Godzilla has arrived :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godzilla73

Reaction score
Hello everyone, recently when searching for people to email I found this site. I have been here before but it probably was a few years ago. My name is Mike and i'm 44. I have experienced loneliness as well, I am separated and have been for three years. It's also not fun not really knowing anyone that I can talk to other than family. I have a few coworkers on facebook, but that's about it. 

I have found groups to attend before here, but I haven't been going to any of them. More recently I just quit my job, I was a supervisor for Subway and I didn't like how upper management was treating me, so I made a foolish mistake of quitting. Well, now I just need to push myself to apply again, so that doesn't help with the loneliness having so much time on my hands. 

I try to keep myself busy, but the fact I don't really have people to talk to only reminds myself that i'm still alone. This Saturday I am going to go to a Christian singles group and I hope that it helps. I have always been a very positive person in my life, wanting to help others out, but sometimes that loneliness takes over more than I want it to. 

I love to chat, so I hope to see some of you around. Maybe I can bring some positivity into your lives because I always try to smile and look at things in a good way. Also, yes by the name I love Godzilla, always loved the movies growing up and recently found a marathon on tv, so couldn't be any happier. 

Mike

Welcome Godzilla!

Know full and well what you mean when you say "the loneliness takes over more than you want it to", it is an ongoing struggle and sometimes your own thoughts get you down more than they really should.

I hope that christian singles group works out come saturday, if your first experience leaves you with a sour taste do not give up, it takes time.

Hi Godzilla, welcome. It sounds like you have a good attitude and are being as pro-active as possible given your circumstances.

I feel like the positive mental attitude route is the best way to go although it isn't my default setting I am really starting to appreciate the difference it makes. Well, now I am typing and deleting so just gonna hit send okay bye :D

Welcome Gzilla! Hope you have fun at the christian singles group
Looking forward to your positivity!

Thank You and yes I have been to this group a few times before, but then I just couldn't really attend because of work hours months ago and then just kind of quit going. I suppose I just procrastinated, but now I really want to get involved again. I think it will be nice to see some of the same people before, it's really a group that meets for bible study as well every other Sat, so that sounds like fun.

I try to be very positive, it's pretty rare when I feel really down but lately it has sucked feeling like I don't have anyone to talk to, so the forums really help. It's nice to talk to others, I know that helps me out a lot.

Hi Godzilla...Good luck and welcome :)

Thanks for the advice on my intro which I'm going to start soon and get away from my drugs of choice 
tea coffee and booze.

I understand how a somewhat controlling partner can effect your life especially with kids involved but because you love them and want the partnership to last for the kids sake as well it's difficult to change how things are.

Anyway I don't write at all in my job so making that last paragraph make sense has worn me right out(knackered after work) so hope all goes well with the Christian group and I'm sure by the sounds of you you will make good friend here

Latest posts

Back