right in the middle of the Anita Blake series. It just turned from bad-ass necromancer chick to nothing but sex. It started out amazing but I dunno if I will be finishing the series >>.

I've played a few MMO's but not any of the ones you listed. And...I've never met another person who has played The Longest Journey + Dreamfall.
I don't live near PA but you can pm me anyways if you want to.

Man... that is one long beautiful list. I like to listen to NIN, Sneaker Pimps and Lacuna Coil too.
Afew years back, I've played afew MMOs like Diablo 2 but none as of recent as I've gotten caught up with mundane real-life matters. =_=
The thought, "Hmm.. She seems like an INFP." had popped in my head while I was reading through your post. Anyhow, I was pretty surprised that I was right!
... uhm, INTP girl here. *grins sheepishly*

Mmm.. Just throwing this one out here but, I tend to come off as calm and polite. I like people but at the same time, hate them as well. I want to form connections with others but I'm not as concerned about that anymore as I feel too alien. It's a shame when people start idealizing you, show interest in you and then suddenly it hits them like a ton of bricks that you're not what you look to be.

So, I can be perfectly fine on my own. I'm pretty avoidant, tend to detach from my emotions and then dissect them *creepy laughter*. Kidding, It's the only way I can understand them.
If you ever want to have a chat, feel free to send me a message!

Hi Jenn. I would love to be your online friend. We have quite a bit in common I think...

I love playing games on my PC too! RPG games are my favorite. I completed Dragon Age 2 not long ago. Can't understand why bioware decided to change Alistair's face. I thought he was pretty hunky in Origins. ; )

Do pm me if you want to chat.

Latest posts

Back