Friends? Worth it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ashariel said:
I'm giving some serious thought lately to letting down my walls, and allowing casual friends the chance to become trusted lifelong friends. I've had so many experiences in the past that I've learned to simply not trust anyone, in order to protect myself... But now I'm thinking it's time to let people in again, even if I might end up getting hurt :/

It's all right to let people in and be good friends with you. Just have to practice caution and not put all your trust in them 100%. It's like in everything you do in life, you live it, and with everything that you do in life, just be careful. :)

Barbaloot said:
I don't think most people are worth it.

But then I'm not good at the whole having friends thing. I'm too guarded to open up to most people and I'm too intolerant to deal with them acting like they're insane and subjecting me to unnecessary drama. Or what ever other nonsense they want to subject me to.
I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'll never have a really good, close friend. Every 'friend' so far who has passed through my life has been highly disappointing and very temporary so now I don't even want to bother.

I'm sorry to hear about that Barbaloot. :\

I must say that it is rather difficult or rare to find a very true good friend.

I never had a friend, but I can tell ya this. Having friends, even one special friend is awesome, if they really like you can understand you.

It's something I dreamed my entire life almost. Not a day goes by, I don't think of it. You CAN have a friends, just remember that you stand a chance, at least one will come by. I wish you luck in finding someone!

Latest posts

Back