Going to bed late, every night

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

troubled

I usually go to bed around 1am, it's a terrible habit i've had for years. I'm so lonely during the day I probably stay up because i think i'm missing something. I look so rough these days, i'm pretty sure I don't look as good as a few years ago. Does anyone else have this routine?

I used to. Then i started going to bed at a reasonable hour.

It helped me. :)

Yeah, during the summer I would stay up as late as 5 am.

Then i'd sleep in till 1 or 2 pm :p.

Try waking up earlier. It's hard the first morning, but from then on it won't be as difficult.
Then by like 11 or 12 you'll be too tired to stay up later :p.

I usually don't go to bed till 5-10 am, and wake up between 11am and 6pm. I like being up at night, the time goes by faster and the quiet calm reminds me of the twilight zone. If you want to go to bed earlier, get up earlier. And if you're looking rough, take a shower and shave, although a lot of girls like guys who look rough, I think it's the whole bad boy thing.

yeah, i can relate to this because on school nights, i go to bed at 1am most of times and i tried to go bed earlier but it still doesn't work. it is so annoying at times because i feel tired the next day and almost fell asleep in lessons sometimes.

I have to be up at about 6:15am every morning, but I still go to bed at midnight or so.

I am often up for a few days at a time. I have had insomnia forever...

i have pills that knock me out- prescribed ones that I am supposed to take. but i dont like taking them

After about 48 hours of being awake I start getting nervous and really creative.

Then I start this really weird laughing at everything after 3 days.

Then I usually crash.

If anyone has any advice that has nothing to do with caffeine or warm baths or anything really obvious im open to suggestions :(

Totally relate to this. For me it's like I stay up late because I keep hoping something will happen. Something will call or text or message me to come hang out, go to a party, whatever. And sometimes it happens. But whenever it doesn't, I just sit awake waiting.

I do that too, AcrossTheHall, but I live in a small village in the south west of England....

so yeah, the parties NEVER happen. But the late nights do :(.

Towards the end of the summer I'd stay up pretty late (3am - 5am) since I didn't have anything to do and the day would go by quicker when I did.

But whenever I want to go to sleep early, I find that going to the gym or running outside helps. It tires me out and helps me go to sleep earlier.

troubled said:
I usually go to bed around 1am, it's a terrible habit i've had for years. I'm so lonely during the day I probably stay up because i think i'm missing something. I look so rough these days, i'm pretty sure I don't look as good as a few years ago. Does anyone else have this routine?

I've been doing that for the past 6 years (I'm 18) somedays I stay up past 3 or 4, and some few days I stay up almost all night long. You can obviously tell just by looking at my face.

hah! dude 1am pssh

during the summer i don't go to sleep till the sun comes up

right now I go to bed between about 11-1 though last night I was playing videogames till 3:30

ahh don't worry you'll be fine

:D

i go to bed late and wake up early during the week.... I just can't sleep. On the weekends i do sleep in later...

I also do love to take a nap whenever I can, but those usually turn into sleep marathon's because my sleep schedule is so off....

On average I sleep 3-4 hours a night... but every once in a while, I will sleep 15+ hours straight.

Well I currently don't have a schedule so I usually stay awake the entire night because I love the silence, I like being on my own in the living room when everything is dark, see the moon above the skylight and then see the sky being lit in the early morning! Hm yup, should try sleeping at night more often but honestly, I feel much more awake during the night.

troubled said:

1am is not so bad, right? I did the same since the age of 12, then college years were kind of crazy (3-5am-2pm), after I was back to 1am.
Actually I really enjoy those hours of calm, and most of the time I knew some other night owl like me to have a chat after midnight; without that, there's always online forums :)
Actually the thing of staying up because you haven't had enough excitement during the day sucks, I know it well :-( - does that mean that you have to go and look for something interesting to do during the day?
But I am not sure if that makes you look less fresh, my guess is that as long as you have your hours of sleep it doesn't matter when do you sleep them.
Anyway, I did that for 30plus years and never affected me, except for having to avoid a 9 to 5 job, and I m still kind of fresh ;-)

Ugh same for me. Last year I haven't been going to school or anything so I've been going to bed whenever I wanted (which was usually at the time comedy central stopped being funny or when I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore) and now that I go to uni I still can't sleep before 1am when I'm supposed to get up at times like 6 >.<

I keep later hours for my friend in Australia. But I also get up pretty early.

who go to bed late are more likely to have poor quality sleep, which may affect their mental health and academic performance, according to new research.Most of us have had the uncomfortable experience of spending a sleepless night at some point in out lives. This article covers some basics about the importance of sleep, and the effect a lack of sleep can have on our lives, especially the adverse effects on our health and academic achievement.

Hi ;)
I am completly the opposite . I am fairly busy in a morning and very early afternoon. I have my dinner and thats when the problems start. Shortly After having my dinner i make my tea, and i am normally in bed by 17.30-18.30 , because i have had enough of the day and am bored out of my mind. To be honest i am ready for bed from 14.00 onwards.......not great at my age.

Latest posts

Back