girls, am i ugly? I cant get a GF

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arqe88

Reaction score
I'm 22 years old and I've never had a girlfriend. Girls just don't seem to notice me for some reason, or am i just blind ? I just don't get why it seems so easy for the people around me to get girlfriends. :(

here are some pics of me:

Not ugly, do you approach girls?
22 is young. Girls hardly notice guys based on looks alone. I imagine that most people talk to a lot of females and eventually end up falling for one, and she falls for them.

If you arent talking to many females.. it is not your looks. It's that you arent socializing with them.

Getting a girlfriend doesnt go like.

He's hot=girl notices you=girlfriend.

It's more like

He is talking to me=It's nice getting to know this guy=He's a great person=I'm in like/love=girlfriend
OR
She is talking to me=It's nice getting to know this girl=She's a great person=I'm in like/love=girlfriend

So start talking to more females. Talk, talk, talk. And dont wait for them to approach you. You are the guy after all.

If you see a pretty girl, walk up to her and say 'You are beautiful'.
Or if you see a girl you think you would like to know, go up to her and say 'Hi, I'm arqe, would you like to be friends?'
If she ask why.. say 'You seem really interesting and I would just like to get to know you'

Or just find other ways to make friends with females, talk more to the females in you classes or at your job..etc.

jales said:
Not ugly, do you approach girls?
22 is young. Girls hardly notice guys based on looks alone. I imagine that most people talk to a lot of females and eventually end up falling for one, and she falls for them.

If you arent talking to many females.. it is not your looks. It's that you arent socializing with them.

Getting a girlfriend doesnt go like.

He's hot=girl notices you=girlfriend.

It's more like

He is talking to me=It's nice getting to know this guy=He's a great person=I'm in like/love=girlfriend
OR
She is talking to me=It's nice getting to know this girl=She's a great person=I'm in like/love=girlfriend

So start talking to more females. Talk, talk, talk. And dont wait for them to approach you. You are the guy after all.

If you see a pretty girl, walk up to her and say 'You are beautiful'.
Or if you see a girl you think you would like to know, go up to her and say 'Hi, I'm arqe, would you like to be friends?'
If she ask why.. say 'You seem really interesting and I would just like to get to know you'

Or just find other ways to make friends with females, talk more to the females in you classes or at your job..etc.

I dont know what to talk to girls about!!, besides the empty and superficial conversations wich i dislike. Plus im shy and have low self confidance and i find it hard to talk to people i dont know very well especialy girls im intrested in, i start to get slighty nevious and stumble and stutter a little when talking. Maybe i shall just to give up on love all together? maybe having a relationship with a girl is not meant for everyone.,

Ive always gotten the best results with

Hi Im ___, I just wanted to make sure i introduced myself properly. It's nice to meet you.

Sometimes dude, less is more. Be articulate and smile, if she smiles back it's a good sign.

Next time you see her, make sure you say hi and make eye contact. If a conversation starts, your on the right path..

Edit: I wouldn't start as strong as "I think your beautiful", atleast not the first time I talked to someone. Thats just me though.

Yea Noah is right, I think youre beautiful more says that you just like her for her looks. Many women would think to reject a guy just for this. Not all, but many good girls will.

What Noah says is right though..

But listen dont give up on love.

1) you are only 22
2) all you need is to be brave enough to talk to women.

It's hard, but you have to talk to them. Even if you get rejected the first 50 times, you have to talk to them.. and develop relationships...

But yes I didnt answer the question...what to talk to girls about

My opinion: I have no clue but maybe whatever is on your mind will work.
Ask them if they get nervous when talking to strangers?

Or ask them what they study? where they work? what they do for fun? what was the last movie they saw... just whatever comes to your head in that second.

NEVER plan out what you will say to a female before you talk to her (my opinion).
Women like to see honesty. Even if it is goofy. We like to see a guy speak from his heart in a sense, and conversations just go soooo much more natural when you go with the flow.. and speak as things arise.

I have to go to bed now.. but trust me you arent ugly... quite the opposite actually. :p

Oh Hell...yes...another self cock blocker.
I hope he never gets it...

More single avaliable women for me!!:0

arqe88, you're nice looking. I think what Noah and Jales said is right on. Also if you don't know what to talk about ask her questions to see what she is interested in. Like, what kind of music are you into, or a nice simple compliment on her hair or top is another simple way. Good luck. Don't give up though. Never give up. :)

You have a weird stare that I see on alot of dudes who never get laid. You're body language is probably bad. You have some fat in your face which you should probably lose. Start working out. Bulk and cut. Then you'll be "hot". I'd have to see your wardrobe. PM me for details.

Hmm,
I don't think you're a bad looking guy,

How confident are you?
Confidence usually makes a guy a lot more appealing, even if he isn't the best looking.

C'mon, you're good looking! Just a sad look. Do you study? Intelligence is aphrodisiac,
and you have the looks of an intelligent guy. And shyness sometimes is cute..
Give yourself time. There are a lot of guys older than you that never dated. Just try
to go to a party, drink something to relax a bit, and go for it! It would be nice for you to hang
out with some experienced guys so you can learn how they approach girls.

moonlight70 said:
C'mon, you're good looking! Just a sad look. Do you study? Intelligence is aphrodisiac,
Give yourself time. There are a lot of guys older than you that never dated. Just try
to go to a party, drink something to relax a bit, and go for it! It would be nice for you to hang

I'm in the second semester of my freshman year of college, an for some reason I'm just not into the party life. Never was. And the only girls that approached me, were all hookers, pathetic huh ?

arqe88 said:
moonlight70 said:

I'm in the second semester of my freshman year of college, an for some reason I'm just not into the party life. Never was. And the only girls that approached me, were all hookers, pathetic huh ?

Attend parties that are small and have alcohol. About 20 people. Make sure the girl to guy ratio is like 5 dudes and 15 girls. Drink enough to say what you want but not so much that you act ******* retarded.

I usually find a cute but shy, nervous and geeky looking girl and I strike up a conversation with her. The geeky girls are turned on by my muscles and shard wardrobe, and all I have to do is act like a sensitive gentleman. (this does NOT work if you are ugly, nerdy, or creepy looking, just FYI).

SocratesX said:
Attend parties that are small and have alcohol. About 20 people. Make sure the girl to guy ratio is like 5 dudes and 15 girls. Drink enough to say what you want but not so much that you act ******* retarded.

I usually find a cute but shy, nervous and geeky looking girl and I strike up a conversation with her. The geeky girls are turned on by my muscles and shard wardrobe, and all I have to do is act like a sensitive gentleman. (this does NOT work if you are ugly, nerdy, or creepy looking, just FYI).

Please stop. Your posts make me want to vomit out my eyeballs.

What you claim to KNOW about women and what we want would fit in the bottom of a thimble.

What you DON'T know is enormous.

To the OP: you're not ugly at all. I can see maybe some uncertainty or a lack of confidence, but that does not make you ugly. It's true that confidence in a person (man or woman) is an attractive quality, but you're young, and the girls around you are still young - too young probably to see the difference between real confidence and arrogance.

I'd say, try faking the confidence at first. You'd be surprised how a little bit of attention can build confidence, ad then it's like the snowball effect.

tangerinedream said:
SocratesX said:

Please stop. Your posts make me want to vomit out my eyeballs.

What you claim to KNOW about women and what we want would fit in the bottom of a thimble.

What you DON'T know is enormous.

To the OP: you're not ugly at all. I can see maybe some uncertainty or a lack of confidence, but that does not make you ugly. It's true that confidence in a person (man or woman) is an attractive quality, but you're young, and the girls around you are still young - too young probably to see the difference between real confidence and arrogance.

I'd say, try faking the confidence at first. You'd be surprised how a little bit of attention can build confidence, ad then it's like the snowball effect.

The bolded part makes ME want to vomit my eyeballs out.

You can't FAKE confidence. It will be a failboat sailing to failville.

My female friends have said before "I dig a guy who's cocky, but only if he has something to be cocky about".

Girls hate guys who are confident when they have nothing to be confident about.

That's where I disagree. It is possible to be confident about a "kick ass personality".

I've seen total Quasimoto lookalikes pick up chicks because they could carry on a good verbal back-and-forth with women. While I stood there going "derrrrr" like a dimwit!

:D

I used to wear ripped jeans on purpose in HS until in my mid 20s after I settle down to raise a family.
My HSGF was a preacher's duaghter. Homely sweet looking type of gal.

I also changed my wardrob and hair style before I started dating again..this time.
Yeap...the badboy sort of look. Stud belts, cool buckles, Wrist bands instead of my watch.
These items are hidden but it"ll show from time to time.
Tracy loves the way I dress. She thinks I look cool. We look good together out in public.
She dresses like a badgirl but very sexy. She likes to wear different types of clothing style.
She too sometimes comment that I should expand my wardrob...changes are good.

As I said before...I'm attracted to certain types of women. My wardrob are design to attract
certain types of women...yes even the nice innocent looking type during the day but wild in the bedroom.

My first day in college. I was having lunch along. JK came over and asked if she could join me.
She said "hey..I remember you"...I met JK for a brift moment during that summer..lasted less than 5 mins.
She was in her swimsuit. My impression of her was OMFG..I wish she was mine.
As I can recall...I was in my ripped jeans, long ass wavy hair the first time I saw her.
JK dress like a professional woman. A good church girl.
I had her in my math class and always showed her my test score...100. I'm a math whiz.
Of course I dress like that in the 80s..I played in a metal band.
JK didnt know I was a musicain until after we went out.

If you don't know what to talk about with a girl, ask her questions and find a common ground. Bat in some of did you know's. Don't talk about yourself too much, she might think you're narcissist. Don't ask her too many questions, she might think you're a creep. Find the right balance and above all, be friendly and casual. Make her feel that you would love to get to know her and that you would also like her to get to know you. You are not ugly at all and shy=cute in most girls' book :)

Latest posts

Back