Getting over someone you truly do love.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true!

How long has it been since you broke up with this girl Frozensoul? I remember for a long time i couldnt really move on either, as if i was stuck in the past, but time kinda helped me i think.
It also helps to meet new girls, new love always makes you forget old ones for a significant part.;)

I don't think about my old girlfriend..as long as she finds some happiness good luck to her..some people just were not meant to be together..

@Xerox: Well we only made it official about a month ago. I call it a break up, but we were never officially together. We sort of held the status of friends with benefits for several years... and I hide my emotions until it was too late. So the wound is still very fresh. But I am working through it. Talking with her has really helped. She has even given me hope that I might get another chance.

XD funny thing I met a new girl like a week after we were officially only friends. That has helped as well... well and been detrimental... it is complicated. Yes meeting someone new definitely helps.

You can totally get over it. The circumstances regarding the break-up often determine how long it takes. I think abandonment is supposed to be the worse and, according to studies, that takes about two years to get over. It's something you have to work at though. You have to try and get over it, or those wounds just fester over time.

I realized something, while playing a cover of a song with some friends. It wasn't what it seemed. I did truly love her in every aspect. When noticed we were at these lyrics "Dying slowing in my arms, such an easy way to break the ice." The song was the impact of reason (underoath) our cover is basicly a female doing the screaming, and a few lyrical differences. It was really a mind opener really.

To summurize. She loved me in a different way. I was just a lifeline to her when she needed me. I have no issue with that. I hate how she said she loved me, when she just needed someone to talk to. to help her out.

It's hard, it really is. You see them in everything. With time maybe though you see that when someone means enough to you they can take their place no matter how hurtful that might sound.

AFrozenSoul said:
It is nice how theraputic and insightful music can be.

Its funny, because we ripped a lot of their original lyrics out. We made that cover (lyric wise) years ago...

AFrozenSoul said:
It is kind of funny how most people just seek to replace their first love.

Also i agree. You don't stop loving someone. Ever.

AFrozenSoul said:
Which means that if you are not someones first love you are just a replacement. That is kind of depressiing.

Not necessarily. A person can love more than one person at the same time.

A part of me will always love my ex, even despite the way in which we parted. That in NO WAY means that the next woman I love (if it happens) will be a replacement...not at all. It also DOES NOT mean that I would ever return to be back with my ex. It just means that a part of me will always care for her situation...and want the best for her.

I look forward to days ahead. I know I'll find love again...it's only a matter of time until I do.

@Badjedidude: I guess that is how I feel right now about love. My heart wants the love that I cannot have so it has to find someone else to get that love from. Plus if given the chance I would go back to the girl who I once loved. That is just me though.

AFrozenSoul said:
Ursus Veritas said:
Also i agree. You don't stop loving someone. Ever.
Which means that if you are not someones first love you are just a replacement. That is kind of depressiing.

You never stop loving them. Who said they loved in you in the first place anyways...

Ursus Veritas said:
You never stop loving them. Who said they loved in you in the first place anyways...
Well in my case, she said she loved me. She just wants to believe I don't love her and never wanted her. If I don't find someone else to really love this love is going to destroy me.

"Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a
wonderful stroke of luck."

-- Dalai Lama

i'm just fresh out of a relationship with a cheating slut, and i did love her. its been a month now so everything is still fresh but what i found is that i did love her so much and i've never trusted anyone so much in my entire life. i do think time is a healer and my god does it suck. but someday i will meet someone. and i will love again. the reason i still love grace so much is because she was my world. but after being in an emotional abusive relationship i'm just trying to spend some time with me. and my god does the loneliness get to you. i felt suicidal for a while. loneliness is an unbareable feeling no one should ever have to feel. and nobody will ever be able to understand the feeling unless they feel it themselves.

now i'm starting to get better. i think of her less everyday. i'm making time for me. to discover who i am again. how can i expect anyone to love me unless i love myself.......

it is tough but i will move on. and people you gotta remember something.
there not wasting anytime thinking bout you so why are we wasting time thinking bout them.

what helps me too is i know i'm causing these feelings to emerge. so i stop myself during the day.
just wish i could control my dreams. i hate sleeping. every night i dream only of her.
when i get past this stage i know i'll be free......

and your firsts love is the one you always remember because its the person you give your to openly. the next time i'll be more careful. doesn't mean she'll be a replacement. it'll just mean i'll be wiser about hurting my heart (and my god does that sound gay!)

To me time is not a bandage you can just wrap your heart with. Love is an umbilical cord that you and another are attached to. And because of that, it is a connection like no other. One that can't be stitched or heal on is own once severed. the only thing time does for you is show you how to go about looking for that same type of connection again. And even if you find that same type of connection again, you'll always bring something that was left over from your last connection along with you.

with me meeting her briefly ten years later...

that put an end to it

i was still in love with my idealised version of her in my head

a person, who until recently it didnt dawn on me, she never actually was

cheers
G.

Latest posts

Back