Any other manga/anime-obsessed people out here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like anime and/or manga?

• Eh, they're OK. I have better things to do with my time, though.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rain

Reaction score
And if there are, then do you guys think you're spending way too much time reading manga/watching anime on the computer when you should be socializing?

I do. Death Note, Fruits Basket, Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Princess, DN Angel, FMA...the list goes on and on. Most people my age haven't even heard of those before, which sucks, because it makes them less relatable (for me, at least). I wish I had someone to watch and discuss anime/read manga with. Since I don't have many people I can talk to, regarding the fact I don't have much in common with most, anime & manga are like drugs -- addictions, escapes from reality. Much like drawing, actually.

I have spent soooo much time on the internet for those two things. My social skills have been kind of withering even more due to that. But well, I can't help myself. Sometimes I just feel as if fiction is ... better than real life, which is why I spend a LOT of time reading fantasy books too.

I don't know what to do about it. I guess I have to find a balance between time spent online and time spent with real people. Which means I have to somehow rid myself of this social anxiety I've built up over the years *sigh* Well I'm going to have to get over it eventually if I hope to have any kind of social life. Which I definitely do, it's just, I'm so used to this lethargic-ish lifestyle I've set for myself, it's going to be hard to change it.

Anyway. Enough with my rambling. What about you?

I know what you mean Rain, Im going through the same thing too

I dont have that many people I can talk to about anime and manga, usually I have to enjoy them by myself because I dont really have anyone to talk to about them. Its hard to find people out there who like manga and anime :(

Sometimes reading manga and watching anime feels better that real life. Real life can be a pain and they are my addiction, my way of escaping the real world. Id rather not face the real world and whats happening in it, so I escape with reading manga. It helps to some degree.

I am trying to let go of reading so much manga and I'm trying to be more open socially with other people. I guess ive engrossed myself so much with reading manga and being on the internet that I have come off to other people as being antisocial as well..makes me sad sometimes :(

So whenever you want to talk, feel free to PM me whenever you want :) Im also looking for someone to talk to about anime and manga and video games. ^^

Anyone else looking for someone to talk to, feel free to PM me as well :D

I go on binges.
I would watch 20-40 episodes in a week.
Then I would not watch any for a couple of months.

I have never really cared for japanimation, but seeing as how the company I aspire to work for imports, produces, edits and redistributes anime in the states, maybe I ought to become more interested.

Sorry...this means very little to me. Not sure what you are on about...but then again...being in my late 30's I still have to experience some of the finer points of life lol.

I definitely know what you're talking about. Sometimes I think this is the reason that made me so introverted. XD I used to spend a lot of time watching anime and reading manga, but I slowly grew out of it though. I occasionally read and watch it from time to time.

None of my friends like it either, or doesn't know what it is. I have a hard time bringing the subject up, like it shouldn't matter if they don't know what it is, I should show them what it is. But I can't seem to do it because I'm afraid they'll think I'm a weirdo for liking 'cartoons'. lol And because of that, I don't really share anything in common with my friends anymore.

Anime rocks.... Some are just cute to watch...But there are some anime i think, have become draggy....like bleach and naruto...yeah.

Rain said:
And if there are, then do you guys think you're spending way too much time reading manga/watching anime on the computer when you should be socializing?

I do. Death Note, Fruits Basket, Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Princess, DN Angel, FMA...the list goes on and on. Most people my age haven't even heard of those before, which sucks, because it makes them less relatable (for me, at least). I wish I had someone to watch and discuss anime/read manga with. Since I don't have many people I can talk to, regarding the fact I don't have much in common with most, anime & manga are like drugs -- addictions, escapes from reality. Much like drawing, actually.

I have spent soooo much time on the internet for those two things. My social skills have been kind of withering even more due to that. But well, I can't help myself. Sometimes I just feel as if fiction is ... better than real life, which is why I spend a LOT of time reading fantasy books too.

I don't know what to do about it. I guess I have to find a balance between time spent online and time spent with real people. Which means I have to somehow rid myself of this social anxiety I've built up over the years *sigh* Well I'm going to have to get over it eventually if I hope to have any kind of social life. Which I definitely do, it's just, I'm so used to this lethargic-ish lifestyle I've set for myself, it's going to be hard to change it.

Anyway. Enough with my rambling. What about you?

Can you suggest any good manga to me? I like comedies and romance manga

my name happens to have the word anime in it!!! :D :D :D

i have hosted a few anime trading parties where we all bring in DVDs to expand our collections, rain and rebel001 you should look into that too!

also this might sound obnoxious, but rebel001 you're a girl from what i can tell by your avatar. alot of guys LOVE watching movies/anime with girls. invite one over to your place to watch anime with!

ohh man. i used to hate anime, so in middle school, when my friend from taiwan let me borrow the first dvd to vandread, i wasnt expecting much (i rewatched that disk three/four times in that same night)... but omfg, it was like crystal meth, shrooms, weed, whatever, all rolled into one injection. it was one of the most amazing things ive ever seen. well its been about five years since then, and after over a hundred series, im still into it. though im a closet fan. and im not "obsessed" per se - its just a fun hobby

though i have to admit, imo 90% of the anime out there is... crap. but that shouldnt deter any new person from trying it out - its the same ratio with movies anyways...

I love reading mangas ever since I was little, I even thought of being an illustrator or a mangaka :D
I still read them now, I can't say I'm obsessed with them because there're barely a few series I read nowadays since I'm really picky, and I just read whatever long series I've started reading a long time ago (even though some of them started becoming repetitive and the story has been dragging on forever), however they don't take a lot of time to read, so it's still my hobby, I can't see myself living without mangas though, I just adore some of their art.

I don't watch animes anymore, I used to when I was younger, but they're really time consuming, not to mention I don't find the tv series animations that spectacular, I guess I just became more picky and narrowminded over the years, and not willing to sacrifice my time to appreciate them.

There was no option on your poll for "Yeah, I know what anime is but I think it's absolute crap".

I must be one of the few nerdy lonely guys in the world who isn't into it I guess.

somedude said:
There was no option on your poll for "Yeah, I know what anime is but I think it's absolute crap".

I must be one of the few nerdy lonely guys in the world who isn't into it I guess.

Pointless....

Latest posts

Back